1st Trimester

Dating ultrasound way off

I went in for my first ultrasound on Monday where I should have been 10w3d. The tech said I was not measuring anywhere near that and alluded that the pregnancy was not viable.

My doctor gave me the ultrasound results and indicated that I may be having twins measuring around 6-8 weeks. They are not sure if I had a missed miscarriage and conceived again or if the twins were the original conception and not growing as they should.

I have to wait 2 more weeks to have another ultrasound to see what’s happening. Has anyone had this happen and can you tell me how your experience transpired?

Re: Dating ultrasound way off

• I went in for my first ultrasound on Monday where I should have been 10w3d. The tech said I was not measuring anywhere near that and alluded that the pregnancy was not viable.

My doctor gave me the ultrasound results and indicated that I may be having twins measuring around 6-8 weeks. They are not sure if I had a missed miscarriage and conceived again or if the twins were the original conception and not growing as they should.

I have to wait 2 more weeks to have another ultrasound to see what’s happening. Has anyone had this happen and can you tell me how your experience transpired?
    How long has it been since your positive test?  Do you know when you ovulated?

There are a couple of scenarios where being so off could be perfectly fine.  With my first, I had no idea about a lot of things about conception and pregnancy.   I went by my last menstrual period.  With my first ultrasound I was off by 3 weeks. But I simply ovulated 3 weeks late that cycle, so the dates and everything worked out.  

I am sorry you are in limbo,  I have been there a few times and it is so stressful. 
  • My positive pregnancy test was on June 28 and confirmed with blood work and urine test on June 29th. My period seemed to be clockwork since I had my iud removed and I was tracking everything on my health app so that’s all I really have to go by.

My ultrasound was moved up to this Friday, so hopefully we will get some positive news then!

Thank you for your response, it really helps ease my nerves a bit!