November 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 8/8

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 8/8

• Loading the player...
  • @doodleoodle I can’t even fathom caring for three children while pregnant by myself for weeks/months on end. Kudos. 
  • sliztee said:
    @doodleoodle I can’t even fathom caring for three children while pregnant by myself for weeks/months on end. Kudos. 
    They’re all so little too 😭 I’m exhausted. I just want to cry. I feel like we’re never going to close on our house down there.
  • sliztee said:
    @doodleoodle I can’t even fathom caring for three children while pregnant by myself for weeks/months on end. Kudos. 
    They’re all so little too 😭 I’m exhausted. I just want to cry. I feel like we’re never going to close on our house down there.
    You are the embodiment of Super Mom… seriously. I can’t even imagine. I have so many pains right now and can’t even imagine taking care of 3 other Littles! 
  • @jackie_dunny no date.. hopefully the end of august or beginning of September. And I hear you on being uncomfortable. It’s going to be a LONG 3 months 
  • @freakymagoo good luck with your surgery!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of iceberg lettuce

Upcoming appointments: routine check up a week from Tuesday and glucose test 😬. Congrats on passing @doodleoodle !

How are you feeling?: Still annoying amounts of nasal congestion but otherwise completely over my cold. Pregnancy-wise doing ok. My hips at night have actually been feeling pretty good.

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? What'd I miss?

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+3
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe I think?

Upcoming appointments: in 3 weeks for glucose and TDAP

How are you feeling?: Great still (luckily)

Rants/Raves: I only have 2 more months of work for our fiscal year (bonus threshold cut off is Oct 1). I'm loosing stream, but can do 2 more months and will really appreciate bonus 🤞🏾

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? "What the hell happened?" Because I would never agree to that and would have to assume that I was like in a coma and had no choice 😂 I for one have never wanted to live forever either

@doodleoodle hopefully you get to move all together soon! That must be crazy tough

@freakymagoo I'm sorry if I missed this, but what's the surgery for?

@jenniferjoy37 congrats on the timing shift! I'm looking forward to redecorating during my leave too

@jackie_dunny thank goodness your midwives found nothing concerning!
  • @doodleoodle fingers crossed for a date soon then! In case no one is cheering you on IRL, we’re all your cheerleaders over here! And I know on the 3 months 😩 I think that’s what’s getting me down even more is that this is only the beginning and it’s probably going to get worse and then there will be a newborn to take care of so goodbye comfort 👋🏻 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @artsiefartsie IS THERE EVEN A PRESIDENT?! Texas seceded again? Yeah, that makes sense.
  • @sliztee 🤣🤣 right? 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27+3 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of lettuce (I feel like this is when these veg comparisons start getting pretty weird)

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test bright and early tomorrow, followed by my monthly appointment. Hoping to get a date for my c/s 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! My SI pain seems to have subsided, which is great. I think it's because I've been less active, honestly. 

Rants/Raves: so happy to be back in my own house after a couple of weeks visiting family on the west coast! 

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Where am I? 

• “Just like regular mucus, it’ll grow back”

things you’d never thought you’d hear or read about pregnancy. 🤣🤣🤣
  • @jackie_dunny I seem to lose some mucus plug every time DH and I have sex. Definitely was a bit unnerved by it the first couple times.
    @freakymagoo pregnancy bodies certainly are something else. I always think it's funny when people ask "How are you feeling?" Pretty sure you don't want the open and honest answer to that question.
  • @jackie_dunny yes, unfortunately pregnancy is the easy part. The postpartum body and hormones are rough, but the sweet little newborn snuggles are absolutely amazing. 
  • @mayoduck that makes me feel a lot better because DH and I had sex the night before it happened! Is that TMI? Sorry if it is lol 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle you aren't kidding. I am not an emotional person, even in pregnancy, those postpartum hormones did a number on me. I cried daily for a month straight. Still personally enjoyed the newborn phase over pregnancy.
  • @mayduck hormones aside even, the sleep deprivation… omg. People make cute little jokes when you’re pregnant with your first about enjoying your sleep now, but I didn’t get it. There’s a reason sleep deprivation is used as a method of torture. I’m sure it adds to what a basket case I am in the first few weeks postpartum.
  • @doodleoodle @mayoduck you aren’t selling it here guys 😭😂
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny @mayoduck @doodleoodle I was the exact opposite. So far *frantically knocks on wood 🤣* postpartum is much easier for me than pregnancy. I’m definitely still weepy and hormonal but I’m that way pregnant. I think it is the fact that after the baby is here I can tag someone else to help when I’m overwhelmed and go take an actual break, by myself. My body instantly felt like mine again once he was born, it was great lol

Postpartum definitely has a roller coaster of up and downs but it was much easier for me to mentally manage than pregnancy is. I do recommend working out a sleep plan with your husband so you can both get a chunk of sleep each night. Getting sleep will definitely make or break postpartum. DH and I each took half the night, and it really worked well for us. 
  • @jackie_dunny I think it's a good thing to go in with a certain level of nervousness; that means you won't neglect your child. THAT SAID, PPA/PPD is super fucking real, so it's good to have dialogue with friends (our group works), family members, and your doctor about how much nervousness is too much nervousness. 
  • I have to admit to being one of those annoying ladies who loves pregnancy and the PP phase (don't hate me, sorry! 🙈). The nurses were always surprised/laughing at how chipper and excited I was. I think that my hormone shift PP acted like an upper because I felt kind of high sometimes the first 2 weeks. I'm hoping it'll be similar with Baby 2, though I know each time will be different
  • @jackie_dunny definitely don't mean to be a downer. Like I said, even with the crazy hormone shift and delivery recovery (which for me was an unplanned c section after a long labor, so a more difficult recovery than most vaginal births or a c section without labor) I still preferred the postpartum days to being pregnant. Very much looking forward to it again! I think the hormone drop may have hit me harder than others also because I am NOT typically emotional so I was quite overwhelmed by the change.
    @doodleoodle YES the sleep deprivation! Mine was much better after I got home from the hospital though. I was lucky to be able to sleep in 2-hour shifts 4 times a day and feel pretty darn good.
  • This conversation is making me SO EXCITED for the cozy postpartum period where you don’t do anything for like 3 months, but snuggle lol I’m buying some cute sweats and slippers right now!
  • @doodleoodle @mayoduck I’m so excited too! It is such a perfect time of year to just stay in and snuggle. The pandemic makes the perfect excuse to keep people away or only invite a select few. We have already started planning very low key holidays this year, just us, and I’ve never looked forward to something more. ❤️❤️
  • mayoduck said:
    @doodleoodle Ahh! I love that! I totally want to make myself a postpartum pampering basket as a little present to myself for when we're all home again. Plus, Fall is just the perfect time for getting cozy.
    Great idea!! I think I’ll do the same- apple scented body wash/lotion, a fall scented candle, chai tea latte k cups, some face masks, a new nursing hoodie, steel cut oats, and coconut oil for my nips 😂😍
  • So much to catch up on in this thread! Wow! But I agree that @doodleoodle is a super woman looking after three kids, on her own, pregnant. I had a meltdown trying to make myself a bowl of cereal and dropping a spoon. Hot mess right here 😅

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Prairie Dog

Upcoming appointments: 26 week OB in 1.5 weeks

How are you feeling?: A bit shit. My mood is all over the place. Even though I got engaged and that was a high, I'm now down because I'm worried I don't have time to plan for a wedding, especially since we are considering a courthouse wedding pre baby. Work is stress and I'm desperately trying to keep up while being immensely uncomfortable. I'm just working myself into a place of stress. Also my partner is having a bad time at work and I'm trying my best to support but I tend to absorb that stress more these days.

Rants/Raves: I think I ranted enough but heartburn is a serious pain in the bum.

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? I'd probably be like WTF? Or can I have something to eat 🤣

• gingerale87gingerale87 member
    edited August 2021
    @jenharvey84 I had a Vegas wedding a few years ago and I don't regret it for a minute.  Cost us $500 and so stress free compared to the massive $30k productions. Though I am not beating up on the productions, they are beautiful! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cantelope

Upcoming appointments: Thursday

How are you feeling?: Emotional and I hate it.  My job rarely gets to me but we lost some kittens over the weekend and although I am absolutely aware and ok that not all kittens make it to cathood... I lost my shit for like 5 minutes about it.  Now I am up every few hours bottle feeding but I just hate breaking down at work.  Everyone gets all worried I can't handle my job, I feel vulnerable and it really is unlike me (typically I am very good at compartmentalizing).

Rants/Raves: See above

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?  How much interest did I build in my savings account? Am I rich now?! Also, did Florida sink?

• @jenharvey84 DH and I also eloped in a little chapel. They took care of everything but the dress and tux. We only had to book a few weeks out.,It was super tacky and so much fun.
  • @jenharvey84 Have you tried Omeprazole? I started taking it a week or so ago and haven't had any reflux since!
  • @doodleoodle @gingerale87 your little weddings sound perfect. I might do something similar and then a party next year for my friends and family to attend. Obviously depending on how open the world is.

@sliztee I've not tried it, but I'm happy to try anything! I'll give it a go!
  • My bump site has been doing some weird things and this thread just popped up today? Like @jenharvey84 so much to catch up on!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  24+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantelope

Upcoming appointments: 3ish weeks for glucose test and tdap, also have to have a repeat us to check on my borderline low placenta. I don't mind a chance to see our sweet girl again though.

How are you feeling?: Every part of my body hurts. I have been working out and on sunday's dh and I have been finding new placed to hike, but my knees are KILLING ME. Also my back, I have this weird sore spot on the bottom of the left side of my rib cage. I can't get comfortable at night, so insomnia has kicked back in. I did get the reflux under control with famotidine though. 

Rants/Raves: see above

Questions:

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Is covid over, how much of the world is actually left, or did we have a massive flood/drought etc that wiped us all out, are we now in a hands maid tale type of political situation?

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 + 0

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lettuce

Upcoming appointments: I think I have the glucose test and stuff in like a week.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I feel like this is the most boring pregnancy ever.

Rants/Raves: NA

Questions: NA

GTKY: What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Gee I don't know, which volcanoes erupted?