EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be?

Re: Weekly Check In 8/30

• Loading the player...
  • @morgantu we can stressfully count down the days to our ultrasounds together ❤ 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: waiting on official word. Either 11 or 11+2 or somewhere in between. 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: lime

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out 

Upcoming Appointments: US on Wednesday Sept 1! Yay! looking forward to seeing baby but not to drinking all of the water. Also sad hubby cannot come in the room because of COVID policies 

How are you feeling?: Good - no complaints 

Rants/Raves: Feeling grateful that the weight gain hasn't been to crazy for me yet this pregnancy. I haven't been giving in to sweet cravings as much this time around. 

Questions: I have never done the 12 week optional NIPT testing stuff.  I have a blood requisition for the EFTS portion of it . Thinking of heading to the clinic today for that bloodwork. Anyone know how long results take (I am in Canada)

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be? Mindreading. Its not as cool as teleportation but it is something I have always wanted to do and it was my immediate reaction to this question. This is a good GTKY question so kudos to @Panaceia for coming up with it! 
  • @realhousewife519 Is it the first trimester screen (Ultrasound + Bloodwork) or is it the NIPT (just bloodwork...if you're younger than 40 at delivery you would likely be paying out of pocket if you're in Ontario plus there is no ultrasound with it so that's the easiest way to tell the difference:)? I'm in Ontario (GTA) and had the first trimester screen with DD1...I got the results from the ultrasound right away in terms of nuchal fold measurements and if things were looking OK (tech gave me the info) and I got the blood results at my next doctor's appointment...but had there been an issue they would have called me sooner. With DD2 I was 40 so I got the NIPT because it's covered. It took 16 days to get the results...but part of that was because Xmas fell right when I was expecting the results. So again I got them at my next appointment. If Xmas hadn't fallen during the wait I likely would have gotten the results a day or 2 earlier...but it's around a 2 week wait. Plus here they don't post them to your online portal and you have to wait to hear from your doctor:/ FX you don't have to wait very long!!!!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  March 12, 12w2d today

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact:  plum!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, DD is almost 3!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out this week!

Upcoming Appointments:  just had my NT scan and blood draw for cell-free DNA. Scan was perfect, just waiting for those blood test results! Then we will finally share our news publicly!

How are you feeling?:  starting to feel much better! Still have waves of nausea and fatigue but getting back to myself. I have a little bit of placenta previa which gave me a bleeding scare, but all seems okay. It’s still there, but the doctor I saw today said I was fine to walk and exercise but still no sex. Happy with that! 

Rants/Raves: rave-we’re on a staycation this week so we’re exploring local places and planning day trips. COVID rates are going up and DD is too little to be vaccinated so just being careful where we go. Sticking to outdoors as much as possible. This weekend is our anniversary (7 yrs!) so we’re going on a date for the first time in a long time!

Questions: did anyone have the QNatal cell free DNA that Quest does? I’m wondering how long the results took? My OB today said a week?

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be?
    Teleportation! I hate driving so much! 

@Panaceia I feel you on the disappearing bloat. I look almost normal in the morning and definitely much bigger by evening. It made dressing for work last week challenging! I would think my outfit was fine and by the end of the day, the staff would be asking if I was pregnant. A little earlier than I wanted to share, but it gave me away!

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 10+2

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: lego man

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: went for my NIPT yesterday and having a reveal on the 11th. 

Upcoming Appointments: this Friday will be my second appointment. I’ve officially graduated out of the fertility office.  

How are you feeling?: ROUGH! I feel like I have a constant hangover and the constipation is no joke but I’m trying to embrace it all. 1st tri has been so dark because I live in a constant state of fear that I’ll lose it. Doesn’t help that one our nurses took their life recently and I’ve been an emotional mess.😭

Rants/Raves: found the heartbeat on the Doppler at home!! It’s giving me peace of mind and I’m 
    hoping I’ll start enjoying this pregnancy now. 

Questions: anyone wi magical constipation remedies?  Tried fiber, stool softeners, and tons of water. 

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be? To be invisible 
  • @Nik102 what helps me with constipation is exercise (long walks, elliptical, jogging if you want, anything upright) and apple juice. I’m normally not a fruit juice person so I tend to water it down but it does seem to help (along with all the other stuff you’re doing). 
  • @Panaceia I think it is a full NIPT but who knows? My doctor is communicating mostly by email right now due to COVID and her working from home. She sent me a bunch of tests to do without much explanation. One was a blood test called EFTS and the other was an NT ultrasound. Got the blood done yesterday and they are sending it out of town to York. The ultrasound is tomorrow. The clinic said they cannot send a copy of my blood results to me directly, they said it has to go through doctor. We shall see! 
  • @rachelredhead have an awesome trip!
    @Panaceia I feel like a look a little less bloated in the morning, I just assume I'm more bloated by the end of the day because I've been eating lots of snacks
    @morgantu hope your NIPT went well!
    @kgg2241 glad you're starting to feel better
    @realhousewife519 good luck at your US tomorrow!
    @quiltandknit Happy anniversary! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: between 11-12

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: lime

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team green!

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until the 21st, just a regular OB check

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay, still feeling fatigue and some light nausea

Rants/Raves: got our NIPT test results back and everything looked good.  It was hard not to open them and see if we're having a boy or girl, but I resisted. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be?  a super weird one- I'd like to be able to breathe underwater... not sure why but it's always been something I thought would be cool.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @realhousewife519 The EFTS is part of the first trimester screen along with the NT scan (what I got with DD1 before I turned 40 and they decided I was old:). You should be able to get the NT measurements from the tech at you ultrasound and Google to make sure the measurements look good:) The blood work takes a little longer because it has to be analyzed in relation to the scan, so you'll likely get it at your next appointment with your doctor. If any results come back abnormal the next step will be the NIPT, but I'm sure you won't need it! The eTFS doesn't tell you gender though (at least it didn't used to, unless it has changed) so you might still need to wait until the anatomy scan for that:/ The NIPT that we do here is called the Panorama and is called by it's name on all the forms (so it says Panorama instead of NIPT on everything for example) but it's not covered unless you're over 40 so doctors here don't requisition it unless the eTFS results require it if that makes sense. So I think you're getting the first tri screening:) Good luck at your ultrasound! I'm sure everything will be perfect!!!
  • @Panaceia wow! Thanks for the explanation. I knew literally none of that beforehand. The only reason I opted in to the extra tests was to find out gender, so jokes on me! I guess I will be waiting until anatomy scan! LOL oh well. 
  • @realhousewife519 I only know the difference because of the switch to the NIPT with DD2:)
    Finding out the sex is definitely one of the perks of the NIPT. Just by luck I looked over the paperwork before my appointment and the RN who filled it out hadn't checked the box to find out the gender so I wouldn't have found out either if I hadn't looked through the forms and checked the box myself:/ Honestly I had the eTFS 8 years ago so it's entirely possible they do gender now! Hopefully your results come back quickly!!!!
  • @jenis_fan_for_life you definitely have to stay! Seconding @Panaceia we will have Feb, March, and April babes anyway! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/3 13w5d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: potsticker

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 9/17

How are you feeling?: Such bad headaches!

Rants/Raves: I’m over the summer and am so happy to see September tomorrow

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be? This is a toughie, I’m going to go with the power of persuasion, think “I heard a rumor” from Umbrella Academy  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @gembud I feel you on the headaches. I caved and took tylenol today because I couldnt handle it any longer. I’ve had one every day for about a week now. Freaking hormones.
    @jenis_fan_for_life please stay! You’re already established here. That is miserable your date was moved further out. I didnt even think of that being a possibility.
    @rachelredhead love Tennessee! Have fun!
    @Panaceia yay for 11 weeks and upcoming appts! If only time would speed up.
    @lurvleybunchococonuts im so sorry you have the added stress of the antibodies weighing on your already heavy heart. I have not experienced this and know little about it. Hopefully your doctor will be able to answer all your questions and put you more at ease. Sometimes pregnancy feels like a never ending list of worries. So sorry you’re dealing with this.
  • @jenis_fan_for_life the verdict is clear: you're staying! Won't matter a bit in the long run :) 
  • @Panaceia @gembud @night_nurse @morgantu Thank you!! I have tears in my hormonal first trimester eyes! So happy to continue being a March mama!

@night_nurse I’m with you on the Zofran and constipation 🤦‍♀️ It sucks. 
  • @rachelredhead Have fun on your trip tomorrow!
    @quiltandknit Enjoy the staycation and happy anniversary!
    @Nik102 Congrats on graduating from your fertility office and finding the HB! I've also been using a doppler, and it's been so reassuring!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 12 weeks today! Due 3-16-22

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Plum

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: TFO

Upcoming Appointments: 9/20 with OB, 9/29 with MFM

How are you feeling?: Thought I was feeling good, but nope. Last night was rough with nausea and vomiting. Still very fatigued.

Rants/Raves: We just got back from Charleston, and it was so fun! I'd love to go back. Also happy that my 12 week scan went well. Since I have an empty 3rd sac lingering around, I'm not a good candidate for genetic testing since the empty sac has chromosomes/DNA attached and might give abnormal results. Will probably have to wait until anatomy scan to make sure babies are ok and the gender. The nuchal folds are good, so that is reassuring!

GTKY: If you could have one super power what would it be? Teleportation would definitely be cool, but I'd like to be able to survive with 0 hours of sleep like a vampire. I could get so much done! I could read more books, binge on more shows, my house could be clean...oh the possibilities!