Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW 7/31 - 8/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:
CD/DPO:
Timing:
Typical LP length:
Testing:
R/R:
CS/Q:

Re: TWW 7/31 - 8/1

• Options
    edited August 2021
    *lurking hard*
    y'all, i'm not really eligible to be either TWW or WTO since I'm on BC right now, but I feel like I should pretend to be on my TWW, just to liven things up around here. Anyway, I am psychically in something of a TWW wait with waiting for PGT-A results, so:
    Month/Cycle: umpteen-thousand/umpteen-thousand+1
    CD/DPO: 12 days past blast freeze (CD 7 in real life but who's counting)
    Timing: exquisite
    Typical LP length: 15 days
    Testing: the most expensive tests, ever
    R/R: it's 100 degrees here today and everything is gross / but my tomatoes love it. they're beginning to come ripe and i feel like by next week or so i'm going to be drowning in tomatoes.
    CS/Q: uncharted waters here.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener you're so very welcome here, it's so lonely this week!!

It's been hot AF where I live too this week 🥵. Heat index in the high 100s. But my plants do not love it lol.

Month/Cycle: 2 AL
    CD/DPO: 18/5
    Timing: nope
    Typical LP length: 13-14
    Testing: nope
    R/R: it's fruit fly season in our house. Just when you think you've got them all, your brand new trap gets 20 more 🙄 I don't even see them anymore, where are they coming from???
    CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams i always have a terrible fruit fly problem. they move into my kitchen compost bin (even when it's covered!) in the early summer and that's basically the end of things. we've learned to (grumpily) coexist.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited August 2021
    @optimistgardener hooray for tomatoes! Thats definitely one positive for hot/dry weather is a happening garden! Its been cool and rainy here so only our squash and corn are doing well so far 

@pajamstagrams fruit flies are the worst! Whenever I see one, I am convinced that there are at least 49 more bopping around. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: ok/good

Typical LP length: 9-10

Testing: not yet

R/R: H seems a little more receptive to TTC lately, so that feels good. Its been soooo cool, cloudy and rainy the past month that it feels like fall already. I like it but its also triggering memories about being in my home town last fall, and I miss it/wish we could have made it work. Im also feeling down because my parents cancelled their trip to see us. I haven’t seen them in 4 years and they have had two week long visits to see my sister and her family so far this year. The two things combined has me mourning not having any connection to my early life anymore. But im going to try to reach out to other family and childhood friends, even if only for the virtual connection. 

Eta: my covid test was negative!

CS/Q:
  • Options
    @optimistgardener the most expensive tests ever 😂 FACT.

@pajamstagrams ugh hooooot. We've cooled down for 2 days then we're back in the 80s for at least another week. I'm ready for fall haha

@mamanbebe sorry you can't see your family. Virtual connection is always good

Month/Cycle: 50/9 AL
    CD/DPO: 17/1
    Timing: -3, -1, 0
    Typical LP length: 12 days
    Testing: next weekend
    R/R: had DH's birthday dinner last night. Burgers and corn was sooooo good after having very little to eat earlier in the day. DH got a new grill from his parents so I'm excited to have something of quality! Not that I'd ever be the one to grill haha.
    CS/Q: I'm worried this is almost too textbook but I'll take it

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: not currently ovulating I think 

CD/DPO: 43

Timing: good

Typical LP length: unknown 

Testing: BFNs through 16 DPO, now just waiting for AF

R/R: at this point, pretty sure I didn’t ovulate this cycle. Literally decided right now that I’m going to start a whole30 today (happy august?) to see if that helps my cycle return

Last month, after not having a period for 18 months after my first kiddo was born,  I started a whole30 and AF started week after I started it. Then, I figured the job was done and went back to eating (and drinking) as usual, but I don’t think I actually ovulated. Hoping that if I stick to a whole30 this time, I could get my period and ovulate. 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener any recipes in mind with all those tomatoes?

@pajamstagrams fruit flies! No! 

@mamanbebe so glad about your negative test, but sad your parents can’t visit. What a rollercoaster!

@inthewoods23 hooray for that chart!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @agesandstages mostly just ways to store them. So lots of sauce-making and freezing (maybe some canning if I get ambitious), and lots of drying tomatoes. I'm really disappointed that my basil has been kind of a bust this year *shakes fist angrily at the earwig infestation* and so I won't be able to put away a bunch of frozen pesto for the winter. I have grown dependent on the stuff. Hopefully at least I'll be able to make myself lots of tomato-based sauces for easy defrost, though.
    I am a cultural numbskull so you have to tell me: what's a whole30?
    History
  • Options
    @agesandstages I'm sorry about the an-o cycle, I hope that your cycle gets her act together soon. 
    @inthewoods23 burgers and corn sound good! glad you guys had a nice time and got a great gift! 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener Whole30 is a 30-day diet reset where you avoid sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol, and legumes.  I've done it a couple of times before and am hoping that it'll just improve my overall health, as I always uncover tons of great recipes based on real, whole foods.  Hoping it'll also help with my cycle, but we'll see!
  • Options
    @agesandstages that sounds tasty and probably forces all kinds of interesting new combos in the kitchen! tell us if you discover any new recipes!
    History