Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 8.27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 
CD: 
WAYDTGKU: 
R/R: 
CS/Q:

Re: WTO Friday 8.27

• Options
    I feel like I’ve been first or last here recently lol. 

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: opk & bbt

R/R: this period is a lingerer and I’m over it. Hoping today is just some spotting and it’s done. 🤞🏼 Other than that not much going on. It’s hot but the pool is closed for the season so meh. I have work tomorrow and I’m anxious about that. Ugh. 

CS/Q: nada
  • Options
    fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited August 2021
    @paytonpedro blugh, lingering periods suck. How can they close the pool before Labor Day, what the heck?! It's stupid hot here too.

Month/Cycle: 10/10
    CD: 17
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him
    R/R: stupid hot today and my oven's been on for two hours baking cupcakes! With more baking tonight after class! This semester is going to be a good, but busy one, I think. At least I only have one class today, and we're finally gearing up for the party this weekend.
    CS/Q: discarded today's temp because I slept in til 11, which was lovely, but my bedroom was 73F by the time I got up so my temp was a tad high. :joy: Normally I'd think I ovulated, but I haven't gotten even a hint of a darkening OPK line, and I generally turn at least a 0.4 for my surge.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte because all the lifeguards are young kids still in school. 🙄
    Holy cow that is a high temp! I hate when I have to discard them so close to ovulation. But it happens. I hope it doesn’t interfere too much with your chart! What’s the party for this weekend? Cupcakes sound great right now but I’m definitely not heating up my house today! I did make applesauce on the stove this morning but it was before it got too warm out. 
  • Options
    lurkylurk. @fantasyflyte i am so, so, so jealous you can sleep in that late.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited August 2021
    @optimistgardener tbf, I was up waaay too late the night before :sweat_smile:
    @paytonpedro party info in spoiler with TW for someone else's pregnancy
    My sister's gender reveal is on Sunday, and I'm the Official Gender Keeper and am making a cake with candy and sprinkles inside for the reveal. We're also doing pink and blue cupcakes for people to choose which they think it is when it's time for the reveal. Consequently there are 6 dozen cupcakes at my house rn with a cake in the oven.

• Options
    @paytonpedro I can never figure out when to call it spotting versus period. Mine lingered for a good three days after true "flow".
    @fantasyflyte oh man I'm very jealous of that sleep in time. I've got some mild insomnia going on and my mornings are rough.
    Month/Cycle: 4/4
    CD: 12
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk
    R/R: I lost it at work today. I've been slowly crashing over the last few days and finally hit my limit and cried. I had someone yell at me that I don't care about the people on my team. I'll avoid details why but I was really hurt because I have no control over so much of what is making their lives difficult right now. They later apologized but it still just...man I'm struggling.
    And now for some positive news - my trainer said I'm ready to squat with a bar again! I have to start with a baby bar but nonetheless I'm excited. I hurt my back a series of times a few years ago and have since been going through this long sloooooow process of physical therapy and exercise to get back to using a bar. Huge fitness goal for me and I'm right on the cusp of hitting it!
    CS/Q: This is more a statement than a question but I can't believe how much time I spend analyzing bodily fluids right now. "Is this...creamy? Or sticky.......Should I even record this one?" What a time.
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte
    response in spoiler
    Wow that’s amazing!! I know I saw some of your cakes on here and I’d be interested to see this when it’s all done! You gonna spill the beans and tell me what colors on the inside? Lol

@pinkkillersheep when I don’t need a tampon anymore is when I call it. Idk if that’s right or wrong but I’m consistent with it and I think that’s all that matters. Same with spotting before af. All my apps have a “spotting” option, so I use it. 
    I’m so sorry for your tough day. It’s ok to cry and feel overwhelmed. I hope you’re taking care of yourself tonight, maybe a glass of wine and a bubble bath? 
    Congrats on your fitness goal!!! Back pain/ injuries are no fun and no joke! I have herniated discs, it happened about 7 years ago, that just recently started bothering me super bad again. I know pt would help so much but I just don’t have time for it. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I'm back in my MBA classes and don't have weekends until December :s BUT I'm feeling a little better post-breakdown and hopefully I'll be back at work on Monday ready to go. And I feel you on the back pain (obviously), bad days with back pain is debilitating. As far as I know I don't have any disc issues. My sisters are convinced we all have some version of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder, that (in my opinion) more or less results in the wrong muscle groups acting as prime movers. We've all attacked it in a different way; for me, PT has meant learning what it feels like using the right muscle groups and building up their strength so that I can correct the movement patterns. Highly recommend it when your schedule allows.
    @fantasyflyte
    I'm going to echo @paytonpedro's insistence on seeing the result of this baking extravaganza! It sounds super fun!
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep I have done pt in the past but definitely getting in there and being guided would be very helpful for me. That syndrome sounds tough to say the least. But I’m glad you’re learning how to manage it, or more, thrive and hit workout goals!!! with it!!