Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Terrified of D&C

I’m 41 and 12 weeks pregnant and last Friday went for my ultrasound only to discover my baby had no heartbeat. It’s my second miscarriage. The first time I started bleeding and ended up at the ER for excessive bleeding though in the end it all ended up good. So this time I was too scared to go the natural route or medical abortion but I am also equally terrified of the surgery. My obgyn transferred me to the hospital’s one for the operation and I read the reviews of my new obgyn online which were either great or terrible. I’m scared of not being to conceive after. I guess I am looking for success ttc stories after d & c. My d&c is scheduled to later today.

Re: Terrified of D&C

• Options
    @lyeeria Well I'm not completely a success story, but I've had 5 MCs.  My first MC was a suspected molar PG, so I had a D&C for it.  Honestly, it was an easier process than my natural MCs.  The recovery was easier and better.  I was successful in conceiving 4 times after my D&C, even though I was never able to have a living child.  But none of that had to do with a botched D&C or anything. 

I'm very sorry for your losses.  RPL is hell. 
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    @stormageddon-darklordofall I am so sorry for your loss too. Thanks for sharing the experience, it does alleviate my fear a bit. Yes RPL is hell.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lyeeria I had a D&E in April 2020, had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in October, and am currently 19 weeks pregnant through IVF. We turned to IVF not because I thought we were having problems conceiving, per se, but I'm old (39) and we felt like time wasn't really on our side, so if insurance covered it, why not try? Anyway, I don't know if my experience helps you at all, but I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that your recovery process - physical and emotional - is a relatively smooth one. It's so hard. Take care of yourself :)