Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason?

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 7.26

• kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28+6 Oct 12

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: rollerblades

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: Thursday, 3 hr test/rhogam/ob visit πŸ˜…

How are you feeling?: Crabby 😬 but good

Rants/Raves: I'm starting to grow out of my "round 1" maternity stuff but lacking motivation to buy more/find things I like

Questions: none

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? Harper 😩 it was our go to name since ds2 and we still loved it when we started ttc, even though it's becoming super popular. But my son became besties with a Harper and now I can't...it feels weird πŸ˜‚

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28w+3days, due date October 15th but scheduled RCS is October 8thΒ 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eggplant πŸ†Β 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Friday I have my 3hr glucose 🀒 I actually don’t mind the drink it’s just the sitting around for 3hrs I can’t standΒ 

How are you feeling?: I’ve been feeling pretty good, increased acid reflux hasn’t been fun but overall goodΒ 

Rants/Raves: RAVE we finally listed our house Thursday, hoping from the open houses this weekend we get some offers in

Questions: what are your go to shoes for support that also are pregnancy swollen feet friendly πŸ˜…

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? I haven’t come across any names I would choose for my kids that other people used but I have a list of people I don’t particularly like that I wouldn’t choose fromΒ 

@kandb4 Β I am also trying to not to buy anymore maternity clothes but it’s been easy now with summer being hot I can just wear dresses but fall coming up I might need to grab a few shirtsΒ 

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 27; 26+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Kale; a ping pong paddle

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday for glucose test, birth plan (I think), and a possible growth scan.Β 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted; there is no such thing as enough sleep right now.

Rants/Raves: Rant: Day 7 of this massive head cold that I cannot get rid of. I was doing so well keeping things clear but things started turning green (sorry πŸ™ˆ) and I’m just super annoyed. Rave: last week of summer school this week and we are going to a wedding this weekend! Checked the hotel to see if room prices had changed and they did so we saved $200 on our room for literally one night! So excited!Β 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? My list is literally huge….Johnny, David, Joel, Kylie, any name that ends in -ayden/-aiden, -leigh/-lee/-ly, or -lynn, among so so many others.Β 

@kandb4 ditto on the needing new clothes. I was only in the 1st trimester last pregnancy in the fall so I don’t have anything except pants. But also @bcliffee1 I don’t want to buy more. 🀣

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 +2, 10/23

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lettuce or kale or something like that

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for gd test and 28 week appointment

How are you feeling?: fine. I keep getting occasional dizzy spells and hot flashes. Not sure whats up.Β 

Rants/Raves: we're so close to listing our house! I'm super hopeful we can get it on the market by the 6th and just BE DONE with this tiny little time suck of a house.Β 

Questions:Β 

George, Charles, Anna, Anne, and Andrew.Β 

• gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited July 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a 1 lb. basket of wings...and now I want wings

Upcoming appointments: 3 hr glucose test on Wednesday then 28 week appt next Thursday

How are you feeling?: Super tired. I slept really poorly last night. We also had a small get together for DS' birthday yesterday so I overdid it a bit and am feeling it now.

Rants/Raves: Rave: DS is 2! He had a great day and we had a lot of fun. I can't believe it! I have a girls trip coming up this week, Thursday - Monday which will be fun! Rant: the girls trip, I'm excited but am really going to miss my family, plus thanks to COVID I've only had one night away from DS so I am nervous how he is going to do. DH will be fine and MIL is coming to help out so DH can get our office ready to move in DS before the baby.

Questions:

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? Certain names from my preschool teaching and nannying days. Also, the name that we're 98% sure going with I started to really love after having a student in my class with the same name which is funny.

ETA because I can't spell.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a fanny pack

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Upcoming appointments: down to every other week next appointment is Aug 4th

How are you feeling?: good. Baby girl kicked me good on Saturday night to the point that my hip bone felt a little sore for a little bit

Rants/Raves: Rave: My DH is a weather geek. He decided he was going to buy an air quality monitor for outside our house since we experienced the smoke from the wild fires last week. Although he knows he shouldn't be buying anything extra right now, his excuse to get it was for the baby.

Questions:

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? There are names I just dont like. Since I work in a daycare, I see some interesting names that come through.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29w 5d!Β 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby’s hand is the size of a golf ball!Β 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: midwife follow up 8/12 along with my tdap.Β 

How are you feeling?: not great. Every day it feels like third trimester is hitting me harder. Between the back pain, abdominal heaviness and what I believe are Braxton Hicks I’m just exhausted.Β 

Rants/Raves: I had my maternity pics Saturday! Have a feeling they turned out nicely so I can’t wait to get them. Also got my breast pump, Spectra S1Β 

Questions:

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? Audrey. Which makes me sad because that was going to be the name we were using. My cousin got pregnant and used it. It’s okay though, I love Lyla so much more now πŸ₯°

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28+3, 10/15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a large eggplant

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: dentist 8/3, obgyn 8/5 😊

How are you feeling?: Tired. Nest-y.

Rants/Raves: did a bunch of small projects around the house this weekend and am feeling super accomplished: yay! I want to do some kind of vacation-y thing before baby comes and I'm just not sure we can fit anything in with everything else going on: boo!

Questions: πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? Leo.Β 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 29+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A gallon jug of milk, and I feel that right now πŸ˜†
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Aug 6. Just routine, but I remembered that I left the entire info packet from my 28-week appointment there last time πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
    How are you feeling?: Exasperated. Too much on my and DH's plates right now. Need a break, but it's not happening. Also, having some new pain in my middle back/right side. Not sure if it's bowels, a pulled muscle, sciatica, or baby's just squashing something.
    Rants/Raves: Rants -- A lady from church emailed DH and said that our church is planning a surprise baby shower for me. I...hate that idea...for a lot of reasons. But it looks like it's happening. At the very least, DH responded that it would be best for her to coordinate with me. As much as I don't want a shower, I want a "surprise" one even less. Also, our birthing class was switched to virtual. Not sure yet how I feel about that... Rave -- I dunno. Pretty much everything is annoying me right now.
    Questions: Anybody's pets developing medical issues that might be related to your pregnancy? My cat is just extra clingy (if that's possible), but my dog is collecting symptoms that may or may not be anxiety-related. We were at the vet Sunday for persistent vomiting (no cause determined) and now we're going again today for sleep incontinence. Yaaay...
    GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? Probably an unpopular opinion, but DH and I both hated 98% of the "top 100 boys' names of 2020" and similar lists.
  • @bcliffee1 I don't know what you need in terms of support (high arches, cushion, high/low drop?) or style. But I really like Altras for the cushion level and a very wide toe box, which should probably help with swelling. Now they mostly don't look very good (unless you're excited by comfortable and colorful running shoes, like me) but they are buttery soft.
  • @kandb4 and @bcliffee1 good luck to both of you on your 3 hour GD tests!

@chindimples04, I'm so sorry you are still sick. Hope you feel better soon!!

@gingermama46, dang now I want wings too. And happy birthday to your DS!Β 

@madiirosee and @noprobalo, I hear you ladies on the back pain. I've been asking my DH for back massages basically every night. It's so bad 😒

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bowling pin 😳

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

Upcoming appointments: 28 weeks

How are you feeling?: tired. See more in Rant below.

Rants/Raves:

Rant: I have had the week from HELL. We visited my in-laws over the weekend and my MIL served us some under cooked sausage. I ended up with a horribly severe case of food poisoning. I started puking within hours of our return home Sunday night, and I wasn't able to keep anything down (even sips of water!!) for nearly 48 hours. I ended up in the ER for fluids and anti-nausea medicine. And to make matters worse, my DD was sent home from daycare Monday with a fever and cough. RSV is going around there. So DD and I have been an absolute hot mess of a pair, her being clingy, coughing, and upset, and me puking every 20 minutes. Today I FINALLY felt up to eating. I've kept down Gatorade, chicken soup, and some crackers. DD still has a fever though, so I have a feeling I'm missing the entire week of work. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Rave: in happier news, I passed my 3 hr GD test on Friday, and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED. I was diagnosed with GD with my daughter (although I was borderline, at best), so I'm aware what a pain the ass GD is, and I'm SO RELIEVED to avoid it this time! ❀

Questions: nope

Joel, Elizabeth, and Ruby

• @galentine Oof, what misery. I would be absolutely mortified if I were your MIL. Not that you ever want your kid to be sick, but a silver lining of your daughter getting RSV is baby gets exposed to it in utero with an adult immune system instead of as an infant. Apparently that's a problem right now, with moms having no antibodies to RSV for newborns to use, so very young kids are getting more sick than usual. ☹️
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @galentine oh my goodness....you poor thing!! How does it always happen that moms can't ever be sick solo. Sending hugs for your and your daughter ❀️
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15 - 29 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Allegedly a Mr. Potato Head or an acorn squash, but also 15 inches sooooo... this does not add up. I had an u/s last week and he was almost 3 lb.Β 

Upcoming appointments: I have all my appts set through September! I go back 8/6

How are you feeling?: LARGE. I get so out of breath and exhausted doing ANYTHING.Β 

Rants/Raves: Finally found a new daycare for my son for the last month before he starts PreK. At this point it's like what's the point, but we hadn't used all of our childcare FSA so it's use it or lose it.Β 

Rant/Rave - I passed my 3 hr glucose by the skin of my teeth, only failing one of the draws. So I'm kinda trying to be careful I guess? Anyone else? I do not know how to live without carbs though!

Questions: How bad is it to reuse pacifiers and bottles from my first?Β 

GTKY: What are names that you cannot use, for whatever reason? My aunt suggested Chasen, which besides being a terrible made up name, sounds exactly like my last 2 exes, Jason. I love the name Alexander, but it's my BIL name and he has never so much as asked about our son. I also love the name Andrew, but it's my governor's first name and I LOATHE him. I might get past it though, we will seeΒ  :D

• kandb4kandb4 member
    @demimondaine yay!!! Congrats on passing πŸ‘ I haven't gotten my results back but I'm trying to be more cognisant of my carb intake. Last night I bought red lentil "pasta" and chickpea "pasta"...it sounds like a better choice than plain white pasta but who knows πŸ˜… carb count is the same but higher protein and maybe less starchy
  • @kandb4 Meanwhile last night I had tiktok pasta after going to a donut birthday party πŸŽ‰Β  At least I've thought about it? 🀣
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @demimondaine Hahaha it's the thought that counts