1st Trimester

Can baby gender affect sex drive?

I was pregnant with my son in 2017, and before I even had my positive test I had a super high sex drive that lasted for most of my pregnancy. I am currently pregnant with baby #2, and am only one month along but this time around I have literally no sex drive at all. I do not know the gender of this baby, but I wonder if any moms out there feel their sex drives differed due to baby gender, or if drives differed with pregnancies of the same gender? Curious if added testosterone makes a difference! 

Re: Can baby gender affect sex drive?

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited July 2021
    I was pregnant with my son in 2017, and before I even had my positive test I had a super high sex drive that lasted for most of my pregnancy. I am currently pregnant with baby #2, and am only one month along but this time around I have literally no sex drive at all. I do not know the gender of this baby, but I wonder if any moms out there feel their sex drives differed due to baby gender, or if drives differed with pregnancies of the same gender? Curious if added testosterone makes a difference! 

I know a mom w/ 3 boys - guess what the sex drive (according to her decreased each pregnancy)  the sex of your kid (not gender - as thats how your kid identifies) does not affect your sex drive.  Pregnancy alone can affect your sex drive and EVERY pregnancy is DIFFERENT.  You are older, your body is changing, and things are different since your last pregnancy. 
  • Good to know! This is only my 2nd pregnancy btw… I asked out of curiosity, not sure why you felt the need for the gif 👍 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had more sex drive in my second pregnancy than in my first and I have 2 boys. I would say there is no causation at all.