January 2022 Moms
Options

Choroid plexus cyst

At today's anatomy scan they found a choroid plexus cyst. Basically it's a pocket of fluid on the baby's brain. Doctor says not to worry that it should resolve itself by the 24th week. We have another scan scheduled for then. However, my genetic bloodwork hasn't came back to the dr yet. It was sent to medical records as opposed to being faxed to the office like it was supposed to be. Without the bloodwork we cant be sure if it is a chromosonal abnormality. She says its likely not since everything else appeared normal. It's probably something developmental and will resolve. I'm trying not to worry about it but thats hard to do. Has anyone else heard of this or experienced this in a pregnancy? If so what was the outcome? 

Re: Choroid plexus cyst

• Options
    I've not dealt with this, but think I can remember another mom or 2 dealing with it in the Bump group when pregnant 2 years ago. 
    All babies ended being just fine. 
    Try your best not to stress too much about it.
    Is it the NIPT bloodwork you haven't received results for still? 
  • Options
    I haven't heard of this or experienced this, but it's at least a little reassuring to hear that it's likely to resolve on its own. I definitely understand getting news like this and then being left to let your mind wander about it. Sending hugs and keeping my fingers crossed for you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant yes it is the NIPT. The results have been in for weeks. They problem was I had the test performed at rhe hospital I work at then sent to my doctor at a different hospital. They for some reason sent my results to medical records instead of to her office. 
  • Options
    I have not personally experienced it, but a good friend of mine did at her anatomy scan. Was completely gone at her next scan. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    thanks for all the positive feedback ladies. 
  • Options
    No help @AshleyGemini24 but I'm glad your doctor is being communicative and supportive.  Frustrating that your records were sent to the wrong place! I'm sure that will help provide some answers while you wait for the next scan.  Keep us updated!
  • Options
    We also found out at our anatomy scan that our baby has a small choroid plexus cyst on one side.. they said it’s very common and will resolve on its own. As an isolated finding, nothing to be concerned about. :)