Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 8/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
TTC History
Me: 35 DH: 34
Married 07/2012
DD born 07/2014
DD2 born 10/2018
DS born 10/2022

IF history:
TTC #2 since January 2016
June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

Re: TWW Thursday 8/26

• Month/Cycle: 3AL

CD/DPO: 18/5-7

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: WFAF due to questionable O date

R/R: wtf is up with the bump app today? Feels like it changed again, and now when I try to reply to a post, the keyboard covers up the text box so I'm blindly typing away 🙄

CS/Q: nope
  • Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 30/2

Timing: -3 and -1, so good

Typical LP length: 10-11 days

Testing: 11 DPO (Saturday the 3rd)

R/R: Started school this week! (I teach college) Classrooms are full! That is definitely a Rave - hybrid sucks - but it was definitely a little weird having that many people in a room though, even though we all have on masks and school has a vaccinate-or-test policy

CS/Q: I haven't gotten crosshairs yet, but I'm switching over here anyway because I did see a temp shift (a small one, since we started waking up earlier a week ago when MH started teaching) and I'm so tired of WTO 
  • Loading the player...
  • @pajamstagrams I never use the app, it hates me. I just keep it open in a browser 
    @wisewitch222 oh gosh, good luck! I’m the advisory board chair for my sorority and I’m semi dreading the year starting again. Engagement has been soooo low due to virtual/hybrid

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD/DPO: 28

Timing: -3

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: hello, AF where are you? May have to take a test 

R/R: I feel so whiny lately, it’s hot, my shoulder still hurts. The state of the world makes me cry. Ugh. 

CS/Q: nada
  • @pajamstagrams I use it in the browser on mobile and that doesn't seem to work too bad

@anniemarie887 Right? Virtual/hybrid really is the worst. Masks are fine. I need human contact. As do most other humans. 
  • @pajamstagrams the app can be so crazy!

@wisewitch222 yay for full classrooms! 

@anniemarie887 the state of the world right now is getting to me too! Sending you virtual hugs.

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 25/0 (see below)

Timing: good

Typical LP length: unknown 

Testing: in 2 weeks 

R/R: beautiful weather means I’m basically spending all day outdoors, but I also caught a cold - boo!

CS/Q: I had another peak on my cheapies yesterday almost exactly 2 weeks after my first peak, and this one is coupled with other fertility signs, so I think today might actually be my o day! What a trip, I’m hanging out in tww for a whole month this cycle haha!

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: 0, +1

Typical LP length: 11-12

Testing: yesterday tested and a very faint line showed. Today all blanks. But we’ve been on vacation at my in-laws lake cabin. It’s rustic and we’ve had insane humidity and temperatures in the high 80s/low 90s. The house is not insulated. So the humidity affects EVERYTHING. all chips and crackers are soggy, it’s insane. So I’m uselessly hoping the tests have gone bad because they say humidity can affect them. I don’t know. Why get my hopes up this early on. 

R/R: i can’t remember if we’re allowed to mention any symptoms. So I’ll refrain. But my comment above about humidity and inconsistent results is frustrating. Two tests yesterday showed faint lines. Then today nothing on two tests again. I actually was starting to feel some hope. Also I’m not made for heat. We go back home on Saturday. I’m ready for central AC and our cold  cold cold House haha. 

CS/Q:
      Anniversary

• @wisewitch222 I can imagine how hard hybrid and virtual must have been. Even at college level. Poor freshmen not being able to have the typical move-in days and college days last fall. Hopefully this year goes better AND everyone follows safety measures too. 

@anniemarie887 I am so done with this damn heat! Part of me is glad we’re vacationing in the middle of Vermont where I get crappy signal so I don’t have enough to check news and all bad things. 
      Anniversary

• @pajamstagrams I've stopped using the app as much because it's super glitchy!

@wisewitch222 what classes do you teach? I can imagine going back fully in person must be weird after the past year.

@anniemarie887 I am ready for fall weather! It has been way too hot lately.

@agesandstages sorry you're not feeling well! Glad you figured out when O day was though, even if you're stuck here another two weeks.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 18/6

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: 14 dpo

R/R: I put up the thread this morning and then never even got a chance to post, my bad. Another day spent running myself ragged. Today I washed sheets, folded and put away all of the regular laundry, vacuumed the house, had a two hour class in person for work, and then had to go to a meeting. I've been exhausted all day and now I'm cranky thinking about all the schoolwork I still have to get done. I think I'm going to try and do some yoga and then go to bed early.

CS/Q: thoughts on exercise during the TWW?
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• @shortstack930 I think gentle exercise would be fine. Walking, maybe even light jogging, yoga, swimming. 
      Anniversary

• @shortstack930 I love to workout during the TWW. It helps me stay calm and when I choose an option like yoga, it helps me process my emotions too!
  • @shortstack930 I continue my usual weightlifting program in the TWW. I would only scale back/switch programs if I had a positive HPT, and even then it would be gradual. But do what you feel comfortable with! (Maybe no contact sports though...)

@hgsurvivor humidity is the worst. Our house's AC can't keep up with the outdoor humidity so our house is constantly over 60% (I think ideal is like 45%?)

@agesandstages 🤞🤞🤞 for you that's it's go (O) time! 

@anniemarie887 it's been super hot here recently as well 🥵 no desire to be outside at all!

@wisewitch222 yay for a temp shift! I've also noticed smaller ones recently, and I actually think my thermometer battery might be going bad..since it flashed at me with a low battery sign 😬
  • lurking from WTO…
    @shortstack930 best advice I’ve heard is to continue whatever you were doing before. I lift  with a personal trainer and see a physical therapist regularly, and they both assure me as long as you’re not out there trying to PR you’re ok. But of course you have to do what’s right for you.
  • I’ll echo @pinkkillersheep @Shortstack930. If you’ve been doing it all along, keep at it. It’s the same advice an OB should give you when you get pregnant as well. The old rules of don’t do xyz are well… old. 
    @hgsurvivor oh man I’m sorry the heat is nasty even in Vermont! I’m in Maryland, we’ve had air quality alerts like every day this week. So like @pajamstagrams zero desire to be outside. 
  • @agesandstages boo, summer colds are the worst

@hgsurvivor I'm sorry, I feel your pain on the humidity but I LOLed at the soggy chips

@shortstack930 I teach history, and it isn't *that* weird to teach the full classes since we were hybrid last year we still had "full" classrooms, it just felt like we were teaching smaller classes and this week we had to be like, oh wait, this is what a 30-person class looks like. 
  • @hgsurvivor @agesandstages @pajamstagrams @pinkkillersheep @anniemarie887 thanks for all the input! I usually just keep doing what I've been doing but I follow a fertility yoga instructor on youtube and in some of her videos she's said things like "don't do this routine if you're in the TWW" so I kind of took a pause since that was the first time I'd heard that.
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• @shortstack930 now I'm curious what moves she didn't like for the TWW...🤔
  • @pajamstagrams I think it was a lot of planks and core work in that yoga routine. I've noticed when she puts up videos for the TWW they tend to be more gentle yoga flows. I guess it's implantation related? But like you all said, if it's something you've been doing all along I see no reason to stop until a positive test.
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• @shortstack930

Gonna spoiler this because mild general PG talk
    Hmm seems strange still. I know ab/core work should be watched carefully  when pregnant, especially past 1st trimester due to coning of the abs as they separate and being mindful of the pelvic floor, but in the TWW that wouldn't be a concern. I suppose it doesn't hurt to be in that frame of mind though, to be mindful of your core and how it feels. 

• @pajamstagrams @anniemarie887

Yeah I definitely agree with you both. I exercised normally (jogging, yoga) throughout both of my last pregnancies but that was 3 years ago so I was like uhh has information changed?? It's been awhile since I last read TCOYF  :D
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history: