1st Trimester

When did you announce your pregnancy?

Hello everyone. 
I am currently a little over 11 weeks pregnant. I wanted to wait to announce when I reached my second trimester. Early on at week 6, I had a very heavy bleed, doctor believed it may be a miscarriage, but confirmed at that point it was a large sub chorionic hematoma right above the sac. Obviously my doctor prepared me for the worst, but here I am now, so far, so good. Praying it stays this way. Went in last week for my 10 week check up, there are tiny hematomas, but according to the nurse not large enough to even bother to measure. Doctor said everything looks great. But still here I am cautiously optimistic. We are celebrating my mother in laws birthday next week, I won’t even be 12 weeks yet, and my DH wants to announce. I don’t. I wanted to wait until I hit my second trimester. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. Anyone else on a similar boat? When did you announce?  

Re: When did you announce your pregnancy?

• TW: loss

I’ve announced at around 12 weeks for three of my pregnancies. The first two resulted in healthy babies, and the third resulted in a loss at 14 weeks. I did the whole Facebook thing, but didn’t post anything about the loss - I figured if people wondered about it, they’d ask themselves. I announced the loss to close family and friends. 

I’m currently almost 19 weeks, and have announced it to close family and friends I see in person, which isn’t too many people. Not doing a social media announcement for this one - I kinda think it’ll just be cool to post a pic of a baby all of a sudden, haha. 

I guess the bottom line is how comfortable you’ll be talking about a loss to folks if it happens (god forbid). It was actually helpful for me and my emotional healing to have family and friends know about it, but I guess that depends on your relationship with those people. I think that if I did plan to do a social media announce for this one, I’d wait until after the 20 week anatomy scan, just to be safe. But that’s just me. 
  • We told family and close friends right away - we were just coming off of a loss and luckily got pregnant again very quickly. Everyone close to us knew we were trying and were amazing when we had our loss, so we knew we'd need the support if it happened again.

I announced on social media at 14 weeks, after my NT scan and bloodwork came back normal. 

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • **TW - loss

We announced our 1st to family extremely early and everything worked out. We had two losses trying for our second, so we were a lot more cautious sharing. We told family around 11 weeks after two good Drs appointment and friends slowly after 12 weeks when we saw them. It’s really just what you’re comfortable with.
    Good luck!! 
  • Hello everyone. 
    I am currently a little over 11 weeks pregnant. I wanted to wait to announce when I reached my second trimester. Early on at week 6, I had a very heavy bleed, doctor believed it may be a miscarriage, but confirmed at that point it was a large sub chorionic hematoma right above the sac. Obviously my doctor prepared me for the worst, but here I am now, so far, so good. Praying it stays this way. Went in last week for my 10 week check up, there are tiny hematomas, but according to the nurse not large enough to even bother to measure. Doctor said everything looks great. But still here I am cautiously optimistic. We are celebrating my mother in laws birthday next week, I won’t even be 12 weeks yet, and my DH wants to announce. I don’t. I wanted to wait until I hit my second trimester. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. Anyone else on a similar boat? When did you announce?  
    We told close family at 7 weeks after our first ultrasound.
    I announced on FB and told my manager around 13 weeks after my NT scan. 
    It’s really just up to your comfort level. I would personally share with fam/friends if I had a loss so I didn’t really care when we announced. But it’s totally normal to wait...& nothing wrong with it.