Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 7.29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:
CD:
WAYDTGKU:
R/R:
CS/Q: 
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 7.29

• Month/Cycle: 49/9 AL
    CD:14
    WAYDTGKU: opks, bbt, gf/df diet, vaccine, PNV, probiotic, DHA, CoQ10
    R/R: figures I'd be tired today after being woken up in the middle of the night for almost an hour due to the storm that rolled through. They had talked about possible gusts of winds up to 75mph but based on the fact that there's no tree or plant debris in our yard I doubt the winds got that strong near us. I had been sleeping through all the lightning as well as the severe weather alarm on the phone. Only my dad calling woke us up :#. Otherwise, just looking forward to tomorrow afternoon for my first covid shot.
    CS/Q: got a positive opk yesterday evening and a darker positive this morning so today is peak and O should be tomorrow.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yay for a positive opk today! And so glad you guys didn’t get hit by the storm. We don’t have many tornadoes at all by me but every bunch of years a storm will roll through. They scare me so much. We encountered one on a cross country road trip and it was one of the scariest moments in my life. 

Month/Cycle: 3/2AL

CD: 1- I think?

WAYDTGKU: Opk/bbt

R/R: it’s rainy and crappy here… which just seems to be the theme of the summer. So, I’m going to make some chicken and wild rice soup with lots of veggies for dinner. As I’m typing this, the sun literally came out. Maybe I should complain more haha

CS/Q: TMI- what do you count as the first day of your period. I usually count it at full flow red, and everything else is spotting. Today I woke up with some red but just on tp, and it hasn’t changed much. I know af is coming but is this day one or just spotting still? I’d love to extend my lp and count it as spotting but I don’t want to be doing it wrong. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro yeah we definitely got off easy with the storm. Just lots of rain and lightning. We don't get many tornadoes in our are particularly... maybe because we're near a great lake? Further west though has been hit by tornadoes a number of times. The following summer after I graduated college a tornado came through parts of the campus and most of the windows of the Engineering Hall were shattered! Even the Culvers was leveled :'(

I would consider what you're dealing with to be just spotting. But maybe the full flow will show up later today. It's still early. I have in the past spotted the day before the floodgates opened. Day of floodgates is CD1 to me.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yay for O coming soon! Also I was glad to see you didn't get it too bad from the storm!

@paytonpedro I always count the first day I need anything to control it. So I think you could mark it as spotting?

Month/Cycle: 2/3
    CD: 7
    WAYDTGKU: temp, CM,CP
    R/R: I dunno...rant is that I'm a book of the month member and I'm not sure I love any of the choices. Rave is that I'm getting myself a new Kindle for my birthday! I was gonna do a big expensive foot massage but its an almost 2 hour drive from here, its kind of expensive (more than a kindle) and its a lot of my day. Kindle will be GREAT. 

CS/Q: meh.
  • edited July 2021
    @paytonpedro Curious to hear the responses to your question because I'm in a similar place. I usually call it spotting but one of my apps yelled at me last time I logged it that way.

@inthewoods23 yay for O!

@SmashJam Kindle is a great choice for a birthday gift :) Happy almost birthday!

Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD: 24
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk
    R/R: Verdict is in and our AC needs replaced. Thankfully today is the last really hot day and it should get more manageable soon. Until then I'm camping out in the basement.
    CS/Q: none

• @inthewoods23 glad you guys are okay!
    @paytonpedro I used to count from anything because I only tend to get a few hours of spotting at the start, but my ob told me it should be the first day of true flow.
    @SmashJam oooh, massage sounds lovely.
    @pinkkillersheep blugh, sorry about the AC, that's bad timing.

Month/Cycle: 9/9
    CD: 17
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin, vitamins
    R/R: feel like crap today, just waiting on my test results. Pretty sure I just have a cold but it sucks because I haven't been actually sick since covid started because of all the masking, so of course I'd get sick right at the start of fertile week.
    CS/Q:

• @inthewoods23 Yah for your first covid shot! And ovulation!

@paytonpedro that cozy dinner sounds delicious! I'm going to make something cozy too, I think cauliflower curry

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: waiting for period to end

R/R: I have a mild headache today. Normal for period, but I'm at work with no ibuprofen and don't feel like leaving to get some, boo

CS/Q: n/a
  • @inthewoods23 I've had that happen to but usually that’s more brown. This is like a really light (start to) af. Like I just have a panty liner on… so just spotting? I mean I’ll take it because that would mean 10 day lp! 

@smashjam I’m assuming you mean anything beyond a panty liner? That’s all I’m using currently and there isn’t much on it. 
    That kindle sounds great! So glad you’re treating yourself. Maybe just hint the foot massage to your husband and then you’ll win twice lol. 

@pinkkillersheep I would normally log something like this as spotting so I think I’m overthinking it. It’s just that it’s red which is abnormal for me. 
    Sorry you have to have your ac replaced! That’s a bummer. Hopefully it won’t be too costly because you already have all the duct work etc in place? Or is it a window unit? That would definitely be easier and less expensive. 

• @fantasyflyte ok thank you! I think I’m going to go change all my apps and give myself an extra lp day! I’m so sorry you’re feeling lousy. And what terrible timing! I hope you kick it quickly and still have a good fertile week!

@wisewitch222 i might need you to send me the recipe you use for cauliflower curry! That sounds delicious! I’m sorry about the headache, maybe a cup of coffee/caffeine will help?

• @SmashJam oohhh foot massage sounds nice! Enjoy your Kindle instead though!

@pinkkillersheep we've had a bit of a heat wave lately (not like out west though!) but it finally cooled off today. We're a nice mild mid 70s. Hope you can get the AC fixed quickly in case of warmer weather

@fantasyflyte I'm not sure what's worse, the start of a cycle with AF or feeling like crap during FW :D that's probably the worse time to feel like garbage. Hopefully you can still make a good effort

@wisewitch222 oh man being at work during AF with no ibuprofen suuuuuuucks

@paytonpedro I still consider it spotting if I change a pantiliner once, maybe twice over the course of a day. I can usually tell AF has truly arrived when I use the bathroom and it drips a definite red into the toilet. Is that TMI?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 definitely not tmi! Thank you! I had one drip only this morning and that was part of why I assumed af had started. But thanks again! I’m changing my app to spotting. And we’ll see how tonight/ tomorrow go. I’m having freaking terrible cramps though 😩
  • @paytonpedro I sometimes get cramping the day before AF arrives, but they're nothing compared to the actual period cramps I get. Hope the waiting/guessing game ends for you soon
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @paytonpedro It's this recipe I found on Pinterest and I just used cauliflower instead of butternut squash. So good! https://healthynibblesandbits.com/vegan-butternut-squash-curry-with-spinach/#recipe
  • @paytonpedro yes, that's what I meant-like typically I call it spotting if I wipe and its there, but other than that I don't put my cup in yet. If I put my cup in and I take it out at the end of the day and its got barely anyting lining the bottom, then I call it spotting also.

• Thank you @SmashJam. It’s actually seemed to have picked up a bit but idk. Lol. I just put a small tampon in so I don’t have to deal with it lol

@wisewitch222 thank you!!!! That looks delicious!! 🤤
  • @inthewoods23 Yay for positive OPK, and yay for first shot!

@paytonpedro I’m just going to agree with everyone else and say I usually chart first day of my period as the first day I need my cup. Sounds like you already got it figured out though lol I’m super late to the game 

@wisewitch222 We’re going meat-free in my house so I’ve been gathering plant-based meals, I’m definitely trying this one! I made a cauliflower and chickpea tikka masala the other night that was so yummy. If you have any other favorites send them my way!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: Sex, diet, PNV, BBT, CM/CP

R/R: Anyone else just bawl during the Olympics whenever anyone wins something or is it just me? It doesn’t even matter if they belong to my country or not, I get so emotional seeing these complete strangers win medals! 

• @aloha_mama Likewise! We eat meat at our house but are always looking for new ideas for vegetarian meals, especially since one of our household doesn't like beans