TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 8.9

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 12/ 30+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: bike helmet

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: 2 weeks for ob visit/growth US

How are you feeling?: Good. My back is getting really stiff at night, so that makes middle of the night pees even more obnoxious, trying to get out of bed

Rants/Raves: my sisters sent me their baby girl hand me downs, so I finally got those put in her drawers....which feels exciting and a bit overwhelming πŸ˜… between the handme downs and my ds' gender neutral clothes, the drawers are full but I still have this desire to buy her new things πŸ˜‚

Questions:Β 

GTKY: got a bingo πŸ€—πŸ˜‚

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 31w5d!Β 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: weighs as much as a bottle of listerieneΒ 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTMΒ 

Upcoming appointments: this Thursday 8/12- 32w visit and tdap Β 

How are you feeling?: over it most days now. I’m seriously longing for the days when everything I do is not so physically difficult. I’m short of breath all the time, my back is killing me and I just feel overall big lol.Β 

Rants/Raves: rave: I think I officially have most things I β€œneed” now for baby besides the car seat which should be coming into the retailer this upcoming weekend I hope. The only things I need to do now are things like pack my bag, wash her clothes, etc.Β 

Rant: DH has been so hard to deal with lately. He just had wrist surgery, so I feel for him but if any of you know what I’m talking about, he’s revving up the complaining and whining to a whole new level. It’s difficult for me to keep my patience while I’m still pregnant as hell and not feeling great myself. He was so edgy the few days before his surgery, but wouldn’t admit it. πŸ™„ then while putting the baby dresser together he hit one piece in too hard out of frustration so I’ve had to submit for a replacement because there’s obvious cosmetic damage on one of the front panels. I’ve been waddling around our house doing so much for him, but I just don’t feel like he’s very appreciative when he’s constantly bitching about something- and it doesn’t even have to be his wrist. Bleh!Β 

Questions: when should I be worried about waking up on my back? I definitely think I’ve asked this before, but it happened again early this morning, and when I tossed myself back over to my left side, baby started kicking so much it almost seemed like she was flailing and then I get worried that she was being deprived of blood flow or somethingΒ 

GTKY: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β  10/23, 29 w 2days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: acorn squash

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm!

Upcoming appointments: aug 31

How are you feeling?: like I'm 29 weeks pregnant πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ also annoyed that we weren't able to do all this house work before I got so HUGE and uncomfortable.Β Β 

Rants/Raves: WERE LISTING OUR HOUSE THIS WEEKEND FINALLY! Somebody throw me a parade because I feel like I deserve it after MONTHS of non stop home reno/improvements to get this places in tip top shape.Β 

Questions: anyone else keep forgetting there's a baby on the way? I've done nothing to prep.Β  We'll be fine, right?

GTKY:Β  I think I would have hit a full card if this were my first pregnancy though. Pwople don't seem to inquire/ask as much about a 3rd child.Β 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 31+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of Sunny D bottle

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Upcoming appointments: growth scan and check up next week

How are you feeling?:still overall pretty good. I feel like baby girl is against my abdomen wall and is trying to stretch out more

Rants/Raves: Rave: my mom and MIL threw me a surprise baby shower on Saturday. I was trying to figure out for weeks how my family was getting me to my shower and I knew it was coming because of family buying off the registry. Last week was my dad's birthday. I was planning to take him out to dinner with my mom and DH. DH had to work on Saturday which is rare. So I told my mom that we would go out next week. My mom then freaked out and called my husband. He had no idea that the shower was planned for Saturday because both our moms thought the other told DH. So my moms cover was she is having a cookout and my brother was coming out from 3 hours away. Since DH was working it was decided for me to drive separately. Usually my mom would say you get here when you get here. So I figured it put real quickly when my shower was.

Questions: before my shower my cousins gave me a bunch of clothes. I have 6 month clothes that are for fall/winter and spring/summer. I know every baby is different but do babies usually follow their month to the size? Example if baby is 6 months do they fit in 6 months clothes? This may be a dumb question but I am also a FTM

GTKY:

• @jtayl962 not a dumb question! So I always separate 6 month clothes in the 3-6 month piles. Every kid is different though DS fit into most clothes per his age but he's tall so lots of baggy pants but ones that fit length wise. Some kids are just bigger or smaller. My cousin's youngest is only three months older than DH but he was in 2t sizing at 12 mos, so it just depends!
  • noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited August 2021
    @vampirina Yay, great job!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct. 12 / 30+6
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A large cabbage. Not to be confused with a small cabbage πŸ˜‰
    Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Growth scan next Monday. Curious to see how large a cabbage I should use for comparison
    How are you feeling?: I'm not really ready to have a newborn, but I am ready to not be pregnant anymore. My hands and feet are super sweaty and swollen, and I just feel unpleasantly huge. My belly button is starting to invert, which creeps me out a little.
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- My poor dog is still sick. I'm just desperate to get control of whatever is going on with her before this baby arrives so I can worry about her a little less.
    Rave -- DH and my anniversary was yesterday. Because of the dog thing, we didn't get to spend a weekend away like we wanted, but my mom and dad came over to dogsit so we could spend the day at a baseball game. The seats were good, it wasn't crowded at all, and one of the concession stands even had Budweiser Zero!
    Questions: What are some good items to "pad" my registry with? I'm pretty close to having what I need to get started, but the shower at my church is coming up. I don't mind if no one gets me anything, but in case people do want to use it, I feel like I should have stuff other than things that no one wants to buy, like gas drops and baby Tylenol. I put a nice, convertible high chair on but otherwise, I'm kind of drawing a blank on what I'll need in a few months that I can throw on there. What is appropriate winter wear for a 3-6 month old?
    GTKY: Maybe I should get out more. I just keep getting the same questions though

• @noprobalo I’ve been putting cute hat and mitten sets on mine! As well as those adorable little Velcro bootie sock things!Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 30w+3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of lettuce

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound Thursday, followup visit next week

How are you feeling?: Tired, large. I have to adjust my expectations when trying to squeeze past someone in a crowded area. πŸ˜…

Rants/Raves: The nesting bug has hit hard! I had a whole list of chores to take care of while my husband and daughter were out on Saturday, and I checked them all off the list! I felt so accomplished. Then I took a really nice nap on Sunday, haha.

Questions: πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ @n@noprobalo it'll probably be nice to have extra baby socks and leggings for the colder months, so I'd add some cute items there because people can't resist cute. Baby/toddler books for later, soft cloth books, baby mirror for the car, mittens, winter hats, baby leg warmers?

@jtayl962 I know this is annoying, but it really all depends on your baby: how big they end up being and what their proportions are!Β  My daughter was super small, so she lagged way behind in sizing--I think the dress she wore on her first birthday was sized 6 months! But I think it's meant to be the age up to and including the number after the previous size--so a four month old could be in 3-6 months and potentially in 6 month clothes.Β 

GTKY: no bingo here, all I've gotten (other than when are you due) are questions about the sex and whether we have a name picked out.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 28w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for 28w appointment and rhogam shot

How are you feeling?: 3rd trimester hit me like a wrecking ball. Everything hurts and sleep is getting harder. But the baby kicks get stronger and I can feel hiccups now, so the fun stuff still outweighs the bad πŸ₯°

Rants/Raves: I'm back to work today for the first time in over two weeks. This last round of illness was brutal and I hope DD and I are healthy for the foreseeable future! 🀞

Questions:Β 

@jtayl962, definitely baby-dependent. DD was teeny tiny until she hit 18 months and was always in smaller sizes than her age til then. Then she seemed to skip size 18 months and went right to 2T. Crazy!

@madiirosee, echoing what others said about sleeping on your back. Your body will wake you before anything bad happens. I know it's hard not to worry though ❀

GTKY: I definitely had all of these as a FTM. People have fewer comments to me this time around! So glad no one has touched me without permission this time!Β 

• @Vampina, YAY for listing the house!!! Congratulations! I hope it sells quickly!
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited August 2021
    @noprobalo, items to pad your registry: extra crib sheets or changing pad covers (we've gottenΒ  poo on the changing pad cover a couple times, and it helps to have a backup you can throw in while the first is in the wash). Fleece velcro booties (they stay on newborns much better than socks!). If you are nursing: a haakaa, nursing cover, and Medela storage bottles/cooler. If you live in a winter climate: hat/mittens, snow suit/hunting, and a car seat cover. They make big fancy car seat covers that are like sleeping bags, but I have a thin cotton Copper Pearl one I really like. It's stretchy and can double as a nursing cover or grocery cart cover, etc.Β 

Eta - if you will be a working mom/utilizing daycare, I recommend silicon bottle labels. Our daycare requires all bottles to be labeled with baby's name and the dateΒ 
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited August 2021
    @noprobalo others have suggested so many good ones! I definitely recommend requesting baby/toddler feeding supplies since you'll need a lot of it in a shortish span and it can be overwhelming.Β  Bibs, plays, sippu cups, etc. We like re-play, and I've heard great things about EZPZ. Also more advanced toys like sensory balls, soft blocks, board books, etc. I'd request clothes in 6-9 month sizes in addition to the 3-6 mo. No matter the season they'll always need onsies, pants, and sleepers so I tend to stick with those because its hard to know how your baby will grow! If they follow the sizing it'll be spring time for 6-9 months. I also really love the Aden and Anais muslin swaddled and muslin blankets.Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 27/28+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: clear landline phone. 🀣

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Growth scan, 32 week appointment, and birth plan appointment on August 30.Β 

How are you feeling?: mostly just tired, what’s new! 🀣

Rants/Raves: RANT: we weekly Randoms. It was a miserable weekend. RAVE: I get to work from home today? Nothing crazy exciting over here.Β 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: I’m genuinely surprised it’s only one bingo. 🀣

@madiirosee honestly, sleeping on my back is one of the only comfortable positions I have right now. Anytime I sleep in my side, my mid back hurts so much. I just make sure I’m propped up enough under my head and upper back and try to put a pillow under one hip just to keep me from being 100% flat.

@vampirina I’m some ways, 100%. Like, I know he’s coming, but can’t believe it’s happening in less than 3 months (probably within the next 2) and it’s fine, everything’s fine. πŸ™ˆ

@jtayl962 for my first, not even close. She wore NB for the first month, 0-3 months when she was 1 month, 3-6 months when she was 2 months, 6-9 months when she was 4 months, and 12 months when she was 7 months. This go around, I’m making sure I have short and long sleeve onesies on every size and we’ll worry about buy the pants or shorts when we are in that season.Β 

@noprobalo crib sheets, burp rags, changing table covers, wipes, nursing pads if you’re breastfeeding, safety things like plug covers and cabinet locks, postpartum stuff like a peri bottle and dermoplast, older feeding things like plates, table wear, and cups, BOOKS! Lol.

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 12 / 31w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ASPARAGUS! gross

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: 32 week appt Friday August 20

How are you feeling?: good!!! was super fatigued weeks 28-30 but I feel like i've got a second wind! I have been working out every day (walking/yoga/barre/soon to be swimming).

Rants/Raves: rant: invasion of the belly touchers has started. absolutely not!!!! raves: our nursery furniture was delivered Friday and I am SO EXCITED. My MIL and I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning everything, washed all the baby garments and organized the whole nursery/house. another Rave: WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! We will be staying in this one until April and then move in to the new one once the renovations are all done. I finally get my dream kitchen and a double vanity in my bathroom, YAHOO!

Questions: Anyone working with a doula?! I don't want one of the smart baby monitors (Nanit, Owlet, etc) but do want one with a camera that I can have a monitor plus have access on my phone and am looking at the Vtech, does anyone have experience with it or a similar kind I can look into?!

Sorry I've been MIA - I miss you gals!Β 

Bingo: I did not get a bingo, oddly enough LOL

• @mac-n-cheesy I hear you on the sister front - I have 2 of them and one is the absolute BEST. Planned my entire shower and it was everything I could have ever wanted. The other one is incredibly immature and selfish, we had a bit of a falling out a few months ago and she actually skipped out on helping with my shower and did not attend and went to Lollapalooza instead >:) so that was nice! It's super frustrating and straining on my mom but at this point I'm trying to make everything about me LOL and the baby. I'm so sorry your family has made that decision, especially at such a pivotal point in your life. I agree that pride can get the best of some people - they decide to show their true colors at the strangest times!Β 
  • @kateshepherd828 congrats on the house!
    thank you for your kind words about siblings. It feels good to know I’m not alone! Hey do you want to join the private group? We are all over there now! I’ll tag you in the thread!Β