Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 8/3

• How far along are you?: 18w3d

Upcoming appointmentsAug 17 for the anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: Overall, really good! I'm having trouble with waking up multiple times a night - mostly because my hips are hurting and I need to switch positions.

Rants/Raves: No rants here! Rave- I've got a massage appointment this Saturday, and then Sunday we leave for Branson for a weeklong vacation!

Questions: Can't think of any right now

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? Casey Deidrick. He's on the CW's In the Dark. He was also in a romance book turned series that is 🔥🔥called Driven. Eons ago he was on Days of our Lives (but I don't find that phase of his attractive). Beyond looks, his voice is also so sexy. Plus he seems really chill and down to Earth.  

• How far along are you?: 17+5

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 8/24

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I still get totally wiped by mid-afternoon, but nausea is gone. 

Rants/Raves: I've got nothing! I'm seriously at a loss. I feel like I'm just kinda floating through life and every day is exactly the same. Here's a rant I guess: I feel like I can never get on top of all the crap I have to do around the house, but then again, here I am on the couch posting on The Bump. Oh, and I'm almost out of Spindrift. Yeah, I'm boring, haha. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush?  Anson Mount from Hell on Wheels. He's also in the latest Star Trek series, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm not really a Star Trek person. I also have a ridiculously silly crush on our current Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg  :D:D Yeah, he's gay and a total dork, but he's adorable and freaking brilliant. Oh, and Simu Liu from Kim's Convenience and the new Marvel movie. Pics in spoiler because they're huge, lol

• Loading the player...
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited August 2021
    @Lisa3379 I approve of all your crushes! 

I hear ya on the productivity. Selfishly, I'm thinking this is my last full week to lounge at home and be lazy, so I'm taking full advantage. I did at least get the kitchen cleaned up and plan to organize the shelves we relocated out of the nursery, then fold laundry. 

I don't know if my husband realizes how much he'll have to pick up when I'm back at work/hugely pregnant. He gets spoiled in the summer not having to do dishes or laundry at all (and I usually mow the lawn about 50-75% of the time so he doesn't have to do it when he gets home or on his weekend). 

• How far along are you?: 16w4d

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 8/31!

How are you feeling?: Not bad at all but this insomnia can go eff itself. It’s 4:26am and I’ve been up since 2:50.

Rants/Raves: I’m happy it’s my last week of work (even though I know I will be working over vacation, at least I don’t have to wake up early and can do my work on my own schedule). Rant: I went to an outdoor work party to celebrate a beloved colleague’s retirement and now I wish I would have been more careful. Again, it was outside and I know the majority of people there were vaccinated but now I’m anxious.

Questions: When did you guys start or plan to start your registry? 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? Seth MacFarlane, creator of “Family Guy.” I think he is sooo handsome and funny and wickedly talented (he can sing and draw, hello!!) I know it’s an unconventional choice but I’m an odd duck. I also love me some Chris Cuomo.

• How far along are you?:  17 weeks 4 days

Upcoming appointments: anomaly scan on 8/24 then a checkup with my doc

How are you feeling?: hungry but full at the same time! i want to snack all the time but at the same time i have someone taking up all this room and i get full fast.

Rants/Raves: 

rant: my husbands gone for work to Indianapolis till saturday and i have a boring work training tonight  

Tom Hardy!! ugh such a talented actor! The Warrior is when I fell in love but he’s great in anything.

and Dacre Montgomery but I find him way more attractive as Billy from Stranger Things

I also love Collin Farrel, Jason Mamoa, Henry Cavil (The Witcher 🤤) but also classics like Kevin Costner, Rob Lowe, John Stamos. Nerdy ones are David Spade & Jeff Goldblum 😆 I have a lot! 

• How far along are you?: Exactly 15 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments: Regular OB visit Friday August 13th and Maternal Fetal Medicine for Kidney Disease Monday August 16th

How are you feeling?:  Actually have been feeling really good besides picky eating habits no other issues.  This pregnancy is completely different from my first.

Rants/Raves: Raves; my DH got me a western wrap for breakfast and delivered it to me at work it was delicious.  Rants;  This contractor will not stop calling me no matter how many times I tell him not my town.  He's working my last nerve.

Questions: Is it just me or are any of you guys forgetting things right after they happen?  My husband called me the other day and after we hung up I literally called him back to ask him what we just talked about because I really couldn't remember to save my life.

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? Easy Gerard Butler! :p 

• @fifilala516 I started my registry a couple weeks ago, mostly just to keep a personal shopping list of things I like to buy later, and to remind me of all the stuff I might need. I figure it's good to start early to get a sense for what specific products I want so I can start looking for deals sooner rather than later. Or if I want to buy anything used, I can start looking around. And I'm going to have to second that mention of Chris Cuomo. I love watching Rachel Maddow every night, but I've been known to switch here and there to CNN to check out Chris  :D 

@laurabridget Yes to Kevin Costner! Have you watched Yellowstone? Great show, and Costner is pretty hot as a rancher  :D 

@lizzie_30 I think I've had pregnancy brain since my first pregnancy 5 years ago, lol. But yeah, I'm more of a space cadet for sure. 
  • How far along are you?: 15w2d

Upcoming appointments: 16 week OB appointment next week

How are you feeling?: overall feeling better than before. Not nearly as nauseous and not as tired. That said, I still don’t feel like I’m back to normal like I did with my DS. This pregnancy has been SO different. This pregnancy is a girl and I’m older so I didn’t expect it to be the same but didn’t think it was going to be quite this bad. 

Rants/Raves: Rave:I’m loving all the awesome fruit available right now. Rant: They should give you time off when you’re pregnant not just after delivery. Like a month or two of flex time to take off whenever you need.

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? A weird crush I had was Adam Scott in Parks and Rec. I don’t like him in anything else but I loved that show and Leslie and Ben were so cute.

@fifilala516 I just started putting together my registry. I’m using Amazon to keep track of all the things I plan to buy. We aren’t having a shower and plan on buying everything ourselves so it’s really just to be organized and take advantage of a completion discount if they offer one. We have absolutely nothing since DS is 8. 

• magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited August 2021
    @laurabridget, fun fact Jason Mamoa is from Iowa and his cousin went to school with my husband. My friend also is friends with Jason and dated him briefly when they were in college. 

@fifilala516 I started my registry with my first around 20 weeks or a little before. For this one, I started it early as I was going through our things and determining what we needed - more as a list for ourselves, not an actual registry. My SIL offered to throw me a sprinkle, but I recently declined due to feeling weird about asking people to buy us stuff. We don't really need much, and I figure those who want to get us gifts, will do it regardless of a shower. Plus many people in our family circle aren't vaccinated or mask wearers, and that makes me feel uneasy, especially for this fall. 
  • @magdalina.h my co-workers is from Iowa and his mom is best friends with Mamoa’s mom- they grew up together! 
  • What I learned from this thread is that Iowa evidently is a very small state, or the Momoa’s are very popular people 😄😉
  • rachel0428rachel0428 member
    edited August 2021

How far along are you?: 18w1d

Upcoming appointments: August 18th for the anatomy scan/ follow up.. it’s been a few weeks since my last one so I’m eagerly waiting for this!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good.. acid reflux is definitely kicking in so I’m trying to be mindful of certain food triggers. Also still lots of nighttime awakening and urinary frequency 

Rants/Raves: I got a prenatal massage today which was wonderful! Also my husband and I are currently doing long distance for the next month as we’re transitioning and moving to the East Coast. I visited him last week and it was really fun to show him the little bump and also brainstorm baby names. 

Questions: anyone have a UTI in pregnancy? Are symptoms pretty obvious? Prevention tips?

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? Dev Patel 😁

Yes to Gerard Butler and Tom Hardy!

Just started saving things on a Babylist registry.. it’s private for now so using it to save ideas. Sounds like my aunt is planning on hosting a shower in October- we’ll see how things go this fall w the pandemic but I think nearly everyone will be vaccinated so hopefully will work out. 

• How far along are you?: 18 weeks tomorrow 

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on August 30th

How are you feeling?: still struggling with insomnia but other than that pretty good. 

Rants/Raves: I can’t wait to go on vacation in a few weeks, but as soon as we get back I go back to school/work so I’m hoping it doesn’t get here too quickly. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Questions: Those who have taken Unisom, does it make you groggy in the morning? 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush?  @magalina_h I like the guy from In the Dark too. He reminds me of Ben Hollingsworth who plays Brady on Virgin River. He’s pretty cute too. My favorite celebrity crush is Milo Ventimiglia going back to his days as Jess on the Gilmore girls. Of course I love him on This is Us too! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @lizzie_30 I can’t remember anything right now. It’s terrible! 

@rachel0428 I seem to get UTI’s too when I’m pregnant and maybe even when I’m not but I never have symptoms. It comes up when they check my urine. I don’t have any prevention tips but I might ask my doctor next time I go in. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rachel0428 I used to get UTIs pretty frequently. For me, symptoms are very obvious- sharp pain when urinating and strong frequency urges with minimal output. I have to get on antibiotics asap when I feel any symptoms or it becomes unbearably painful. I also always ask for Diflucan because uti meds give me yeast infections. 

Best prevention for me is bathroom immediately after sex, no exceptions. 
  • Im a little late to this party but I have also started a registry just as a list of ideas. I plan on editing it before we actually invite people to a baby shower though (it has become a dumping ground for like everything. First time mom problems!)

How far along are you?: 16w exactly 

Upcoming appointments: At week 20

How are you feeling?: Sleep deprived. I've had such trouble sleeping for the last few nights 😩.  This pregnancy insomnia is legit. 

Rants/Raves: rave - got a pregnancy pillow to help with the sleep issue. Seems to help so far! Rant - the closest pool to me is closed for some reason and all I want to do is swim 😭

Questions: none

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? You all might think this a weird pick... but my celebrity crush is Mark Ruffalo 🙈

• How far along are you?: 15+4

Upcoming appointments: not until the end of the month

How are you feeling?: energy has mostly returned to normal. My allergies have been AWFUL. Sad to say, but I'm looking forward to the cooler weather when everything outside dies. 

Rants/Raves: it's been 2 weeks since I had blood drawn for the NIPT and I'm starting to get annoyed. Hanging in limbo is....some BS. 

Questions: how long did everyone else wait for their NIPT results?

Hmmmmm. Brad Pitt circa early 90s, Jason Momoa.

• @sarah_is_pregnant, I waited 6 days for the NIPT. Blood draw on a Tues, results emailed to me Mon afternoon. 
  • @sarah_is_pregnant I waited a little over a week for the NIPT results - had blood drawn on Monday and got them the following Wednesday morning. I would inquire if it's been over 2 weeks!
  • @sarah_is_pregnant I had blood drawn on a Friday and got results the next Friday 
  • @sarah_is_pregnant I'm currently still waiting for my NIPT results and had my blood drawn Monday 7/26.  I'm losing my mind waiting.
  • @sarah_is_pregnant mine took 5 days and that included a holiday weekend. 
  • @magalina_h
    @fifilala516
    @elksamm
    @beckylookatherbump

You guys got your so fast!! Maybe it's because I in Canada? Wtffffffff. I had the blood drawn July 22. I called the Dr yesterday am and the receptionist said there was nothing there. 
    @lizzie_30 oh my goodness! Yaaaaay a boy! So glad you called and got your results!
  • @lizzie_30 - congrats on a boy!!!! Welcome to team blue!

I don’t feel like retyping all the questions so here is my abridged GTKY version

I am 16 weeks today and next appt is next Thursday for a regular OB check in.

I am feeling ok.   Just tired from insomnia like others have mentioned.  Definitely have not gotten that second trimester burst of energy.

rants/raves- nothing really.  Pretty content overall.  

Questions - does anyone do the at home heart Doppler?  I haven’t bought one but am wondering if that would bring some peace of mind between appts.  

Celebrity crush- I don’t have a main one but pretty much like all of the action movie stars. I like big muscles. 
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited August 2021
    @karenmarie9 I was definitely thinking about getting a home doppler but my doctor actually recommended not getting one because we don’t know what we’re listening for and it can cause more anxiety. I’ve also read the opposite, that sometimes it can cause a false sense of security into thinking that everything is ok. Also I’m not sure the increased sound waves are that great for baby. Just my two cents 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • @fifilala516 - those are my exact concerns as well.  My husband read it could be as for baby if you use it too often and we don’t know what we’re doing.   Ok I will just try and be more patient bt appointments.  It’s so hard!!! 
  • How far along are you?: 18w 1d 

Upcoming appointments: Monthly on the 23rd and 20 week anatomy scan on the 25th

How are you feeling?:  Kinda moody!  My body feels like it's changed a lot in the past couple of weeks.  I don't know if I look huge, but I FEEL huge and it's making me a little self-conscious and insecure.  Stuff is starting to ache and hurt a bit more and it's becoming harder to perform physical activities, like strenuous hikes.  I feel like I'm heading into that disabled part of pregnancy that I really wasn't looking forward to.

Rants/Raves:  Rant:  I want a pre-made Italian sandwich from Raley's (grocery store) so bad I could cry.      Rave: The Belly Bandit Upsie Belly support brace is a game changer for running.  It totally stops the sloshing and bouncing!

Questions:  Does anyone else groan when they get up or sit down, or is it just me because I'm old?

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush?  Luke Perry, until he died!  :(

• Oh hi. I kinda went missing. Life and anxiety got overwhelming and I just totally checked out. 

How far along are you?: 18w

Upcoming appointments: next week then anatomy scan the following week

How are you feeling?: tired, nauseated (still), heartburn, and anxiety through the roof  so not awesome 😅 

Rants/Raves: hubs gets home soon. I am counting down the days and it’s nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve been staying with my mom for a few weeks because I just could not deal with solo parenting anymore. It has still been a lot and just very overwhelming. Oh and we canceled our nice relaxing beach vacation and booked a trip to Disney World instead. So not so much relaxing but I’m looking forward to it. I also am 99.9% sure I felt a real kick today which is easing my anxiety a bit. 

Questions: do we find out gender at anatomy scan or get it in an envelope and wait until Disney World to find out?! I worry that I’ll forever doubt the gender if I don’t see it for myself lol

GTKY: Who is your celebrity crush? Scarlet Johansson...and Blake Lively... and also Chris Pine. 

@owly13 I’m definitely also groaning 🙋🏻‍♀️

@lizzie_30 I cannot remember anything ever 

• @MrsJessS you should be able to see the sex at the anatomy scan! Or at least the tech can point it out to you, haha
  • @lisa3379 oh definitely. That’s how we found out with the first two. I’m just thinking if I don’t see it then and do the envelope surprise later option I may not believe it unless they also include verrrry convincing pics 
  • @MrsJessS ahhhhhh I see what you were saying there 😂
  • @sarah_is_pregnant glad you finally got results and that it came back low risk! 
  • @sarah_is_pregnant wonderful news! Glad you can rest easier now 🙂