January 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/9

Happy Monday everybody! I have a couple questions, both very different from each other, lol:

1. Anyone looking at buying/renting a Snoo? Anyone have experience with one? I'm thinking about maybe renting one (because this is most likely our last baby and we won't need it that long) but am a little reluctant in getting something that I have to transition the baby out of at some point. But people seem to be obsessed with it...

2. Anyone watching The Bachelorette?  :D

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/9

• I never heard of a Snoo and just looked it up...😳💸💸. I am not planning on getting one. We are just using the pack n play as a bassinet in our room the first few weeks. 

I'm also not watching the Bachelorette. I used to watch many seasons ago, but not in over a year. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Many people recommended the Snoo or at least renting one but I don’t know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah… I just don’t know. I need a new bassinet anyway - we used the Rock and Play with my first two kids and it worked well for us, but it’s been recalled. I figure if I’m going to spend $150-$200 on a Halo bassinet or something, maybe renting a Snoo for 3 months at $149 a month isn’t that bad? But then what happens when the baby moves to her crib that doesn’t do all the fancy soothing stuff? Ugh, decisions. 
  • @Lisa3379 I've had a few friends who had the hardest time transitioning out of the Snoo, so we chose not to get one for my first.  That being said, he was a terrible sleeper anyway until about 1😂
  • That’s my issue with the Snoo - the baby will get used to it and then once it’s time to move to the crib, it won’t be so easy. We are going to get a regular bassinet and the Hatch machine so at least we can move the machine into her room once we she graduates to the crib.
  • No snow here. Just a Moses bassinet for the beginning. 
    I'm interested in maybe getting a different bassinet that can be flush with the bed so it's easier to get baby in and out of, but I I taken the time to look. 
    Also not watching the Bachelorette. 

• We used the Fisher Price Soothing Motions bassinet for my first for probably 8 weeks.. It vibrates for a short period of time which was nice for laying him down and does have a sound machine/light projector that we never used.  I do not like how tall it is tho because I couldn't reach my hand in to pat him without the metal edge hurting when laying down in my bed.   I am not sure we will use it this time and might just go straight to the pack n play.
  • Yeah, I feel like I just want something to put the baby down in when we're elsewhere in the house (not in the bedroom). I'm pretty sure we're going to have her in her room to start, because that's what we did for our other kids (at least they were in their own room within the first week) and that worked for us. But there are times where we'd be up and nursing super early in the morning, but I didn't really want to put them in their own room, I kinda just wanted a place to put them while I passed out on the couch. So a Snoo seems like it's maybe too much. 

Anyway, the workers aren't here today! So the dogs can go in and out and I don't have to walk them. I'm cleaning out my kitchen cabinets this morning. It feels great to throw stuff away. I feel like I just need to purge this entire house of crap. 
  • Y’all. Anyone else just perpetually grouchy/one wrong statement away from being on an episode of Snapped?

Because I’m definitely over here being a jerk to my husband over text because he added that one more stress to my week that pushed me over the edge. 

Also bickering over text isn’t nearly as satisfying 
  • @MrsJessS big ol’ jerk over here. I snapped at my husband because I have to keep waking him up in the morning. I get up with the kids to get them ready for school, and all I ask is he’s out of the bedroom ready to help at 8 so I can get dressed and ready. He is physically incapable of doing so, evidently. I don’t ask for much around here. 

I’m also thinking about having Instacart deliver a few cases of Spindrift right now because I drink about 4 a day. It’s so bad. I mean, it’s not unhealthy bad, but why is regular water so boring? 
  • I’ve been looking at the Snoo also. We would just rent it because this is our last child. But I’d also love something at an angle. The rock n play worked so well with DS because he could be put back to sleep so quickly because his stomach didn’t have to be completely settled. So still not sure but it’s definitely a contender.
  • I was thinking about renting the Snoo too.  But I’ve also heard that babes either love or hate them.  I guess with renting it - I can just try it out.  
  • @Lisa3379 yessssss! I’m supposed to pick husband up. They had a 4 day window and conveniently I think they will be landing during one of my three appointments this week 🙄 but he’s not sure where. Or how long it’ll take to get from the plane to where I can pick him up. So. That’s super cool. And logically I know it’s all out of his control but that doesn’t stop me from being big mad 
  • shinyobjectsshinyobjects member
    edited August 2021
    We used the Halo bassinet with DD and I LOVED it, and we'll be using it again this time. I looked pretty hard at the snoo, but ultimately with reviews decided that the Halo did a lot of the same things I wanted, even if not AS well or intensely, without the complete "it's either amazing or terrible" element, and a much more manageable price tag. But if renting is an option, that could be a good way to go.

@Lisa3379 spindrift is so yummy!! I'm actually not a big fan of carbonated water, but love Spindrift. 

edit: clarity; typo
  • I am dying for a Spindrift!!!!
  • I ordered 5 cases yesterday 😂 it was the evening so the flavors were kinda picked over, but the fridge is stocked so I’m feeling good for a few days! 
  • No snoo here but we got a halo bassinet for free! 4th baby gets the nicest bassinet we’ve ever had. I’m excited.