October 2021 Moms

Re: August Symptoms

• The heartburn has started in full force. When I was packing for my girls trip I looked right at the Tums and said, I'll be fine I haven't had any heartburn yet. Well it started the night we got there and did not let up. Luckily, my friends had to go on a beer run and picked up tums for me!
  • Chafing. 😭 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm hungry all the freaking time. 
  • @pizzaplz Squirrel's Nut Butter
  • @galentine yes!! But it also take about 10 mins to make sure I get up in a way as not to twerk my back...then I waddle in like an old lady 😂
  • @galentine Haha that's me. But i usually complain.. I JUST PEE'D! 
  • Lightning crotch my friends. Why is this even a thing 😭😭😭
  • @galentine I ALMOST picked that meme for this month but was saving it for next month maybe? 🤣

I just don’t sleep well, at all. I’m constantly tossing and turning and can’t get comfortable ever. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @noprobalo haha, love the name! Is it much different from Vaseline? 
  • First episode of heartburn last week and was convinced I was dying. Um, hemorrhoids. Constant peeing. Constant back pain. Losing my energy. Chafing… just uncomfortable and miserable about 99.9% of the time. Is it freaking October yet?! 
  • @pizzaplz It's beeswax based (although there's a vegan formula too), so it's more solid and takes longer to rub off. And it's got cocoa butter in it so it smells like chocolate 🍫
  • I haven't had to deal with chafing, but I'll be 100% honest: every time I wear a dress, I wear gigantic maternity underwear that basically go from my boobs to my knees. So that's probably why 😂
  • bending is starting to get uncomfortable. I am short so my driver side seat has to be pretty close to the wheel for me to reach the pedals. Before I was pregnant I would adjust my seat everytime I got in and out. Now I can no longer adjust my seat because its uncomfortable to bend
  • @jtayl962 yes! And just trying to get up from sitting is getting really difficult! I don’t pick up dropped things anymore. They are a lost cause. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    TTC History

• Would a second cup of coffee be so terrible today? I can't sleep to save my life, DH snored like a buzzsaw last night, and I have to give a leadership brief today. Lord help me 😭
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited August 2021
    ETA so I just have one post in here. Anyone getting skin tags during this or a previous pregnancy? I have noticed them on my neck where they have never been before. I have a dermatologist appointment schedule for after baby is born, but I may ask my OB about them tomorrow. I hadn't realized this was a thing, if it is a thing.

@galentine I am so mad at myself, I completely forgot that I had the knee to boob maternity underwear that I got from last pregnancy and I haven't been wearing them at all...what is wrong with me!?!?

@noprobalo no, get that coffee girl.
  • @gingermama46 I've been getting skin tags for at least a couple of months! The ones on my neck 🤮 seem to be improving but I had one in my armpit that got so big and gross it got shaved off the other day.

@noprobalo I haven't been really limiting my coffee lately - I figure the baby is developed enough 🙃  The only thing is that much less makes me shaky now - not sure if its from being deprived for so long or another lovely pregnancy symptom.
  • @gingermama46 yep on the skin tags. It's so annoying but I get at least one every pregnancy 😩
  • @gingermama46 @demimondaine @kandb4 I  have one under my chin. I had no clue that could be a pregnancy symptom. I get 1 strain of hair under my chin all the time. I thought it was me from trying to pull the strain. 😮. I'll have to tell DH it's a pregnancy symptom.
  • @cait32 ahhh first 💩 the worst!
  • So I'm anemic again and my OB wants me on iron supplements. But I HATE them! I already take magnesium every day, but I feel so poopy all day long. Has anyone found relief? Are the slow release worse for this problem than the regular?
  • @demimondaine would a vegetable laxative be ok during pregnancy? Sorry to hear that ☹️
  • @madiirosee I'm not sure... I'm already going every hour or 2! With like the constant feeling of having to go. 
  • Woke up gasping for air unable to breath at 2am - scared myself and my husband. All due to heartburn :( other than that, hemorrhoid resolving (i think), still having hip pain. Taking colace daily -helps with the weird 💩 pattern that has been described above
  • @demimondaine oh gosh I read your post wrong sorry 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Doesn’t an iron supplement tend to constipate people? Or do I have it the other way around? 
  • @madiirosee I'm wondering if its constipating me but then the magnesium is making it come out in drips and drabs? It is SO ANNOYING!!
  • @demimondaine ugh that sounds awful I’m sorry 🥺 
    @tari_sara I’ve had hooooooorrible heartburn basically this entire pregnancy. 10mg of Pepcid every morning and night is literally the only thing that helps! 
  • @madiirosee I did end up taking a dulcolax and I do think it helped! 
  • I spoke too soon, I guess I just hadn't eaten anything yet 🙃 
  • Slept 10 hours last night….woke up, took DD to daycare, at breakfast, took another 1.5 hour nap. 👎🏼 Not sure if it’s pregnancy related or vaccine related but I’m exhausted could be both.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I def couldn't sleep enough after my vax!
  • @demimondaine does the iron make you nauseous? I took one iron supplement right at bedtime with a glass of orange juice last pregnancy for anemia and never had an upset stomach. I also tried to eat a heavy dinner that was lower in calcium, to make sure I had enough food in my stomach. They say gentle iron am and on can help with upset stomach but I didn’t want to take something twice a day. 
    TTC History

• @demimondaine iron can definitely cause constipation. 

This pregnancy literally all I can do at this point is laugh because I swear I have had every symptom in the book after gloating about how easy my first pregnancy was… karma is a real ass. 
  • @chindimples04 I usually take it right before bed, but I haven't been nauseous. Just feeling like I have to poop all day long. I have an appt tomorrow and between this and the shortness of breath (which I feel is worse when I'm on my thyroid meds), I want to ask my doctor so how bad is it if I just refuse to take all this stuff??

My new symptom today is that my left nipple is killing me. Like it got pierced?? WTF
  • @demimondaine oh! Usually iron does the opposite! Although magnesium DOES make you poop a ton. I used to drink a magnesium tea for my anxiety and I’d always have the runs for a while afterward! Eat more cheese? Lol. I know that’s not helpful. 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I have been taking the mag for leg cramps, it's just an added bonus now taking the iron. I think maybe the 2 things are at war inside of me! One holding on and one letting go  :D Thank god I work from home!
  • Each morning I wake up with intense calf and back thigh cramps so I’ve started magnesium.
    I have a little hemorrhoid friend that decided to pop out and say hello.
    I have literally peed myself at least 10 times in the past month and need to do some kegels ASAP.
    Oh the constipation! I struggle with this without being pregnant but with being pregnant and on Zofran around the clock it is bad. I take Colace and Miralax every day. I take a Senna laxative every other day or so. I’ve done a few enemas that have saved my life the last few months.
    My doctor prescribed iron for mild anemia and I literally laughed at him and told him “I’m sorry but there is not way I’m taking that. I go 3-12 days between bowel movements and I’m not taking it.”
    Some of the enemas are more productive than others and on a few that have worked well I’ve lost over 3 pounds within 45 minutes after administration. So much more information than you wanted!
  • @mac-n-cheesy ugh, poor thing!! Yes, adding iron to your mix sounds horrible for you 😅 I always love a good "cat stretch" in the morning...like full body stretch... forgetting that I'm pregnant and it will ALWAYS result in the horrible calf cramp/Charlie horse muscle twist. Hang in there!!
  • @mac-n-cheesy I feel you on all of that! I need to ask my doc about colace because I’m miserable. The roid situation.. also feel your pain, literally. I have a cream and tucks which don’t really do a darn thing. 

I am waiting my call with the results of my 3 hour and super nervous about it. I feel like I am so huge and everyone keeps making comments about how they think I’m due now and are shocked when I say October. Could they be off on my date or am I just really this huge and miserable already? I’m 29 weeks Friday.