December 2021 Moms

Weekly check-in 8/15

How far along are you?: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are some of the top items on your bucket list?

Re: Weekly check-in 8/15

• Loading the player...
  • @pharmfam3 - yay babymoon! where are you headed? I want to plan a trip too, last time we went on a road trip up the coast of Maine but that doesn't seem like it will be as relaxing with a 5 year-old lol.

@JamieH2000 - I feel you on the covid anxiety. Every day I read the news and am just like why are we still moving forward with everything?! It's so scary to have to go to work (in a bar - thankfully we require prrof of vax but still. . .) and figure out how to send my youngest daughter to school safely. I am also masked up but every week this month someone we have been in contact (all vaccinated people) with has been diagnosed with covid and we have had to get tested constantly. It's been a real emotional drain.  :/
  • @bkjade I’m worried about covid too. Some of the surrounding counties where I live have reinstated mask mandates so I’m secretly hoping they do that for us too, even though I know a lot of people are pissed by it. It just seems like the best option if you can get and spread covid regardless of vaccination status, not to mention the honor system clearly isn’t working. Ugh. So stressful. 

@JamieH2000 thanks! Yea it is kind of a shock to the system because she’s been a super star sleeper since six weeks old. I think she started sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at that point, and then gradually increased to 12!! It was amazing. We were definitely spoiled. My main problem is I have a really hard time going back to sleep after these screaming wake-ups. Idk if it’s pregnancy insomnia or what! So weird. Anyways, I hope your appt goes well this week!! FX for the best news possible!

@pharmfam3 I feel ya on the weight gain. I’ve already gained 20 and only gained 20 total last pregnancy. 😳 Regarding birth classes, I didn’t do any with my first. Although I was fresh out of grad school where I did a lot of child development and such so I guess that helped. I probably won’t this time either because of covid, unless it’s virtual. We’ll see! 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited August 2021
    @prpl11butterfly oh no, molars are rough! I thought that was why my DD was having so much trouble too, but she went to the dentist last week and they said they weren’t coming in yet. Ughhh. We also got the bad news that she has a slight overbite so it was added pressure to take it away now. FX, but she’s sleeping for the second night without it completely right now. Hope we’re on the upswing! She didn’t do well with cold turkey, but cutting the tip off seemed to help her decide on her own that she didn’t want it! Just in case you have a strong-willed LO too haha. My girl is sassy and stubborn 🤣

Side note, in one of my July ‘19 mom groups they’re saying it’s the two year sleep regression. I didn’t realize that was a thing… so maybe that is it. Officially out of my area of expertise 😬

ETA - yay about the maternity pics!! What kinds of outfits did you pick out? I need inspiration for mine! 
  • @prpl11butterfly - gah same on the heartburn. I get heartburn from WATER wtf lol. I’m going to ask my doc on Thursday as well. 
  • @rgn12 my 2.5 year old DD also was having major sleep issues recently!  We started a sticker chart (if she doesn't fight at bedtime and stays in her own bed, she gets a sticker in the morning).  It seems to be working!

@bkjade (this is a reply to last week's comment lol) my OB doesn't do ultrasounds in their office!  The anatomy scans are all through MFM, which is crazy.  How has no one else complained about this before?  I spoke with my OB today and they are going to call MFM to try to figure out some sort of compromise.  All the MFM around here apparently bill the same way, I don't understand it but it's infuriating and so frustrating!

How far along are you?: 23+5

Upcoming appointments: had one today.  All seems OK.  Told my OB all about my MFM drama and the stress it is causing me, and she is going to speak with MFM and try to figure out some way to make it more manageable for me.  As of right now I am not going for a 2nd follow up anatomy scan to see if we can get better pics of baby's heart.  I hope it's the right choice.  There is a part of me that feels so guilty about not getting it done, though.

How are you feeling?:  Meh.  Uncomfortable.  Very pregnant.  Mentally I am on the covid anxiety train.  I heard today that the viral load with the delta variant is so high that now they worry it will be spread via contact with surfaces, and not just airborne particles.  This is freaking me out as I JUST stopped sanitizing my groceries and making my husband shower immediately after work...

Rants/Raves: see above :(

Questions:  what is everyone thinking is going to happen with hospitals requiring masks and visitation limits when we are having our babies?

GTKY: What are some of the top items on your bucket list?  I don't really have a bucket list per se, but I have always wanted to travel, specifically to Poland, France, Ireland, Scotland, and Australia. 

• How far along are you?: 24 weeks tomorrow

Upcoming appointments: Virtual visit Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Fat 🤣

Rants/Raves: Well got the news that my Mom now has another brain tumor after her first diagnosis a little over a year ago. Pretty numb at this point. If I seem MIA in the weeks coming up, this is why. I have a feeling this is going to be quite the ride. 

Questions: Not really.

GTKY: What are some of the top items on your bucket list? Would love to go back to Hawaii and Alaska.

• bkjadebkjade member
    edited August 2021
    @scaredunprepared - I’m glad to hear that your OB is going to discuss with your MFM, it’s prob nice to feel like someone is on your team! 

I haven't read anything new about the delta variant and transmissibility :s but since it is more transmissible in general, it makes sense that it would also be more transmissible on surfaces  :/ We never really stopped the incessant hand washing routines here with so many people around, disgusting subway poles, and other high touch surfaces, esp with a 5-year old who ALWAYS wants to touch her freaking face. Kids are so gross lol. 

I am so unsure where we will be re: delivery/masks/visitation here. I feel good about wearing a mask and not having any visitors though so I'm not really sweating it. Tbh, if my partner couldn't be present it would be fine with me, he didn't do anything last time except require that I wake him up before I had the baby lol, but I'm sure he would like to be there. 

@rpreston17 - I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Sending  <3 to you and your family. 
  • @scaredunprepared that’s a good idea, I might have to try that! I don’t want to jinx it, but she went to bed last night with no tears and slept the whole night! FX. So glad you’re OB is trying to help advocate for you!! We have similar issues here with imaging in general… I had a CT scan a few years ago and the nurse discreetly told me where to book it because of how they billed. I don’t think he was supposed to, but it made a big difference. Maybe your OB can help work something out like that! 

@rpreston17  I am so sorry about your mom. We’re all here for you ❤️

@prpl11butterfly thanks, they seem to think it could potentially fix itself. We’ll see. Super cute outfits!!! Love it! 

@melbel0824 glad the anatomy scan went well!! Hope everything goes well with your daughter. I had my adenoids removed when I was little too! 

• OB approved pepcid!! CVS stop on my way home from work has me all excited lol. They also said that when covid vax boosters are officially recommend (in the next few days she believes) they are going to push for pregnant patients and SOs to receive it. So while it may not be CDC recommend for pregnancy, my office will. 

When asked about CoVid restrictions at delivery, she said they never banned a support person. It still is just 1 support and they recommend having a back up in case of an exposure issue. They also do not currently allow visitors and do not see that changing by Dec. So the kids won't be able to visit baby at the hospital 😭. My son will not survive 3 days with me in the hospital, even vwirh video calls. I'll see how it goes, but I may have to push for early discharge.
  • @rpreston17 I am sorry to hear about your mom.  Take time for yourself to process and do what you need.  We are here for you. 

@rgn12 glad your daughter slept better last night!  I hope it continues!  I really hope the OB can work something out with  MFM otherwise I will come up with excuses to skip my appointments!  Feeling stuck between  a rock and a hard place is not easy :(
  • @bkjade Your comment totally got me. Kids are definitely gross. 🤣 
  • @scaredunprepared thank you!! Second night in a row!! Maybe we survived the paci weaning two year sleep regression??? Maybe?!? I don’t think I’ll feel confident until we get back on track for a few weeks haha

@misshelen86 thank you! So glad you’re less anxious, that is such a relief! Hope you’re vacation is fun! 
  • @bkjade - Hope you guys stay safe. It's so nerve wracking. My six year old just went back to school a couple days ago, and there is no mask mandate at the school or in our city. I'm still sending him with a mask and we still mask everywhere. Hoping it's enough to keep us from getting covid. I know this new variant is running rampant. RE infant CPR - does your hospital offer it? I know the NICU I used to work at offered it to all NICU parents. 

@rgn12 Ugh I hope the sleep gets better. My toddler has never slept regularly through the night and it's exhausting. 

@JamieH2000 - Hoping your appointment tomorrow goes as well as possible! I have two friends who have been traveling in an RV with their family. So crazy to me. I like the luxuries of a house haha. RE that study - I've seen a lot of things about it having a lot of limitations and not being peer reviewed yet. I'm hoping it was an outlier and the Pfizer is as effective as every other study is saying it is. That's the brand I got too. 

@prpl11butterfly yay for maternity pics! Those are some of my favorite pics from my last pregnancy and I regret not doing them with my first. Ours our booked in October. RE other kids and hospital stay - we were discharged at 48 hours after my csection with DS2, and it's not uncommon for vaginal deliveries to be discharged after 24 hours so hopefully you won't have to be away from home too long. 

@scaredunprepared - our local hospitals never stopped having patients/visitors wear masks, and just changed it back so each patient only gets one visitor in the hospital (thought it says birth partner and family member for L&D/PP so maybe you could get two). No kids under 12 allowed. I'm sad my boys won't get to meet baby in the hospital (we did fresh 48 pics with DS2 that included DS1 meeting him for the first time and that was so special). I'm hoping my photographer will come to our house and take some pics of the boys meeting baby.

@rpreston17 I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom is 56 and dealing with stage 4 lung cancer, so I can relate to that extra stress on top of life during a pandemic. Thinking of you. 

@melbel0824 I hope you are able to get DDs surgery scheduled soon. Even though it's not her fault I can understand how it's still frustrating. I hate constantly repeating myself.

@misshelen86 enjoy your vacay!

How far along are you?: 22w4d

Upcoming appointments: standard appointment next week 

How are you feeling?: Not bad. Sciatic pain is my biggest complaint. 

Rants/Raves: I'm at the same weight already as when I delivered both my boys. I need to clean up my eating and start being active again. I did my first non walking workout since April yesterday, but I also got my second covid shot so I'm achy today and taking it very easy. Hopefully I'll feel normal tomorrow. My goal is to gain only 5-10lbs more. We'll see. I love all the movement and kicks I'm feeling. I don't appreciate the bladder kicks that almost make me pee my pants, but I love the kicks that move my arm or hands because they're so strong. It's just the best. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are some of the top items on your bucket list? We want to see every national park in the US, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. We definitely want to go to Glacier National Park. 

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Like everyone else I'm also nervous about covid. In Eastern Canada it's still being taken pretty seriously and we still have a mask mandate. They also are pretty serious with vaccinations and I believe they just stated you need to be fully vaccinated to fly domestically. DS starts daycare in September though so that is a little nerve-wracking. Our numbers are really good right now though and we only have 25 active cases in the whole province. 

@JamieH2000 sending you all thr good vibes for your appointment today 💜

@scaredunprepared did you find the stickers helped your daughter with bedtime routine? Since moving, DS wants us to lay with him until he falls asleep so a 15 min bedroom routine has turned into an hour and normally I fall asleep with him which him instead of in my own bed. They just opened visitation back up in hospitals here so you can have 2 support people and then I think its 4 visitors. Again our cases are super low though and that will definitely change in the fall I think. I'm nervous they will shut down the borders to the provinces again and my mom won't be able to come out for the birth. 

@rpreston17 I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That's so incredibly tough. We are here for you if you need anything. ❤

@misshelen86 have fun during your time off. I'm also on vacation in Ontario visiting my parents. We are just at the cottage relaxing. It's been nice 😊

How far along are you?: 25w2d

Upcoming appointments: not until September 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling good physically. We are visiting my parents at their cottage so that's why I have been absent all week. We leave on Sunday which I'm dreading. DS has really become attached to grandma (and my whole family) and he has problems with saying goodbye so I'm really nervous for the planeride home. Emotionally I've been having a hard time. 

**TW**

My sister is 12 weeks pregnant and last year had a miscarriage. I myself also had a miscarriage in 2016. Until my visit back home, I was feeling completely fine and good with my anxiety. Since coming here though and spending the week with her, her anxiety is REALLY affecting me. She is so cautious about everything - for instance she won't drink out of or cook with plastic, she won't drink certain things (that are considered pregnancy safe like decaf coffee or tea) and she is constantly googling/asking me if she thinks she hurt the baby by doing something. Yesterday it's because we had a bonfire and she was nervous about the smoke. I'm trying to be sympathetic because I get it but I'm having a really hard time since I am also pregnant and originally wasn't worried about any of those things. I feel my baby everyday so I know she is fine but my anxiety is starting to increase like something will be wrong when she is born or worse. I'm not sure what to do at this point and there is a definite wedge happening between me and my sister. 

**end TW**

Questions: none

GTKY: What are some of the top items on your bucket list?

I feel like mine are lame lol. I don't really have a desire to travel at this point really. Maybe a nice vacation with DH at some point. I just want my family to be happy and healthy. 

• @kaitcrystalline - We try to go visit my partner’s family every couple of months and my youngest is also really attached to grandma. It’s v sweet but always results in a total meltdown when we leave and then takes DAYS for her to recover from “grandma mode”. I really try and focus on being thankful for our time together instead of the 💩 show but it’s exhausting. Sending easy travel vibes your way 💕

oh man, I’m sorry to hear about your sis, that sounds really hard. Hopefully as her pregnancy progresses she’ll feel more confident, and when you leave and have some space you’ll feel better too. I had a similar situation with my best friend and it also kind of drove a wedge between us. I had to eventually distance myself from her a bit for my own mental health since her anxiety was affecting me and I don’t think we ever fully recovered 🙁. As her sister can you talk to her about seeking help for her anxiety?
  • @bkjade thanks 💜 our whole family has tried to talk to her but she just keeps saying no on understands what she's going through which is also hard to hear. Anyways I think once I head back home it will be fine. 
  • A month long rash @brookert615 sounds terrible 😭, I’m glad you were able to record the experience for others in the future but still 👎  
  • @kaitcrystalline I hope adjusting back to being away from family isn't too hard on DS. I also hope your sister is able to have less anxiety as her pregnancy progresses. That sounds very intense (coming from someone who has had three losses).

@brookert615 I feel completely normal today so it was less than 24 hours of feeling achy which I'm so thankful for! I feel like I'm still going to be anxious about covid since I'm pregnant, my kids can't be vaccinated yet, and I worry about giving it to my mom if DS brings it home from school. I think we're very unlikely to get it from anywhere else. I'm sorry you had that reaction to the vaccine! I'm glad it's cleared up, you're all feeling better from the daycare bug, and your anatomy scan was good. I can't wait for my next u/s in 5 weeks to hopefully see everything looks great with baby. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @mockingjay1 I’m right there with you needing to clean up my eating! My goal is to try to eat more fruits/veggies and healthy foods rather than cutting anything out. And I agree the movements are the best feeling!! 

@kaitcrystalline Enjoy the rest of your time at the cottage! I’m sorry that your sister’s anxiety is getting to you.. that would make me really nervous to be around someone like that. 

@brookert615 Thanks! That sounds like an awful reaction to have.. glad you were able to report it. Happy to hear everything was good with your scan!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @brookert615- no way!! a month long rash from it?! I'm sorry. ugh

@kaitcrystalline- that sounds so complex with your sister. I'm sorry it has increased your anxiety. I would feel similar. I sure hope it goes away when you are home and have some space.
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited August 2021
    @kaitcrystalline that’s awesome you guys have it under control and more precautions in place. I feel like it’s the freakin’ wild west here with covid rampant and hospitals already reaching maximum capacity. I think the average wait time for the ER is 10+ hours in my area. Terrifying. 

@mockingjay1 same with sciatic pain 😭. and I am also the exact same weight I was at delivery with my daughter two years ago! I was shocked they didn’t say anything at my last OB appt 🤣

@brookert615  ugh that totally sucks about the rash after the vaccine… glad you were able to provide that feedback to them though! 

• @rgn12 ugh it is no fun. I deal with it not pregnant, but it's a lot worse pregnant. I started doing prenatal barre blend workouts this week that concentrate on appropriate core exercises, pelvic floor muscles, and glutes and legs which is supposed to help with sciatic pain so we'll see. I'm hoping to strengthen those muscles so I have an easier recovery and less pain during the rest of pregnancy. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses