November 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY - Next 10 Years

What are you looking forward to in the next 10 years?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: GTKY - Next 10 Years

• Options
    The end of the pandemic (seriously, if things haven't calmed down in 10 years, it probably never will), watching DS and baby sis grow and become their own distinctive human beings
  • Options
    Oh, I like this one! I look forward to establishing my career in Minneapolis, my kids meeting friends and doing fun stuff around the city and in school, to Jeff getting tenure(!!!), finding hobbies I enjoy by myself and with my family, and working on our home to be more eco-friendly and a place that we invest solid time and effort into so that we enjoy it for many more years to come!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Really just watch my boys grow! That’s all I got, the last 10 years was so crazy and unpredictable who knows what will happen next 😂 
  • Options
    I look forward to spend more quality family time with the kids and my husband. Establishing new family traditions, raising climate-conscious kids, who are contentment in life. It’s gonna be so fun being three girls now 😄
  • Options
    I totally want to take the kids to Disney (world or land, no preference) in the next 10 years! 
  • Options
    In the next 10 years, I am super excited to start building new and expanding on current family traditions.  We used to go on annual camping/float trips with all the cousins, aunts and uncles but that has stopped since politics ruined lots of families.   So I'm excited to start a new tradition where my siblings and myself are the aunts and uncles with all the baby cousins.  My little brother is due in Feb so they'll be particularly close. 
  • Options
    I barely know what I'm doing tomorrow 😅 but definitely excited for this pandemic to be over and to be able to have a decent visa situation to allow me and babe to travel freely! If this could happen in the next 12 months I would greatly appreciate it!! 
  • Options
    I’m really looking forward to the pandemic ending and finding a new normal, and then just enjoying my boys and family. This will be our last baby so I’m most just looking forward to not having to stress about being pregnant or getting pregnant. 
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing the kids grow up--my son should be starting Hebrew school this year and its so strange to think of setting him on the course to adulthood right now. I want to travel more and settle into a place and job long term. I'm excited to see how my husband and I keep growing up together because the past 14 years have been pretty excellent.
  • Options
    @sliztee heyyy H and I are also academics and live not too far from you (by midwest standards lol), I put off my tenure review (set for this fall) until next year, solidarity! 

In the next 10 years I'd love to be past the pandemic, like everyone else, to get tenure, and enjoy watching my boys grow up and become pals. I'm hoping we will get to travel as a family a good bit to see grandparents/family but also to see the world. We live in a tiny town, and DH and I grew up in a much more urban/cosmopolitan environment so I want to at least show some of that to my boys :)  
  • Options
    @eggsandwich2019 With COVID and Sadie being born, Jeff's tenure clock added 2 years, if he wishes to use it  :#
    Are you in MN? I can't remember.
  • Options
    @sliztee I was given the option to extend a year for covid, which I turned down, but then with this baby I was like "eh fuck it" and decided to take it anyway. My chair was very chill about all of it, she was like "whatever is least stressful for you, I am not concerned about your tenure case." I'm in IA but I won't give more info because it's too easy to figure out until we move to the private group lol 
  • Options
    freakymagoofreakymagoo member
    edited August 2021
    When my husband got tenure, it was like a giant cloud was lifted. Good luck to @eggsandwich2019  and @slitzeeyour partner in getting it!
  • Options
    When my husband got tenure, it was like a giant cloud was lifted. Good luck to @eggsandwich2019  and @slitzeeyour partner in getting it!
    Thank you! I’m not really worried about it, but I’m sure it will be a relief nonetheless 🙂
  • Options
    This could be us in 10 years. Never thought that riding in the passenger seat would be such a luxury! Of course without a kid in my lap.  At the moment I ride with the kid at the back who projectile pukes on me. Shewwww.. ride to the park requires 3 sets of clothes change for both of us!