March 2022 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday 8.30.21

What is everyone cooking this week? Share your meal ideas, recipes, etc.!

Re: Meal Plan Monday 8.30.21

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited August 2021
    @jennyus That is a good list! I'm saving the curry and peanut stew. Both of those are right up my alley.

I need ideas for the rest of the week, but right now: 
    - Today: Philly cheese steaks with a caesar salad 
    - Tuesday: Tortellini and salmon 

I'm not making it this week, but this is so easy and yummy if anyone needs an idea:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jeenyus goat cheese is A-ok if you’re buying it at a standard supermarket. If you were buying homemade or artisanal cheese from a roadside vendor or super crunchy co-op you would want to confirm it was pasteurized. But any cheese in a US supermarket is going to be fine. 
  • Options
    @Jeenyus yummm that curry sounds amazing. I'm putting that on my list. We are having strawberry goat cheese salads too! 

Monday: BLTs (veggie bacon and tomatoes from our garden!) probably with chips or crackers or something 
    Tuesday: Strawberry goat cheese salads
    Wednesday: buffalo cauliflower tacos and salad
    Thursday: stir fry (or red curry?) 
    Friday: pizza! 

there will be a leftover night and/or takeout if we don't feel like one of these or get to the weekend and have no food left

• Options
    I bought the ingredients for the following meals this week; whether I actually cook all of them or not depends on energy levels

- potato salad with asparagus, arugula and pesto from "Peace, Love and Fibre" cookbook;
    - red lentil dal https://lovingitvegan.com/lentil-dal/;
    - mexican buddah bowls with black beans, broccoli slaw, pico de gallo, guac and quinoa; 
    - greek salad with pickled beets, feta, wheat berries, cucumber, and arugula. 
    - yellow lentil & corn soup 

I also bought a lot of berries, veggies to grill, many jars of pickles, and some cinnamon toast crunch
  • Options
    you all have some awesome meal plans, mine looks pretty plain comparatively...

Tuesday- tacos/taco salads
    Wednesday- spaghetti with garlic knots
    Thursday- leftovers
    Friday- pizza... we'll either order some or make them at home, depends how I'm feeling by Friday
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Coming off 3 days in a row in the ER and happy to be home cooking dinners this week. @rachelredhead i feel you on the cinnamon toast crunch. What is up with that craving?! Havent had that since high school and bought that and golden grahams.

Tues- homemade pasta with blackened salmon
    Wed- sweet potato shepards pie with all the veggies we need to eat up
    Thurs- homemade sourdough pizzas
    Fri- DH works overnight so the kid and I will probably have mac n cheese 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Sat- grilled marinated chicken and grilled veggies
  • Options
    I love meal plan threads! I'm always in need of ideas!