January 2022 Moms
Options

Babymoon?

Are you planning on doing one? Where are you going?

For some reason, I really want a tropical beach vacation which is the opposite of any vacation I ever want to go on. BUT, I really don't want to fly and since we want to go later in the fall, I would have to since it'll be too cold in these parts to drive anywhere. 

So it looks like a staycation it is... booked a weekend at a really nice hotel that we've always admired and they also have a spa with a special pregnancy massage. Score!

Re: Babymoon?

• Options
    I think we're going to do a weekend in Carmel in maybe late September or early October. Summer lasts well into October here (not that I'm a summer person), but Carmel is a generally cooler place over here. For past babymoons we've done Europe and Hawaii, and yeah, it seems like stuff does ramp down for each subsequent kid, haha! But Covid - not looking to take a plane anywhere anytime soon. 

Staycation sounds great! Anything to get away from regular life and focus on relaxing. 
  • Options
    So I canceled our reservations at the fancy local hotel and we instead signed up for a Pack Up + Go road trip! It's a travel agency that plans all the details for you and the destination is a surprise right before you depart. They also do plane and train trips, as well as staycations. I've always wanted to do a trip like this, so no time like the present! We were able to say it was a babymoon and we wanted to focus on food and relaxation - I specifically requested a stop at a spa with a prenatal massage!

www.packupgo.com 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fifilala516 That sounds SO COOL, I've never heard of this! So what sort of parameters did you give them? Are you staying local-ish or are you going to travel a ways? And what a fun job to have - to take some sort of guidelines and then plan a complete itinerary for people and know it's all a surprise! 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 that sounds like such a good idea! 

I doubt we will have a baby moon. We don't live close to family at all, so no one to watch our son...and it's not a vacation if we have to parent the whole time, imo. 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 - what a cool idea!! I hope you have so much fun.

@Lisa3379 - oh Carmel is sooo nice!! When my family was visiting I took them there and to Folktale winery!  I was the DD of course but the food was amazing too! I’m sure you’ll have a blast.

I don’t think we will wind up doing anything.  I don’t want to fly and honestly just like being home anyways.  But maybe that will change in a few months if I start to get stir crazy.
  • Options
    @Lisa3379, there is an extensive questionnaire/checklist of things you like to do. They also ask for cities you've been to recently, as they don't want to repeat vacations you've taken. The road trip is option is anywhere from 3-6 hours to get to, and you have to have your own car (although they can help set you up with a rental for an extra fee). 

I think based on what I said we like to do, we may be going to Philadelphia. But I'll keep you all updated! We're going the end of October.
  • Options
    @fifilala516 That is awesome!! I may have to look into it...

We definitely want to go somewhere, but are totally stumped on what to do. Part of me wants to do something more adventurous (e.g., national park for hiking and scenery), but then also just lounging on a beach also sounds fantastic. 

Are you guys mostly not wanting to fly because of covid? We've flown a couple times since being vaccinated, but the way things are headed right now does make me nervous. 
  • Options
    @felix08 Yeah, I’m not flying because of Covid mostly. I’m vaccinated too, but my kids aren’t, so I’m trying to be as careful as possible. 
  • Options
    @felix08 Yeah, I am mainly not wanting to fly because of Covid. We're vaccinated but the Delta variant is scary.
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 @fifilala516 Makes total sense. I'm just so frustrated that we're back in this place where things are getting worse rather than better (when there is a free and widely available vaccination...come on, people). 
  • Options
    @felix08 And when some people are paying for fake vaccine cards when an actual vaccine is free??? What???
  • Options
    We are renting a cabin for a couple nights in October in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. We just moved to the state so I’m excited to see that area in the fall! Will be keeping the little trip pretty low key though. 
  • Options
    We took a trip week before last for our anniversary, I was 18 weeks at the time. It was also the first days off I have taken since pre-pandemic as I am a nurse. We went to Philadelphia as it is within driving distance. We will be flying for the first time since pre-COVID (my DH and I are fully vaccinated) when I am 26 weeks as my husband is a minister and will be baptizing his best friend's son. Other than that, no real babymoon plans.