Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 7/31 - 8/1

fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
edited July 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:
CD:
WAYDTGKU:
R/R:
CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 7/31 - 8/1

• Month/Cycle: 9/9
    CD: 19
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him
    R/R: slow weekend here! Finally feeling mostly normal again which is nice. Enjoying almost breathing through my nose again. Nothing exciting going on this weekend, we're both working both days.
    CS/Q: based on opks and cm, I think O is today. Maaaybe tomorrow.

• SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited July 2021
    Month/Cycle: 2/3 (tomorrow it'll be 3/3!) 
    CD: 9
    WAYDTGKU: temping, CM and CP, OPK 
    R/R: It's so amazing today. I'd swear it was fall if not for the green trees. I'm so tired from the beach though so we we didn't do much-just a farmers market, which the weather was perfect for. 
    CS/Q: 

ETA tags! @fantasyflyte glad you can almost breathe through your nose again! I HATE not being able to breathe through my nose!
  • Loading the player...
  • @fantasyflyte ditto hating not being able to breathe through my nose! I used to be addicted to nasal spray just for that reason; but then I realized that addiction was actually making the problem worse. Glad you're feeling better and hope O is indeed today. 

@SmashJam glad you're having such a nice weather; farmer market days are so nice and relaxing. 

Month/Cycle: 18/19? I have no idea how to count IVF cycles that span 2 cycles. 

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Egg retrieval tomorrow!

R/R: Man today was a busy day; my dog had her spay surgery this morning, and it was a real rush to get her to the clinic on time, and also be somewhere I can do my 2nd trigger shot at precisely 8:30am. Luckily all worked out. I'm excited for tomorrow; just want to be on the other side of this retrieval. I'm off on Monday, cause originally Monday was supposed to be surgery day, but I figure an extra recovery day won't hurt. 

CS/Q: n/a
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD: 26
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk 
    R/R: I did it! I’m done with the semester!!! I can finally have a life again (at least until next semester, but I’ll worry about that in a couple weeks). I can’t believe how good it feels to not be under an insane amount of stress.
    CS/Q: Decided not to record my bbt today. I’ve been trending around just below 97, so I was a bit surprised by my 97.46 today. But I went to sleep at 3:30 AM (finishing up the last MBA paper and presentation because I am a terrible procrastinator) and woke up sporadically until 7:30 AM panicked that I would miss my last class so im not sure how accurate that was. Figure I’ll wait and see what tomorrow looks like.
  • @acleverusername Tomorrow is going to go great, I know it!

@pinkkillersheep What are you studying, if you don’t mind me asking? I finished my bachelor’s 12 years ago and still have flashbacks to all the stress of being in school! Congrats on finishing another semester!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM/CP, PNVs, might start OPKs if nothing happens by cycle 4

R/R: We had a great beach day today with friends. We literally just set up tents, grilled, and sat around for six hours. I’m exhausted because long beach days like that suck all my energy out (maybe it’s the sun?), but it’s a good kind of exhausted and I feel ready for the new week.

CS/Q: DH and I had a talk about missed signals. I guess he thought I wasn’t as excited as I actually am about TTGP, and I thought the same about him, so we just weren’t on the same page. Mostly it came down to us just trying not to seem over eager to the other, especially because I know how disappointed I am every cycle that doesn’t end with a BFP and I’m kind of embarrassed about that…? Which I know is ridiculous, the whole situation was ridiculous, but at least we both know how the other feels about it now. 
  • @acleverusername yay for egg retrieval! 

@aloha_mama that's awesome you and H were able to talk about that. I do the same thing, trying to seem like I'm not crushed when a cycle doesn't pan out. 

@pinkkillersheep yay you made it to the end of the tunnel! So happy for you! 
  • @fantasyflyte I’m so glad your feeling better and on the mend!! Yay for O day!!!

@SmashJam our weather was perfect and fall like yesterday too!! I loved it so much!! Glad you got to get out to the farmers market. I love going too. Something about all that fresh local produce just makes me so happy!

@acleverusername Yay for egg retrieval day!! Thinking of you today and I’m so excited for you! How’s you pup doing after her spay? I hope she’s recovering well. 

@pinkkillersheep yay for finishing this semester!!! I hope your temp today gives you a clearer picture. 

@aloha_mama that beach day sounds perfect! The sun drains me too. I’m glad you got to talk to your husband and get on the same page! I have that makes this journey easier for both of you!

Month/Cycle: 3/2AL

CD:3

WAYDTGKU: opks/ bbt

R/R: yesterday was the first decent day at work that I’ve had since the merger, until the receptionist that we’ve hired less than 3 months ago started arguing with me about how I do things- that’s ive been doing for 9 years. 😑🙄 Like please sit down and observe. I got to check out my garden yesterday and HOLY SMOKES. My pumpkin plants are so big they’ve literally climbed over the 4ft enclosure. There’s between half a dozen and a dozen pumpkins starting, some the size of bowling balls already!! I picked some zucchini, peppers, and cucumber! Those beetles did a number on my potatoes ugh. And the weeds. Oyyy. But overall I’m so thrilled!!! It’s raining today but I’m going to have to go down there again and pick more zucchini. 

CS/Q: 
  • @aloha_mama I’m getting my MBA. It was a ten year gap between completing my bachelors and starting a grad program and I did not miss this particular kind of stress!
  • @SmashJam the weather's been great here this weekend too. We have the air turned off and the windows open. The house feels so much nicer with fresh air circulating.
    @acleverusername fingers crossed that the retrieval goes/went well!
    @pinkkillersheep oof I feel you on school stress. I'm currently in the middle of a bachelors program for my second degree (worked FT for 10 years went back for career change after losing my job in 2019). It's definitely a unique kind of stress.
    @aloha_mama the sun definitely saps your energy, but there's something ultra relaxing about laying out on the beach and feeling it shine on you.
    @paytonpedro yay garden! Our tomatoes are dealing with a fungus, I'm not sure how many we're actually going to get this year. The entire area is having problems with it because we had such a wet July.

Today marks the start of month 10! I'm optimistic about this cycle, my OPK was super light this afternoon after a couple days of dark-but-not-quite-positives, so I think O was this morning or today since no temp rise yet. Might try to get another BD in this evening, but even if we can't, we got two really good days this cycle so fingers crossed.
  • Thanks for your supportive vibes all! Managed to get 8 eggs, all of which are mature!!! Hoping for a good fertilization report tomorrow; the nurse told me about 80-85% should fertilize so I’ve got my mind set on 6. But we have been “diagnosed” with male-side fert issues due to genetics, so we shall see. 

@pinkkillersheep Hooray!!! How many courses do you have left? How many do you take each semester? I did my MBA while working quasi full-time too, so I know how that feels! I did that in my late-20s/early 30s though and couldn’t have picked better timing.

@aloha_mama oh it’s so great that you were able to have that chat with YH. I’m always pleasantly surprised when I have fertility related chats with MH that it’s something he is thinking about. It does sometime feel like it’s only us given all the charting, temping, POASing that we do. Glad you had a fab beach day. I hope you sleep well tonight.

@paytonpedro (pumpkin) pic or it didn’t happen!!! Sounds like you have a case of the Giant Pumpkin on your hands! Are the beetles a threat to the pumpkins?

@fantasyflyte love your enthusiasm even with it being Cycle 10 (ahem, Peggys, take note.) Hopefully you O’ed yesterday and can get on your way to TWW tomorrow.

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited August 2021
    @fantasyflyte sorry to hear about the fungus on your tomatoes, our area has been super wet too and my MIL and dad are dealing with some blight (is that right?). Mine got attacked by two giant horn worms sooo. Feel ya on the tomatoes. 

@acleverusername you know, I always take pictures and I didn’t take any this weekend! And we’re already home. Ugh. But stay tuned, I’ll take one on Friday when we get back out there. I’m scared to see how much bigger they’re going to get in a week. 😬 my spaghetti squash grew out too and I’m really hoping the deer don’t take that as an open invitation. 

edit to add- I did get these goodies though! That’s basil in the baggie. 

• @acleverusername wooo, 8 eggs is great!
    @paytonpedro the fungus we're dealing with looks similar to blight (photo is google's not mine)

• @acleverusername Great news! That’s amazing! And you are totally right about feeling like I’m in on this by myself sometimes but I forget that for the longest time DH was the one wanting to try. We’ve been together a long time but we’re still figuring out this communication thing! Shouldn’t he be able to read my mind by now?! Lol 

@paytonpedro I am so jealous! I wish I had a green thumb— my dream would be to grow all our food myself— but I literally kill anything I try to plant. Including succulents and cactus, which I thought you couldn’t kill even if you tried. 

• @acleverusername how did I miss that you got 8 eggs!!! Yay!! 6 would be great too!! 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • So many great updates from yesterday!
    @acleverusername I have four classes left that I’ll take next semester. This last semester was six, which I would NEVER recommend to anyone. But the compressed class schedule allows me to complete the entire program in 12 months. I agree with you on doing this in my early 30s! I am getting way more out of it this way.