1st Trimester
Options

Would love Success stories after ominous first scan

Just had my supposed 8 week scan yesterday. Couldn't get a read with the handheld so had to wait for intrauterine. Was assuming there'd just be an empty sac, but indeed there was an embryo, but only measuring 6 wk 3 d with 85 heart rate. This didn't match up with our dated and my cycle, so multiple causes for concern and very high chance of loss. Physican noted an enlarged sac with debris? Three strikes going against this little jellybean... but no cramping or spotting so I'm hoping for a miracle. Obviously endlessly googling and scouring threads for success stories- not yielding a whole lot. Anyone else have truly disappointing initial scans and go on to have a healthy pregnancy? Thanks. 

Re: Would love Success stories after ominous first scan

• Options
    Just had my supposed 8 week scan yesterday. Couldn't get a read with the handheld so had to wait for intrauterine. Was assuming there'd just be an empty sac, but indeed there was an embryo, but only measuring 6 wk 3 d with 85 heart rate. This didn't match up with our dated and my cycle, so multiple causes for concern and very high chance of loss. Physican noted an enlarged sac with debris? Three strikes going against this little jellybean... but no cramping or spotting so I'm hoping for a miracle. Obviously endlessly googling and scouring threads for success stories- not yielding a whole lot. Anyone else have truly disappointing initial scans and go on to have a healthy pregnancy? Thanks. 
    Ok: do you know the exact day you ovulated? Temping? OPKs? Invetro? Are your cycles like clockwork? If not, it can throw things off a bit.  

Please do not be alarmed by not finding anything with the wand, as sometimes early or even a tilted uterus can make it difficult to find, so that why they use TV ultrasound during early pregnancy.  

When is your follow up? 
  • Options
    Hi! My cycles were pretty regular at 26-28 days for about a year post breastfeeding. We didn't struggle with our first and it happened on the first try with our second so I haven't done any of the testing- the doctor said the dates aren't totally out of out of range of possibility, but it would have meant I started testing positive with home hgc strips at 2 weeks pregnant. 

I guess I'm hoping that the dating was somehow 2 weeks off, and that the heartbeat was just starting and may have improved by my next scan. Midwife originally wanted to wait 11 days but bc the OB noted an enlarged sac with debris on the ultrasound she thinks moving it up makes sense, so I'm hoping to get in on Thursday. If I need to get a dnc I'd need the weekend to recover :(

I wish it was easier not to stress. It's all consuming and exhausting not knowing. Thanks for your reply. It means alot.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hi! I sadly don’t have any advice, but wanted to let you know you are not alone.

I went in for my first ultrasound on Monday where I should have been 10w3d. The tech said I was not measuring anywhere near that and alluded that the pregnancy was not viable.

My doctor gave me the ultrasound results and indicated that I may be having twins measuring around 6-8 weeks. They are not sure if I had a missed miscarriage and conceived again or if the twins were the original conception and not growing as they should.

I have to wait 2 more weeks to have another ultrasound to see what’s happening. I would love to know how your experience goes for you.

Wishing you all the best!
  • Options
    You can do it!!!