April 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week of 8/16

fameonmain2fameonmain2 member
edited August 2021 in April 2022 Moms
How's everyone feeling about the weekly check in for everyone? Should we switch to due date weeks next week or keep it like this?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else?

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week of 8/16

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 4th/ 7 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: next appt is next Wednesday for another ultrasound and more bloodwork

How are you feeling?: so nauseated all the time. I’ve actually lost weight from lack of hunger/no longer having a nightly glass of wine/throwing up. But I have a serious Blump going on

Rants/Raves:  just excited to see baby again next week 

Questions: 

exploring some cool city in Europe or Asia or somewhere. I like experiencing different cultures
  • Options
    How's everyone feeling about the weekly check in for everyone? Should we switch to due date weeks next week or keep it like this?

I would vote to keep as is for now…we still are getting newcomers for the second half of the month (most new due dates are middle of April right now).

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5 weeks!

Upcoming Appointments: call with nurse on Friday, next beta draw Wed.

How are you feeling?: good mentally right now, got my first beta numbers and progesterone looking good. Need the second beta for doubling time etc. Physically, I am starting to feel pregnant, super tired, pee all the time, bouts of queasiness and hungrier than usual.

Rants/Raves: I found out I was pregnant a week ago! 

Questions: natm 

Beqch, beach, beach! I grew up on the beach and love going there every summer. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7+0

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound aug 25

How are you feeling?: I just feel kind of gross? It's not full nausea, at least not how I know it from motion sickness (I never get stomach issues if I'm ill with a virus or something), but I feel lightheaded and yucky if I don't eat constantly, but then I feel overfull and gross? And pickles take away the really gross taste in my mouth so I've eating a ton of those, but then I feel gross from all the salt. Like just makes me more aware of my pulse, if that makes sense. Idk. I didn't have any of these symptoms with DD.

Rants/Raves: I have a tower pilates class, and I loooove them!! I'm a little nervous because it's indoors and delta, but they require proof of vaccination and masks, so I think it'll be fine. It's never more than 8 people. DD has to get a covid test right after to qualify for her baked egg challenge on Friday.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Pool. 100% an extremely nice pool with a beautiful view - I don't eve particularly care what the view is of. Favorite place we've ever stayed was in Santorini, but at this point after not having traveled in more than a year and a half I'd take almost anything. We can't travel many places with DD, though, because of her allergies, so alas. 
  • Options
    AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited August 2021
    @fameonmain2 maybe we can keep it to everyone through the end of August and then switch to weekly /due dates in September? idk just a thought. I'll pretty much do whatever. 

@queenklau when is your second beta draw?

@doxiemoxie212 you just described how I've been feeling, I couldn't quite articulate it to DH. but the gross, and need to eating vs feeling gross. I'm going to use that description. Hope the baked egg challenge goes well. Remind me, she's allergic to dairy & eggs right and was there another? sesame or was it one of the other top 9? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/3, 7+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: had my first u/s today and everything looked good. got released from my RE and called my OB for my intake. My next appt is in 2 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: slight relief at seeing baby and hearing the heartbeat today. just dealing with the waves of nausea.

Rants/Raves: same old rant, super tired, and over these bruises from the injections, but got the good news today that I only have to do them through 10 weeks instead of 12 so thats nice. 

Questions: I know some people have already, but when are you telling family, friends, coworkers, employers? last time so many people knew when we did our transfer, so a lot of people knew at like 4+5, this time we decided we wanted to wait, but I don't know how long that will be. 

eta: i love the beach even in the winter, I just like the sound of the waves. If it is truly a vacation/getaway and not a "trip" I'm picking beach every time. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    How's everyone feeling about the weekly check in for everyone? Should we switch to due date weeks next week or keep it like this? I think it's fine as is! I'm still getting used to the board and I'm still learning.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6+2 (Edd 4/16)

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Just got mine scheduled! Aug 31 is my first ultrasound and labwork

How are you feeling?: I'm having the WORST time sleeping. My stomach has been upset, which I think has been a big part of the problem (finally felt normal yesterday) but can only seem to get 5-6 hours of sleep at night and wake up multiple times. I'm continuing to feel almost nauseous (if that makes sense) and my boobs are sore and I have slight cramping, or a feeling of fullness.

Rants/Raves: I just want to get a normal nights sleep for once...maybe this week! 

Questions: I'm trying to figure out the best time to tell my boss. It's just about to start travel season for my job where I visit a lot of mostly local schools and have to do a lot of heavy lifting. How concerned are you all about COVID-19? Have you told your work? When are you planning to? 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? My perfect getaway is Hawaii (I've been twice and can't wait to go again). But basically, I love to be anywhere there is water (and shade -- I burn easily!). And no cell phone service is a definite plus. 
  • Options
    @Avrilmai If all goes well on Wednesday we will tell our parents and maybe my SIL since we see her with my ILs at least weekly. At first I thought we would wait longer, but I know if, God forbid, something happens we will need their support. Two of my close friends already know, but that's because they guessed it this weekend when I wasn't drinking (I had told them we had been trying). Otherwise we'll be waiting for a bit to tell anyone else.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/11, 6+0

Upcoming Appointments: early u/s on Wednesday

How are you feeling?: I *think* nausea is starting to kick in. I had a wave the other night at the grocery store when we pushed off dinner super late and I was fighting it this morning during a tutoring session at Starbucks. I say I think because I am anxious and constantly questioning whether my symptoms are really symptoms. Hoping for a good u/s on Wed.

Rants/Raves: One of my close friends got married this past weekend and the wedding was just gorgeous. Also got to see all of my college friends so it was just a really lovely weekend. Next week we have a bridal shower and get to see a different set of college friends, so excited about that as well. The delta variant is making me nervous with all of these gatherings but just going to be as careful as I can and hope for the best.

Questions: natm

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Exploring a new place with MH. We are both history nerds and like @kiwi2628 love to learn about new cultures.
  • Options
    monstera13monstera13 member
    edited August 2021
    How's everyone feeling about the weekly check in for everyone? Should we switch to due date weeks next week or keep it like this? My vote is to keep it like this a little longer. There still aren't many people on the board yet. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 13th/ 5 weeks + 5 days

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound Aug 30th. That seems sooooo far away! 

How are you feeling?: Actually pretty good. Still no MS, and my breast soreness went away. I'm still peeing frequently and feel tired, but its almost worrying that there aren't any other symptoms yet. Has anyone else had symptoms go away already? 

Rants/Raves: Rave: We have several fun family nights planned with DS this week, including the splash pad tonight. I love seeing him happy. Rant: Freaking COVID. This Delta variant is pretty scary. 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? My perfect getaway would primarily involve just being away from people, far out in some wilderness with just my family. I'd love some type of body of water and to just be surrounded by trees and nature. And a drink in my hand (if I wasn't pregnant obvi). 

@jessabelle05I'll be telling work this week because they are taking us wine tasting for our last day. But it will be my last day at the job, so no worries about impacting anything. We plan to tell our families after the US and then do a social media post somewhere thereafter. My new job starts in mid-September, and I'll probably try to avoid telling them for another month or two and just hope my belly isn't obvious by then. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Almost 4 weeks, due very end of April (I only just found out!)

Upcoming Appointments: First one scheduled at 7 weeks

How are you feeling?: Tired, no appetite, hot flashes, and so clumsy. Having a lot of anxiety in these early pregnancy days. Anxious is my default, but I am off the charts right now. 

Rants/Raves: There is a COVID outbreak at our daycare, we’ve been home in isolation for a week waiting to get my 5yo DD tested… and she just tested positive this morning 😭. She is asymptomatic, which I am so so grateful for, but because we can’t really quarantine her from her little brother, it looks like we will ALL be home until September. This means she will miss out on the last weeks of pre-K, fun field trips, visits with grandparents, a birthday party, and her first ever salon appointment. She will be going to a different elementary than her friends, and she won’t be able to say goodbye to her friends and teachers. I feel so sad for her. So my rant is COVID SUCKS! 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? What’s a getaway? 😂
  • Options
    @monstera13 - I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about symptoms going away. My breasts weren't as sore today and had a brief moment of worry, but everything else seems about usual. And that makes sense about your job. Congrats on the new job btw! I have been applying for new jobs (within the same organization I currently work in) and am a little nervous about how the pregnancy situation could play out if I am hired for a new position. But I'll worry about that if/when it happens. 
  • Options
    I think the overall weekly check ins is fine while we've still got everyone joining. I don't feel strongly either way!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days
    : Apr 7th / 6W +5D
    (will likely have a scheduled c-section a few weeks prior due to high risk)

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM to DS who is turning 5 in 2 weeks 

Upcoming Appointments: First appt with MFM this Thursday. I'm both excited and nervous!

How are you feeling?: My boobs feel like they hurt more and more each day and my bra barely contains them anymore. Nausea has really hit the last couple of days. With my son the nausea came much later but also lasted longer ~9w-15w. Also so so so tired, but some of this could be jetlag since we just got back from Hawaii.

Rants/Raves: Had a wonderful time in Hawaii. It was super hot and humid which was hard to deal with when not feeling amazing. But overall had a good time! Coming back to work after being out is always painful though because I have to play catch up quite a bit.

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? As I get older I find that I'm turning more and more into my mom (esp with this answer :D ). I like anywhere that is in nature - beach, camping, by the river, etc. It always feels so calming and relieves all my stresses. We just got a camper this year and have really enjoyed it. Looking forward to a couple more camping trips before the season is over. Just hoping I'm not too sick to enjoy it.
  • Options
    @jessabelle05 I will probably be telling my work in a few weeks after I've told family. My immediate boss knows that we were going to start seeing the RE in Sept. I wanted him to know for schedule/appts sake and he's a big family man so I knew he would understand. He will be surprised to find out that I found out I was preggo about a week after I told him we were thinking about another kid.  :)
  • Options
    @Avrilmai yes, eggs, dairy and sesame. We can only food challenge eggs and dairy, though, because the proteins change form when cooked at a certain temperature for a certain length of time. Sesame is just allergic or not allergic lol. 
  • Options
    @Avrilmai we're just waiting for the ultrasound to be okay to tell DD and have a photo to show her, and then we're going to let her tell everyone else (my mom already knows because she's here every single day, but DH's parents and brothers all live across the country). I miscarried before DD, and we told everyone about the miscarriage but not the pregnancy, and that kind of sucked. I'd rather at least share some good news before any bad news. I do think DH will wait to tell his job, though. He just started his job July 15, and they give 4 months of parental leave, but I don't think he wants to wig anyone out too much about how soon after starting he'll take at least some of that (they let you break it up into two chunks if you want). 
  • Options
    @jessabelle05 very concerned about covid even though we're fully vaccinated. Our county is almost 80% vaccinated even including ineligible kids (86% fully vaccinated 12+, 93% partially vaccinated 12+), and delta is still spreading rapidly, and someone died recently who was fully vaccinated. That said, the bay area is extremely careful overall so masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status, and most offices are still asking everyone to work from home whenever possible. I wrote above I don't think DH will tell his job for a while, but if I were asked to go to an in-person office (I freelance from home), I wouldn't hesitate to tell them I'm uncomfortable because I'm pregnant.
  • Options
    @monstera13 with DD my only symptom was breast soreness, and it went away by now. I was convinced I had  MMC, but I was just lucky on the symptom front.  
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    I’m estimating April 24. So 4 weeks. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm 

Upcoming Appointments:
    I had my intake today. History updated and blood work and urine sample. Pretty nonevenfil. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good so far!

Rants/Raves: 
    im excite for H to come home this week so I can finally tell him! 

Questions: 

mountain or beach! I hate lakes! I love historical cities though as well

@queenklau I like an all in one checkin. But that’s just me. 

@maggiemadeit I’m so sorry about your daughter testing positive. 

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 4th/ 7 weeks (will be a scheduled C at the end of March though)

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM... have two sons (5 & 2)

Upcoming Appointments: One more week to go!

How are you feeling?: I've gotten waves of nausea but generally feel ok 

Rants/Raves: Excited Bachelor in Paradise starts tonight
    Freaked out because a child in another class at my son's daycare also contracted covid-- my son wasnt in contact so it's ok but makes me scared for next time-- the kids in the affected class need to quarantine for 10 days! I dont understand how people can work! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? My husband and I try to take a fall long weekend somewhere every year and it's what I look forward to most. We usually pick a nice, charming hotel in upstate ny, the poconos, or another place within 2-3 hours of nyc. Requirements are -- our room must have a fireplace, there has to be beautiful views with leaves that have changed colors and something halloween related that we can do (like a nearby haunted house). I just love a cozy escape in sweater weather!  
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    @jessabelle05 my immediate boss knows because we saw each other in the waiting room at the RE's office...good thing I had already kind of mentioned it to her or it would have been really awkward. I work in healthcare so covid is definitely a concern for me, but I think taking all of the mitigation measures (masking, distancing, vaccine) helps decrease that anxiety.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    How's everyone feeling about the weekly check in for everyone?
    I like it this way for now, but I'm okay with it either way.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 10, 6+2

Upcoming Appointments: September 9

How are you feeling?: The nausea hit me hard about 4 days ago. Which has been unfortunate because I usually pack my lunches the night before I go to work and it has been difficult to predict what I will be able to eat from minute to the next. I had a tiny bit of bleeding yesterday and I've been having sharp pains on and off the last couple days so that has me a little concerned.

Rants/Raves: I think it's a little bit funny but things my nausea doesn't want me to eat: vegetables, meats, pizza, sandwiches, peanut butter, sweet potato, anything I cooked in advance for my meals last week. Things I do want to eat: Jalapeños, onions, extra spicy Thai food, fruit and really greasy foods which generally make me feel sick outside of pregnancy.

Questions: I will save my questions for a how/when to announce thread.

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? A backpacking trip to any secluded forest. I did a portion of the Continental Divide Trail a few years ago and it was amazing. I always want to be out in the mountains.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I know what you mean about the general gross feeling. My midwife said it was due to the digestive system slowing down to try to gather more nutrients. She said eating about 3 chunks of fresh pineapple or papaya would make the feeling go away. Its seems worth a try. I bought a pineapple but I lost it? I haven't been able to find it since I brought it home so I can't tell you if it works or not.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 9 / 6 weeks + 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: First timer! 🥰

Upcoming Appointments: TODAY! I’m going in this afternoon and couldn’t be more excited and nervous!!!

How are you feeling?: Anxiety has been so much better. Right now my main symptoms are fatigue (sleeping 10+ hours on the weekends), horrid food aversions 🤢, mild nausea throughout the day triggered immediately by smells, super sore boobs, and continued bloating. 

Rants/Raves: How incredible is it that we’re growing ACTUAL humans inside our bodies????? Like WOW!!!!!

Also, I work at a hospital as an orthopedic hand therapist and just got out of a very concerning staff meeting. Our hospital is becoming overwhelmed past our limits with hospitalized covid patients. Our census of covid positive patients has skyrocketed, and we are now being encouraged to wear double masks with N95s and goggles or face shields. I just had a patient remove his mask today and proceed to cough, blow his nose, and then not pull us mask back until I reminded him. 😒 It makes me really nervous— whether it be covid or the flu I know pregnant women are more vulnerable in the first trimester, especially since getting a high fever can increase risk of birth defects. Stay safe out there mamas!❤️

Questions: Is your hubby or baby daddy coming with you to your appointments? All of them, or just a select few?

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Somewhere totally immersed in nature is for me! If there’s a beach and mountain combination for swimming, sunning, and hiking, that would be my ultimate. 😌
  • Options
    @dinomeetsjedi I love that you lost the pineapple. LOL

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @dinomeetsjedi I’ll have to try that! Also love that you can’t find the pineapple lol… same thing happened to me last week with a bow for a present. Came home with the wrapping paper, cards… but can’t find the bow anywhere. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  April 6 - 6+5

Upcoming Appointments:  August 30 is my first appt/ultrasound

How are you feeling?:  Eh, I don't know. Emotionally I've been really down lately, I'm just all in my head about the pregnancy since I had a loss last year.  Part of it is because I don't have any really strong symptoms so I don't have that to reassure me.  I still can't bring myself to tell family because I don't want the excited congratulations until I've seen a heartbeat.  Two weeks until my appointment.  

Rants/Raves:  Welp, my 20 year high school reunion is this weekend so there's that.  We're going up to Illinois for it and I am excited, and also dreading it.  I obviously won't be drinking, but since I don't keep up with these people (except a couple of them) on a day to day basis, no one should think much of it.  Then there's the mask situation- I'll be wearing mine, but being that this is going to be in the country of central Illinois, I wonder how much side eye I'll get.  Hopefully I'm over-thinking this.  I probably am.  It WILL be good to see my parents.

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else?  I want to go to a cabin in the mountains by a lake and just sit on a deck and read.  But I do love the beach too.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/16 5 weeks 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: 8/19 for a follow up regarding hcg draw

How are you feeling?: scared, my hcg is rising but not doubling. Over the last 6 days it’s gone from 330 to 404 to 423

Rants/Raves: can we quit with the nausea already?

Questions: none yet… waiting for a call from the nurse

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Definitely beach or camping, a lake would do
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I know what you mean about the general gross feeling. My midwife said it was due to the digestive system slowing down to try to gather more nutrients. She said eating about 3 chunks of fresh pineapple or papaya would make the feeling go away. Its seems worth a try. I bought a pineapple but I lost it? I haven't been able to find it since I brought it home so I can't tell you if it works or not.
    That could make sense since they have a high enzyme level. I've been taking metamucil pills (I find it way less gross than the drinks) and probiotics, and that does help, but doesn't take it away entirely. I've also been drinking these... it's that apple cider vinegar brand? But a drink with honey, lemon and ginger - it kind of tastes like a flavored lemonade, I like the taste, and I think it maybe helps a little? My daughter gets oral allergy syndrome to pineapples, so I'll have to see if I can find a papaya.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: (unofficially) 4/17 so I think 5 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!! First time pregnancy too

Upcoming Appointments: 9/8 for “informational” appointment with NP and 9/28 for my first ultrasound and visit with my doctor. I already posted about this in another thread but this def falls under a “rant” for me that I have to wait that long 😕

How are you feeling?: excited but anxious because my symptoms have sort of disappeared.. but I’m trying to stay positive and just enjoy this stage while I can. 

Rants/Raves: my husband is a resident physician at the only hospital in like an hour radius and he has to work the ICU in a month. We got covid last year because he was working the ICU and even though now we’re both vaccinated I feel nervous with cases going up again. Also just generally with no family or friends physically near us and him having a crappy schedule these next few months with night shifts and ICU it’s going to be lonely. However, I am happy to have this community to feel less alone!! 

Questions: none that I feel very compelled to ask here yet! 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Beach for sure!! A plus would be somewhere that also has cool museums/activities. I like a good mix of relaxation and adventure when on vacation
  • Options
    @fameonmain2, that’s great news!!! Congrats! I would suggest that those that have had early u/s start a threat. Mine is so long from now that I feel silly starting the convo.I’ll live vicariously through you all!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 8th, 6+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM - which seems crazy to even type!

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound and initial midwife appointment next week

How are you feeling?: So nauseated, all the time... like my last two, I don't see to actually throw up (yay?) but am constantly nauseated, and only get relief for an hour or two in the evening. I'm also finding myself being really irritated and short with my little ones, and then feeling crummy about it.

Rants/Raves: As I mentioned in the WTF thread, I have to go for a second dating ultrasound because the clinic insisted I could come in at 7+4 based on LMP, even though I told them it was extremely likely I wasn't that far along (I've never ovulated at CD14, plus still have irregular postpartum cycles) - and then the tech lectured me that my dates were off! On the plus side, this was a second time getting pregnant without really trying, which is a huge relief after struggling for a year and a half and doing medicated cycles for our first. I was so stressed thinking about going down that path again, and knowing that I wouldn't do the meds again, not knowing if the third would even happen.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like? Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Mountains! We love being able to escape to the mountains, and going offroading and hiking - used to include camping, but not with the little ones!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 29/ 4 +1

Upcoming Appointments: Not yet. I won't get an ultrasound until later. I might call Monday but likely it'll be mid October before I get in so no hurry here.

How are you feeling?: Crampy and bloated. My stomach has been weird.

Rants/Raves: I went back to work this week which I'm excited for but sad for. Finding a new routine that allows us to hang out with the kids will be hard. Turns out we have two people at work going on maternity/paternity leave besides me! I haven't told anyone yet, and mines later, but in a year with no subs and no long term subs, its gonna be hard.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your perfect getaway look like?
     Beach? Lake? Somewhere else? Lake or ocean with hiking. I'd love to rent a little lake cabin or beach cabin and boat/swim and hike for a week.