November 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 7/26

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? 

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 7/26

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Nov 6, 25+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Thor’s hammer head 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday, just the 25 week appt 

How are you feeling?: really good! I get pretty annoying lower back pain at night but the hot water bottle DH makes for me nightly really helps 

Rants/Raves: finally out of isolation 🙌🏻 and England’s heatwave has passed thank GOD! We’re back to our regular 70-75 degree weather which is just perfect 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? Well my favourite book is My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares (author of the sisterhood of the travelling pants) but as for series, I’m going to be basic and say Harry Potter 

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a loaf of bread

Upcoming appointments: routine monthly appointment tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Tired, not very hungry or not in the mood for whatever is available lately. Not sure if that's just related to the head cold I'm still getting over.

Rants/Raves: Wasn't feeling cereal for breakfast, remembered the leftover blueberry pancakes from the weekend. Score!

Questions:

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? I don't know about 'best' but somewhat more recently, I really enjoyed the whimsy of Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance.

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower head 

Upcoming appointments: a couple of weeks for the GD test and regular checkup

How are you feeling?: pretty good. Baby is pushing everything up into my stomach and i have constant heartburn.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? My brain is not working today lol I’ll have to come back to this one 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: corn on the cob

Upcoming appointments: 8/3 regular OB appt

How are you feeling?: last week heartburn started with a vengeance. idk if it was because we were on vacation and not eating as healthy as we normally do or if it's because my bump has really popped, but tums aren't cutting it. I started pepcid last night, hopefully I won't need anything more than that. 

Rants/Raves: My feet are already swelling if I don't wear my compression socks and I can't see to shave my bikini area......how is everyone coping with this? We live on a river so we are in the water constantly, I don't shave completely, but I would like to keep things trim down there, lol.

Questions:

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? I'm going to be really basic too and say Harry Potter, but it's because I truly believe it. Even now as an adult I could reread them countless times. It's just a nice way to escape from every day life and go somewhere magical. 

• @jackie_dunny I agree that's the perfect weather range, people think I'm so crazy to prefer Boston living to Florida (I was raised here but lived in Florida for several years)

@mayoduck hmm I've never heard of that book series

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22+4 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ?? ... Can't believe I've forgotten again. I think it's a coconut

Upcoming appointments: nothing for a couple weeks

How are you feeling?: Great!

Rants/Raves: omg my son is back to being his happy, less tantrumy self and I love every minute of it. That was a tough 2 weeks

Questions: is anyone thinking about what we'll do as the next step yet? Private BMB? Facebook before babies come? I was just staying to wonder, I'm not in a rush

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? I'm in the middle of a great series right now if you like high brow smutty romances like I do - Kushiel's Dart. It's in an alternative universe where there's a religion that kind of sees prostitution as a religious act? Lol, kind of
  • @chartput haha, I switch to swim briefs and have a "see no evil mentality" about the bikini line area. With the increased blood flow/sensitivity I just can't keep up with waxes so here we are 😂
  • @chartput I haven’t shaved since my bump properly popped so I have no idea what I’m going to do 😂 but it makes me think of this meme 

@marbellie I’m actually a fall girl all the way, but 70-75 is perfect for “summer”! 
    Also, not sure if I’m all that interested in a private BMB and think I’d rather do FB but I know a lot of people don’t have it/have gone off it. Think we should do a poll?
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny hahaha omg that meme! Yeah a poll would make sense. I think it's always good to get on the same page or majority about platform, timing, catfish preventions, etc

My old BMB was so large that I think we initially moved to private BMB to get more comfortable and vet more from viability and then we moved to Facebook right before babies. We still chat daily so it's been great (there were 30 of us that transferred).
  • @chartput I have my husband do it for me, otherwise I’m definitely looking like @jackie_dunny  ‘s meme 🤣🤣

I agree that a poll is good. I’m pretty open to whatever everyone else is comfortable with
  • gingerale87gingerale87 member
    edited July 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  22+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a hedgehog 🦔😍

Upcoming appointments: 8/12

How are you feeling?: Had to finally call the Dr and admit the Tums were no longer useful. I think, like @chartput, the Florida vacation has playing into my body's rebellion.  I've also been battling some wicked motion sickness/nausea but I think returning more to my typical snacking through work has helped vs the larger meals while on vacation. 

Rants/Raves: not so much a rant but a little disappointment... We have a really awesome bird at work and I want it soooo bad but my husband is being a downer. Usually I would get it anyways because I'm an adult and he can't tell me what to do, lol, but I know we don't need it. Ugh.

Questions: We have a super tiny house, 1 bedroom.... those of you who have done this before, do you feel it is imperative to find a place for a glider/rocker or have you found that you could go without?

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read?  Love a few different series by Hugh Howey (Sci-Fi, dystopian) and the Peculiar Children books.

As far as the "clean up" question... I second having husband do it! 

• @gingerale87 Yeah, I actually do think a glider/rocker is imperative. We still use it every day with Arlo, so I plan to buy a used one for Sadie's room.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24 weeks today!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A demi-baguette, a half sized french baguette. SURE.

Upcoming appointments: Early August check-in. 

How are you feeling?: Meh. I am having visa D R A M A. I have a visa that expires in November, NOT IDEAL. I can stay in the country until 2023 but if I try and leave I need to renew my visa at an embassy, namely the US embassy in London. So therefore, with the baby and the risk of delta variant, I won't be able to go home. Also, the US is not open to visitors from the UK at the moment and apparently they are not currently recognizing my parent's AstraZeneca vaccine as valid, so I am just trying to keep from breaking down in tears during my working day. 

Rants/Raves: See above! 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s the best book or series you’ve read? I really enjoy a good crime/murder book. Tara French has a good series, but I really also enjoyed Sue Grafton's Alphabet series based on PI Kinsey Millhone. Sadly, she died before she could finish the alphabet :(

• mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited July 2021
    @jenharvey84 Oh noooo!!! That's so rough, I'm sorry! The delta variant really has made a mess of things as things were just starting to look up! Things are always changing.. hopefully between now and November, things will change to help you and your situation. Seems like the US is taking issue with the quality and scale of the AstraZeneca trials? If that's the only red tape, I'd hope 3+ months would be enough time for AstraZeneca to prove their efficacy to the US. I'm sorry; you surely don't need this added stress.
  • @jenharvey84 you already know that I can totally relate. Do you renew your visas at the embassy, though? Ours is done through just a regular mail in application? We just did mine in May. As for family not being able to come over/being able to go home. Yep. Totally with you. The only slight upside I have is that at least my family can come into the UK but currently will have to quarantine for 10 days. It looks like they can quarantine with us though. So you’d be able to go home but wouldn’t be able to leave home for 10 days. I know travelling is still not ideal with a newborn but yeah. Ugh hopefully things lift more by October/November 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny sadly yes, mine is a visa that needs to be processed by the US embassy in the UK. It's a specific work visa and as me and my partner are not yet married I rely on the work visa from my company to keep me here. 

I could try and go home but I risk not being let back into the states as they know my visa needs renewing and I can't get the appointment to do that until next year. The lawyers strongly advised I stay put until 2022. 

Let's hope the AZ vaccine gets trials that meet the scale requirements for the US and my parents can come see me and the babe. 

I'm so happy your parents can come visit, quarantine sucks but I'm glad they can do that with you! I bet you can't wait 🥰🥰

• @jenharvey84 ugh you poor thing that’s soo annoying! Yeah I’m very excited for them to come over as they’ve never been to visit yet. I am worried that I’ll feel the need to be in “host mode” as it’s my natural instinct especially because they’ve never been and I’ll want to show them around but my mom keeps reassuring me that those trips can be in the future and this trip is 100% about babe 
    PitaPata Dog tickers