High-Risk Pregnancy

ICP - Pregnancy

Well I've been itching for a little over a week now. I'm 21 weeks.  Not terrible but just like random itches on my arms, elbows, legs, shoulders, etc. They are bearable but annoying. One of the girls in the facebook group I am in posted about ICP. I googled way to much about this and have completely freaked myself out. I called my triage nurse this morning and they very easily ordered a bile test.

I go in tomorrow morning for my blood draw and to say I'm absolutely terrified would be an understatement. I have extreme anxiety especially when I'm pregnant. I'm terrified of a diagnosis and something going wrong. Anyone else been diagnosed with ICP and know more about it and the statistics of the risks?

Re: ICP - Pregnancy

• Hi! I just had my ICP baby on January 1st. How did your bile acids turn out? ICP can be super stressful to have and the itching can really get in your head. There is a Facebook page you can join and there is a ton of information there. The positive thing is that with active management, the risks are significantly decreased. I had a great team of doctors which made a huge difference (compared to my first ICP pregnancy). I felt super supported and we ended up going with a 36 week induction date. They monitored me super closely up to that point and everything turned out wonderfully. If you have any specific questions about my experience, I would love to answer them! 
  • I’m about 13 weeks pregnant and have had terrible itching since about week 7-8 and it hasn’t stopped. It’s getting worse as the weeks go by and it happens A lot more at night time and I have it all over my body, including my eyes itch. I googled it when it started happening and I didn’t think it would happen to me because it was so soon into the pregnancy. I googled it recently and now I’m freaking out about it. Did any of you experience it before the 20 weeks of pregnancy?