March 2022 Moms

GTKY: Vacations

Hope I’m not stepping on any toes starting this, just trying to get the board a little more active.

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite vacation or dream destination!
Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: GTKY: Vacations

• Loading the player...
  • @goldfishcraker Yes! Scotland! That is also on my list. How did I forget Scotland!
  • @rachelredhead that sounds amazing! So dreamy!

@geminigirl16 oh how funny! I was 24ish weeks pregnant with DD when we went. It was a really eye opening experience for sure, not sure I’d qualify it as “fun” but I enjoyed it. Actually broke my heart to see how much poverty we still have in the world. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Panaceia I highly recommend Scotland!
    So much history. Beautiful country. Friendly people. Sleep in a castle!
    We went to our clans highland games and it was so much fun!
    Highly recommend renting a car so you can get around to the small towns and see all of Scotland!
  • My favorite trip was when we spent 14 days backpacking through Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and France. It was so much fun! We got pregnant with DS right after getting back. I would love to go back to all the places we visited, but I also want to get to Ireland and Scotland someday. 
  • I've been to China, parts of England, Mexico and Kauai but honestly the best vacation I've ever been on was my honeymoon with my husband. We stayed at Hotel Emma( a world famous hotel) then got an air bnb about 45 minutes away from our house and it was so romantic! We're moving to New Zealand in about 5 years so yall can come visit us 😉
    I'd love to visit Thailand, Japan and South America 
  • and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited July 2021
    @pretzelmama28 wait. Did you do a staycation? I live in that city! I’m certain we must both live in the same place. Wild.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @pretzelmama28 That's so cool that you guys are moving to New Zealand!!! Is there a specific reason or is it just something you guys have always wanted to do?
  • Like many of you, I think New Zealand would be a cool place to visit. Not sure I'm up for the long plane ride though. As far as somewhere I've actually been, DH and I went to Portugal and loved it!
  • New Zealand is very high on my bucket list as well! I'd also love to explore some of the mountains that I haven't been to yet, especially Banff National Park in Canada and the Swiss Alps. For favorite trips that I've done, when I was in college I spent a summer living and working in Tanzania. Going on safari in Ngorongoro Crater is still #1 on my all-time coolest experiences list. 

@luckyduck42 I love Lake Placid! My family has a house not far from there that I spent time at every summer. I was just there about a month ago -- one of my favorite places! 
  • Ohh this is fun! My favorite trip ever was a road/train/boat trip through Norway. We spent two weeks there and just loved it. I crave going back all the time. 
  • Pre kids DH and I traveled to O'ahu and stayed in Honolulu for a week. Other than that we haven't done very much traveling, but hope to travel more as the kids grow older. 
  • @v2hb yes! I'm a San Antonio girl!!! We should stay in contact 
  • @Panaceia we fell in love with it kind of randomly. We were researching places we'd love to visit and the more we talked about it, the more it made sense for our family. So, we set a 5-8 year plan to get over there. Oh! Also, Lord of the Rings was shot in New Zealand and its stunning 

• @pretzelmama28 I love that! My cousin is a former Olympian and has traveled everywhere for training and competition and always says New Zealand is her favourite place by far!
  • I loved reading these posts and getting ideas! NZ has always been on my list, and now it's getting bumped up higher!

I haven't traveled too much, but I've done the Caribbean (Jamaica, Bahamas, and DR), Philippines, and Spain. My husband and I honeymooned in Spain, and we definitely want to go back.

I'd love to travel more as a family, especially with the kids get older so that they have memories of our trips. Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and Maine are on my U.S list. For international, NZ, Portugal, and Italy.
  • How did I miss this thread! Hoping it’s ok that I’m bumping it by responding late. I am
    obsessed with travelling. We go to Ireland every other year to see family and then squeeze in something else on the off years. We love Tennessee. The drive down from Ontario is beautiful and the people are so nice. 

I am obsessed with travelling anywhere hot! We used to do Mexico and the likes pre-zika and then turned to repeat Hawaii visitors post 2016
    zika crisis. We have plans to get to the Cayman Islands when the world is sufficiently stable for travel. Also hoping to buy a vacation home in Florida eventually and become that typical Canadian snowbird. 

Im excited to hear about all of you who have been to Thailand, Cambodia, etc. Seems like amazing culture and beauty on that side of the world. Would love to go there.

Im intrigued by California, probably due to years of binging the OC and RHOC. 

Wish I could make it everywhere in my lifetime!