December 2021 Moms

Weekly Check in 8/30/21

How far along are you?: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received?

Re: Weekly Check in 8/30/21

• How far along are you?: 26 weeks today

Upcoming appointments: @ 28 weeks

How are you feeling?: Rough physically. I’m so uncomfortable already and little things are becoming difficult. Ugh. I also feel huge, and to top it off my grandmother keeps asking me if I’ve “gained a lot of weight.” 😑

Rants/Raves: Comments about weight gain, ugh why do people have to do that?!? Side note, we’re the beach for a couple of days and it’s DD’s first time going. She doesn’t love it, haha. Kind of glad this is a short trip because of that and covid. At least we get a few days off.

Questions: Anyone else just feel terrible?!?

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received? It wasn’t a gift, but on my birthday one year we had to put our cat down unexpectedly when she became deathly ill in a matter of days. It was terrible. 

• Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly Hope your DS had a great first day of school! Oh my gosh some people are just too far gone to reason with. I just unfollow people like that on facebook so I don't have to see the crap they post. I'll occasionally check their profile to see if I missed pics of their kids or something or if they've slowed down posting the BS I'll follow them again. 

@rgn12 I will NEVER understand why people feel the need to comment on a person's body pregnant or not (but especially pregnant) other than you look great! My first pregnancy I had a coworker who constantly commented on how big I was. She was an asshole. Another coworker was in tears one day at shift change when I was giving her report because people were commenting on how small she was and doubting her baby was growing enough which made her feel like crap. So big or small comments can be hurtful. 

How far along are you?: 24w2d

Upcoming appointments: nothing until 9/27

How are you feeling?: Same - tired, sciatic pain, lots of braxton hicks 

Rants/Raves: I am SO over this heat. I hate hot weather not pregnant. It's extra bad pregnant and it's been highs of 90-100+ for weeks now. I am so so ready for fall weather and everything that goes along with fall (sweatshirts, college football, closer to meeting baby...) Also rant - at my 23 week appointment last week I mentioned to my ob that I had GD with both boys (they weren't planning on doing my test until 28 weeks which I thought was very late with my history). She was like you did? We should have done it already then. Yep, that's why I brought it up.... frustrating that I feel like things fall between the cracks because the office is way too busy. She said I could take a test then (It was almost 5pm, I'd waited an hour for a 5 min appointment already) or check my sugars for 3 days and if I had two high ones we'd just call it GD. I opted to test my sugars because I was pretty sure I'd have it again and of course I do. I have PCOS, had it with both my boys, and I'm a little overweight. It was pretty much guaranteed. I'm hoping it will be diet controlled again and not too terrible. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received? Hmm I don't get completely terrible gifts typically but my MIL usually gets me little things that I will never use (tacky holiday dish towels come to mind). With DH we pretty much just buy what we want through the year and don't exchange much for gifts otherwise. 

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @prpl11butterfly- how as the first day of school?! i am sure I will be an emotional mess when that time comes

@rgn12- i feel huge too! these second babies! i can't believe anyone is asking you about your weight tho!! GRRR

@mockinjay1- sorry about the GD :( That does seem odd your OB wouldn't be all over the testing. I am glad you spoke up tho!

How far along are you?: Today is 25+6. Each week feels like such a milestone...

Upcoming appointments: Nothing for two more weeks! its a long wait it feels like. But then after that I will go at 30, 32, 33, 34, etc...

How are you feeling?: I also feel alot bigger this time. Overall feel pretty good, except for heartburn and swollen calves if I sit too much at work

Rants/Raves: hmm we are working on the nursery and that makes me happy. its a good distraction from all the scary stuff. I still have good and bad moments. I was at a wedding this weekend (masked of course haha), and one of the wives of one of the friends works as a nurse in the Cardio ICU at the childrens hospital we are going too! So we had a good talk, but it definitely made me think about what the first 1-2 months will be like. I just have waves of sadness that baby girl, and us, have to go through all of this. Hard to imagine how I will hold it all together and not just cry every day when she is here when we are in the hospital, but I am sure I will find the strength to be brave for her.

Questions: For STM+, are you doing a registry and what is going on it?? We are, but just for the completion discount. I'm finding we really dont need much, but do want that 20% off for the crib, mattress, etc.

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received? Hmm i can't think of much! We don't do a ton of gifts, much more into experiences!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 I truly can't imagine what you're feeling. I have no doubt you will be strong (and it will be perfectly ok not to always be strong, remember that). Your little girl is very lucky to have a mom that loves her so much already. We're making a registry for the completion discount too. I stuck a new my breastfeeding pillow on there and I'll probably add other breastfeeding/pumping essentials, we need a new infant car seat because ours expired this summer, an owlet sock, a new nosefrieda, probably some diapers... I need to see if we need anything else. We will wait to get nursery bedding and most clothes until after delivery when we find out the sex, so I'll probably add that stuff on there. I feel like with target you get an in person completion coupon and an online one? Or at least that's how it used to be.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @prpl11butterfly yikes, the conspiracy theory stuff is so hard to navigate and reason with. I have had to set some boundaries with that stuff myself at one point, because it was too stressful to continue hearing the constant crazy from certain people. 

@mockingjay1 I agree, they really can be hurtful either way. With Target that’s how it used to be when I was pregnant with DD, hopefully the same now?? 🤞🏻

@JamieH2000 yesss, those second babies!! Thinking about you. Re: strength and bravery, it certainly sounds like you have a tremendous amount of strength and you’re already being brave for your little one. ❤️ Re: registry stuff, I have a public target registry (that I haven’t shared with anyone, no one has asked either haha) for essentials like crib, dresser, diapers, and a few supplies we need. Then I have a Babylist that is private where I add random cute things I find while mindlessly scrolling online shops haha. So that one is more of a “want” and I may or may not buy anything from it 🤣
  • @JamieH2000 I have an amazon registry, but it only has a few things on it like a new monitor and another Hatch sound machine. We already have a crib and furniture and all the big baby stuff so we don't really need much. 

How far along are you?: 23 weeks

Upcoming appointments: in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: I have a cold. Boo. I got covid tested just in case, but luckily it was negative.

Rants/Raves: DD did great with her ear tubes and adenoid surgery yesterday. Although her ENT did say that it probably won't be her last ear surgery based on her ear anatomy. Poor thing.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received? I honestly don't know. DH is great at giving gifts even if he can't wait until birthdays/holidays to give them. 

• @mockingjay1 Sorry to hear about your GD. I guess you know what to expect but I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier. 

@JamieH2000 I don't have a registry for our 2nd. I feel like I probably won't either. I really just need clothes, bottles, soothers and I'm thinking of getting the baby brezza. I'm going to breastfeed again but will probably introduce formula right away so that DH can take some feeds. Breastfeeding really upset my rosacea with DS from all the hormones so I'm open to formula sooner rather then later. 

How far along are you?: 27 weeks

Upcoming appointments: next Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: Good. Still have some high anxiety and I've started to do kick counts. Nothing else really going on besides eating all the cupcakes and peanut butter cups and eating my anxiety. I feel like this baby will be 10 pounds.

Rants/Raves: rant... our bathroom renos are still not started and our air conditioning is not in yet. Hopefully this coming Tuesday. Gingers crossed.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received? Well one year DH didn't get me anything for Christmas do probably that. Let's just say I don't think he will let that happen again.

• @kats0727 ugh the covid situation is so scary.  I am so sorry your feeling so overwhelmed.  I can't imagine. 
  • Can I just say, it is so weird to disclose your pregnancy during covid over zoom. People have no idea because they don’t see you (I’m still WFH) and they are totally blindsided! 
  • How far along are you?: 26 weeks 3 days 

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test next week 😑🤞🏼

How are you feeling?: Physically, decent. Emotionally, drained. 

Rants/Raves: Wellll ranting. Where do I start? (Please don't feel obligated to read, legitimately just venting!) My son started school Wednesday in person. His Dad called me Wednesday morning to let me know 2 of his coworkers tested positive and he was showing symptoms and getting tested. Long story short, he tested positive and my son was with him Tuesday night. It's a mess. My son is over there, not showing symptoms but because I told him if he came back here he'd have to avoid us for a few days until we know he's fine, he said no. So that basically puts me at not seeing him for probably 3 weeks, if not longer, and on top of that, out of school for the same amount of time, being his first week of middle school. I'm heartbroken and have been an absolute mess for the last 2 days about it. Today was better, he got tested and was negative so it doesn't change much quarantine wise, but at least peace of mind. My Mom ended up having 2 surgeries on her brain for the newly discovered tumor. She's home and doing well considering but I had high hopes when my aunt stopped to visit Wednesday and said she was totally herself, totally coherent and back to normal. I stopped today, and she most definitely was not. Very confused, lots of repeating herself. Just not what I was looking forward to. Emotionally draining week is putting it fricken lightly. I'm hoping for a good weekend, get my kind off things and freaking recharge!

Questions: When is life gunna cut me some slack here?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

GTKY: What is the worst gift you have received? Not the worst but my mother in law is really good at if we give her ideas or a list for Christmas, that's usually what she buys. This year for my birthday, I told my husband to tell her about this HidrateSpark water bottle I wanted so I could track my water intake. She ended up getting me a manicure and massage gift certificate, which don't get me wrong is wonderful! But I had my hopes set so high on this water bottle. 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ I ended up buying it anyways so I guess I made out with a better deal. 

• @rpreston17 i am so sorry you are going through so much at once.  How frustrating about your aunt's perception of how your mom was doing vs. the reality you saw.  I can't imagine how much of a shock it must have been to see something completely different than what you were expecting.  I hope your son's quarantine goes quickly!  Sending hugs!!!