January 2022 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 8/7 to 8/8

What's going on this weekend, ladies?

Monday is my dad's birthday, so we're having a get together tomorrow. My 4 year old volunteered us to make a carrot cake, which is exactly what we did last year for my dad's birthday. Kids have amazing memories sometimes. So that'll be our day-long project. I'm hoping it's not too smoky out here today so we could get a walk in later, too. Tomorrow the kids have swim lessons, and I told my husband that this time, he needs to get in the pool with the little guy. I've done swim lessons alone with the two boys twice in a few weeks now, and I could use a break. I'll still go, but my main role will just be watching the 4 year old's lesson. 

Re: Weekend Randoms 8/7 to 8/8

• Options
    Today is my husband's birthday, and I completely forgot until I woke up and saw people posting on his Facebook. 
    I'll pick up an ice cream cake later. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 carrot cake sounds yummy! And I don't blame you for trading out with your husband on swim lessons. 

@sarah_is_pregnant happy birthday to your husband! 

I just got done with a prenatal massage. It's been over a month since my last and it was so needed! Now it's home to pack for out family trip to Branson tomorrow. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 yum carrot cake! And yup, totally sounds like his turn!

@sarah_is_pregnant happy bday to him! And also 10/10 something I would do 😅

@magalina_h ooo a massage sounds so good. I told my husband I was getting one while he is home! 

We went to a parade and festival thing this morning and had a lot of fun. Little dude got a bit sunburnt because I apparently forgot sunscreen was important 🤦🏻‍♀️ Then he threw a maaaaaassive fit as we were leaving and the whole drive home. So that was fun. 
    Now I just really want a nap and a steak 
  • Options
    I’m actually going to a neighbors baby shower today and kind of dreading it.  She’s amazing but her husband is a mansplainer.  He likes to tell me all about future pregnancy symptoms to come.  Ugh! Other than that just doing little errands that have been lingering on my to do list.  I’m going back to work on 8/16 after over a year of unemployment so trying to savor every last minute of having completely free weekends and my last week of unemployment.  
  • Options
    @karenmarie9, mansplainers are the worst! My 73 year-old uncle, who has never had children, proceeded to tell me -- **TW** while I was going through a miscarriage -- that morning sickness is caused by a vitamin deficiency and once I am pregnant again, to take Vitamin B supplements. WTF?!

DH and I had a productive weekend. Laundry was done, we got some provisions for the week before we go on vacation this Thursday, and we made multiple trips to the store where we picked out a crib, dresser, stroller, glider, and car seat. Didn't purchase anything yet (our parents are graciously and generously helping us out) but it was nice to know that we decided on stuff. Huzzah! 

Also, we decided on a paint color for the walls in the baby room. Everything suddenly feels very real.
  • Options
    @fifilala516 Wow! You’ve been super productive! I’m curious what you picked out - feel free to share if you want to! I bought a new diaper bag yesterday and am super stoked on it. And where are you going on vacation? 
  • Options
    @lisa3379 We rented a house in the Finger Lakes in upstate NY with my in-laws for DH's birthday, which is this week. I've never been and it's supposed to be beautiful - full of lovely wineries, which I unfortunately won't be able to partake in. 

We decided on Pistachio for the nursery, which we will supplement with pale pinks. 

Crib and Dresser (we aren't going to get the chest, no need. I originally thought I wanted white furniture, but the beige seems much softer!)

Glider (in khaki) 

Stroller (All of my momma friends convinced me this was worth it, especially in the city. I don't think we need the Vista since we don't plan on having a second for a while - the Vista is also really bulky! I am undecided what color I want this in, but probably one of the grays).
  • Options
    @fifilala516 very nice! Love the paint color. I also originally wanted to go with white furniture but ultimately decided on gray for the same reason. I also agree on going with a high quality stroller in the city. So exciting! And I’ve heard the Finger Lakes are just beautiful, enjoy! Very jealous. 

Here’s the diaper bag I bought: https://minabaie.com/collections/backpacks/products/harper-midi-backpack?variant=37365237743768
    My old diaper bag broke so we were due, and it’s also been a few years since I bought a new handbag for myself, so I decided to splurge a bit. I chose Desert for the color. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 Love the diaper bag! So chic! 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 - oh my goodness!  I would not have been able to handle that level of mansplaining!! And congrats on a productive weekend! 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 - that is a gorg diaper bag!!! Love it!