January 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 8/27

Well, spill it, ladies!

*not always guaranteed to be flame free*

Re: FFFC 8/27

• Options
    There are certain days I don't want to give birth (which obviously is out of my control...) I'll be 37 weeks on Christmas Day, and I really don't want a Christmas or New Years' baby. More so because we have family members with those birthdays (mainly because we have not great memories/relationships with them, more so than having to share a birthday with a holiday). I also don't want to give birth on January 6 just due to the correlations about that day.

Although DH and I both feel strongly that we will end up with a Jan. 6 baby.
  • Options
    @fifilala516 UGH I didn’t even think of that! January 6 is my due date too 🤦‍♀️ well, the due date the my doctor says, even though every EDD calculator says January 5 and it was IVF 🤷‍♀️ 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really don't want a Christmas baby either. It's highly unlikely that I'll have a New Years Eve or day baby, since my OB said they don't let AMA mom's go past their due date. But she doesn't think I'll make it that far anyway. 

I'd be happy with a Dec 15th delivery day since that's my grandma's bday. Otherwise, I'd prefer to make it to Dec 27-29 so that I still get winter break AND maternity leave. If I deliver before or during winter break, it counts as part of my maternity leave. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ha- I weirdly want my baby to be born early (in December) so I get the tax credit!  
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 same! I’m due 1-24 so not likely 
  • Options
    I would love a late Dec 2021 baby a) for the tax credit and b) because I’m already starting to get uncomfortable and can’t imagine how much worse it is going to get. However I did read something that now doctors are saying 39 weeks is more “full-term” than the typical 37, and that those last few weeks can be crucial for development. Of course I just want a healthy baby, regardless of birthday!
  • Options
    Ha- I weirdly want my baby to be born early (in December) so I get the tax credit!  
    Me too! I have 2 December babies and a January baby and would prefer another December baby. But my babies never come early.
  • Options
    I'm missing something- why dont you want a Jan 6 baby? @fifilala516 @Lisa3379
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant That’s the date of the insurrection on the Capitol. I mean, in the grand scheme, if the kid is born on January 6, it’s fine, haha. But I’d prefer another day. 🙂
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant What @Lisa3379 said. Obviously, it's not a big deal in the long run but I hate the implications of what that day means and how everyone just refers to it by its date. I would feel similarly about a Sept. 11 birthday.
  • Options
    @fifilala516 @Lisa3379
    Aahh yes. 
    Sorry. Canadian here. 
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant Haha no problem! Never apologize for being Canadian 😂 I’m always trying to find a way to justify a move to Vancouver. 
  • Options
    fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited August 2021
    Lisa3379 said:
    @sarah_is_pregnant Haha no problem! Never apologize for being Canadian 😂 I’m always trying to find a way to justify a move to Vancouver. 
    me too! Or Toronto. 
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 yes! This!! I told hubby as soon as I hit 37 weeks I’m doing all the things to get baby out early. Both my kids were late though so I’m not holding my breath 😅
  • Options
    @MrsJessS - hahaha exactly!  37 weeks for me will be end of December!  I mean the tax credit plus knowing I have already hit my full insurance deductible is so appealing!  Obviously I want the little guy to be as healthy as possible but if he’s early I ain’t gonna be mad! 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 @fifilala516 I totally hear you with the Jan 6th due date.. the only reason I kind of want that date is that it would be my Grandpas 100th birthday so I think would be kind of cool. We’ll see though- my due date is Jan 4th. 
  • Options
    My due date is so awkward. It's Jan 31st. Low key hoping baby will come feb 1-3 just to give me a few extra days to prepare 😅