April 2022 Moms

Unpopular Opinion (UO) 9/2/21

Okay let's hear 'em. 

You Are Wrong GIFs  Tenor

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO) 9/2/21

• Definitely an unpopular opinion 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Ehh they're getting paid for it. And my feet are a lot less gross than some of the men that come in there because they're too lazy to clip their own toenails. And Jesus washed the feet of his followers so.. 🤷‍♀️
  • I don't like live music
  • @sarahhedger7 You’re totally right, I always tell myself that no matter how bad I think it is, it’s definitely not the worst they’ve ever seen 😂 I mean, hopefully lol 
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited September 2021
  • @aloha_mama I thought I was the only one! Haha. Yes, it’s nice to have pretty feet/toes after, but I always feel so awkward during it. Funnily enough my partner LOVES pedicures, so he makes me go with him, and I have to say that having him there helps me feel less awkward. But otherwise, no thank you!
  • @aloha_mama Yes it does feel awkward having someone else trim my toenails…🤣

Bacon is ok. Not gross, not great. I don’t understand the hype.

Oatmeal raisin cookies are by far the best cookies.

Chocolate is good, but chocolate ice cream is not. It doesn’t really taste like chocolate.
  • @doxiemoxie212 I don’t go out of my way to watch live music, so I guess I agree, but when there happens to be live music at a coffee shop or restaurant, I enjoy it.
  • @doxiemoxie212 I completely agree, especially if it wasn't expected. I don't want to be at a restaurant trying to talk over a cover band.

@loveanddatadriven I don't like chocolate ice cream or milk either. I'll add chocolate sauce e to ice cream though.
  • @loveanddatadriven 100% with you on oatmeal raisin cookies, I don’t understand why people complain about them all the time. And I love chocolate but will pass on chocolate ice cream and cake any day.
  • @aloha_mama I also hate pedicures! My SILs have gone together for years and a few months ago I broke down and went with them. Well, TMI, but now I have a toenail fungus. 😭 Of course I’m the only one. *sigh* So anyway now I’m doing everything I can to get rid of it so I can have pretty toenails again. Never going back. 

Ummm let’s see, this is really unpopular, but I don’t like Christmas. 🤷‍♀️ My entire family loves it but I feel like it’s unnecessarily stressful. I think there are better ways to celebrate Jesus lol. 
  • Oooh yes, I love oatmeal raisin cookies.
  • @loveanddatadriven and @sarahhedger7 oatmeal cookies are only good with chocolate chips. Or the iced ones from the store.

• @doxiemoxie212 I'm actually not the biggest fan either. You wouldn't know it because MH's family works in the concert business so I've been to a lot of shows. I always feel like a ticket is being waster on me lol

A musical, though, now that I'm willing to pay money for!
  • @SmashJam chocolate chips contaminate oatmeal cookies 🤣
  • @SmashJam I’m with @loveanddatadriven with this, give me a good cinnamon-y oatmeal and raisin cookie any day, chocolate chips can stay in their lane lol
  • I enjoy an oatmeal raisin cookie. It’s an excellent breakfast cookie. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Bleh to raisins in a perfectly good oatmeal cookie. And chocolate is great, except for dark chocolate!
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited September 2021
    Yeah, I guess here's my unpopular opinion. Raisins are an abomination. Grapes should be wine, or grapes or juice. Not raisins. I like all manner of dried fruit, but raisins? GRAPES should stay in their lane, and remain out of the dried fruit business, lol. 

ETA: a lolz. Because I think I came off a bit too intense in my raisin hatred. 
  • @SmashJam I am right there with you! 
  • This conversation is hilarious to me.  We have this fight in my house every time we go hiking.  I hate all dried fruit, my husband loves all of it, and my daughter only likes raisens! 

My UO, hot chocolate, and chocolate in general is best with chili 🌶️ 
  • edited September 2021
    @hoosiermamajayden I used to love Christmas until the convergence of traditional gender roles and my arrival into adulthood made me 100% responsible for making everything happen. (I’m sorry. I have to get gifts for my entire family, H’s entire family, our child; plan several get togethers, clean for them, decorate; cook everything homemade making sure to accommodate several different food allergies and intolerances; and write/manage DD’s, H’s, and my own thank you notes? No thank you. Not fun anymore.) At least we (I) don’t do a tree anymore. I put my foot down.

@todzillamom chili with chocolate is the best!
  • @SmashJam Agreed. Raisins need to just not.

My UO: I’m pretty introverted and would rather not have the local Starbucks baristas get to know me by name. I hate making small talk every time and I would way rather just be anonymous. 
  • @loveanddatadriven it really is too much. I put my foot down on the tree, too. So much less stress.

@doxiemoxie212 Oh my gosh! My husband and I are both fairly extroverted but he is definitely moreso than I am. When we go on dates sometimes it feels like he would rather be chatty with the servers or bartenders or whoever and I’m just standing there like, oh, hey, they’re being pleasant and putting up with you but you came here to spend time with meeeee lol. It literally ruined our anniversary for me last year. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 same exact. And my husband loves to chat it up with everyone.
  • @Ivorytower2 as an introvert and former Starbucks barista, I hated making small talk with the customers. Lol. But, when we had a regular and I knew the drink order we could get that person out faster and avoided some of the “small talk”. The drive thru small talk was always the most awkward (making small talk is literally part of the job at sbux.) 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @Avrilmai I lived in NYC most of my adulthood so I'm just used to headphones-in-don't-talk-to-me life lol it still boggles my mind here in the California burbs (even though I grew up here) that anyone I don't know thinks it's okay to talk to me lol