Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 7.26

Ivf Inspirational Quotes
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):  

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  

How are things going?:  

Any questions?:  

GTKY: Name a totally underrated item that you own and why you love it.
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 7.26

• Loading the player...
  • edited July 2021
    @kiki047 i do have "mild" endo. they found some when i had my myomectomy. apparently it had glued my ovary to the abdominal wall (which doesn't sound mild? but the surgeon did use the word mild, so 🤷‍♀️) and he cut things free while also dealing with the fibroids. The doc at my fertility clinic has never spoken with me about the endo diagnosis even though it's clear in my charts, but maybe that's what he has in mind. I'll ask next time I catch the nurse's ear there. Thanks for the super-plausible explanation!
    Edit to say also I am so jazzed to hear that you had a positive appointment with the new clinic and that a plan is beginning to emerge!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener your FET protocol sounds pretty much like what I did. My retrieval was in June. Then I was on BC for about 2 months to mid August. Started Lupron about a week before I finished the BC (mine stayed at 10U for FET). Baseline CD2-4 testing to confirm I could start the estradiol valerate 2 days later (those injections were twice a week). Continue that for another week or 2 until my last set of labs and ultrasound before transfer. 2 days after that is when I started the PIO every day and stopped taking the lupron. They also had me on Endometrin starting 4 days before transfer, plus Medrol and an antibiotic. My clinic also has you take this other progesterone suppository within 2 hours of your transfer time. After transfer I continued only with the PIO, Endometrin, and estradiol valerate. If I can get a screenshot of my calendar I'll put them in a spoiler but my laptop doesn't seem to like to copy things into Chrome when in incognito mode.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 our protocols sound very similar re: dosing and with the suppositories as well but minus the endometrin, medrol, and antibiotic. I'll ask about the antibiotic, though, since they made me do one when prepping for my first (canceled) retrieval. don't worry about the calendar screenshot unless it is easy. :) thanks!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @kiki047 heated towels are like a goal of mine lol I’ve always wanted to get one if those I’m glad you think it’s worth it! 

@optimistgardener I’m looking forward to your pgs results! Do they normally take this long? I have no idea. 
  • @bows22 I have 2 more round of Letrozole I could use. I talked to the one of the other docs and was professionally like WTH we had a deal. And he basically said he just didn’t think this is going to work after seeing my AMH but he will finish what he told me he’d do and give me the gandotropin shots in 3 months if I insisted. But honestly I was really miserable on the Letrozole and it’s probably not going to work. So I don’t know if I’ll try that again or not but I think for the most part it’s just time to move on to the embryo adoption list. We are #7 in line it’ll probably take 18ish months. We will hopefully be able to save for a lot if the fees by then and we can research and prepare. In the meantime o have a 5% chance of getting Pregnant my own. PS my parents have a couch like that and I love it too! They are so nice. They also have one that you can rearrange all the pieces and the automan a ton of different ways and I like that one too 
  • @bows22 yeah the timing is pretty good! but the superstitious part of my brain that is suddenly asserting itself with a vengeance is having a bit of a freak out about taking steps forward on the path towards this plan before i know if the embryos are a go. if that makes any sense. like i'll jinx it by demonstrating any degree of belief in it.
    @daisy0322 i'm so sorry. i wonder why the doc went ahead with the treatment before knowing your amh. if that number is make or break, then why leap ahead (and give you false hope) until he knows it's workable. you don't have to answer, but is your amh a measurable number? fx that your 5% chance pans out.
    History
  • edited July 2021
    @inthewoods23 i'm gonna jump on the @kiki047 bandwagon here and say get that covid vaccine! the delta variant is scary. my first shot was a piece of cake, just a sore arm. the 2nd shot was like having a weird flu for 24 hours. i felt really sorry for myself at the time but it was nbd in retrospect. the other thing to consider here is that if you don't get vaccinated, and then wind up getting covid while you're pregnant, the risk of complications for you and for the baby are very serious. get that vaccine! (I am getting the 3rd MMR shot of my life today because for some reason I am apparently non-immune for Rubella, even though I got the shot as a baby and again in my 20s when I traveled to India for the first time. I wish there were some way I could transfer this vaccination to you for you to experiment with. All it's gonna do for me is ruin my arm for a day. And hopefully make me immune to Rubella, obvs.)
    History
  • @kiki047 Now that I reread what I said that is not at all what I intended 🤦‍♀️. My brain must still be tired this morning. I guess I am anxious about how I'm going to feel after getting it but like you said, the variant is no joke so why would I want to experience that over the lighter side effects of the vaccine (although I have heard some have gotten really sick from it). I'm around too many people who don't plan on getting it right now (sometime in the future when it's actually FDA approved.... I hope) and I'm feeling judged in my decision even though I haven't mentioned it to anyone but Dave and my supportive friend during this IF process (she's vaccinated). Maybe I feel judged because why did I wait so long to go through with it. And I think I'm mad at myself for banking so much on my past experience getting KU. Add other personal stuff on top of that too 😕
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 sorry friend, I re-read that several times and in every interpretation that's how I understood what you were trying to say. I'm sorry you're feeling judged about choosing to get vaccinated. It is a deeply personal choice, but at the same time it's not really, I'd say it's a selfish choice not to get vaccinated. But I know that's a sensitive topic so I'll steer clear of the preachy part of that. I can certainly understand that your situation is complex, and don't blame you for being hesitant but also wanting so badly to find reason in all the unknowns. My concern was that it sounded like you were using that experience as a basis for making a potentially dangerous decision regarding your health, and I'm relieved you're saying that's not the case.
    I know the potential for negative side-effects has been a major deterrent for a lot of people, but FWIW, that "robust immune response" is a desired effect in the sense that it means it's working... even if it does make you feel crappy for a day or two. I would take that over the fear/anxiety of possibly contracting Covid, especially if/when you do get KU. I have a friend who is an ER doc and he said he has a disproportionate # of pregnant patients in the ICU because the were too scared to get vaccinated before or during their pregnancies, and their bodies just have to fight that much harder. 
    The first dose still offers a great deal of protection, but it takes a full 2 weeks for the immune response to kick in, and tbh I think most people assume they're like 100% ready to go the minute they get their first shot and let their guard down too soon. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 no worries! Frankly any of your interpretations were probably correct based on what I wrote because I suck at writing my thoughts out so that's on me. I'm on my phone today instead of the computer so I don't really have the time to carefully craft my messages.

Did you ever get your second vaccine? I remember a while ago you said supply/roll out was going poorly so they were delaying people from getting the last shot.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 all good, glad we're on the same page. I'm relieved for you that you're going ahead with it, even more so if people around you are holding off. 
    I did get my second dose, a full 2 months ahead of schedule too. Canada had some major supply chain issues so they were stretching out that 2nd dose as far as they could, in most cases 12 weeks, but as supply became more readily available and they opened up more mass clinics they relaxed the eligibility so I was able to move it up. I'm so relieved, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten my 2nd dose until mid-end of August. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 good! I'm glad you got that well ahead of time. I remember all the news talking about how vaccines would be going to waste/expiring here in the US if the daily vaccination rate was going to continue dropping so much and the whole time I'm like heellllloooo somebody please consider sending our "surplus" to Canada and Europe instead of bitching about it in the news!! 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bumblebee0210 OMG YAY!!! I've been quietly waiting and crossing my fingers hard for your update on that blast and am so happy it's a normie! Also v interesting about the euploidy/anuploidy correlation with grading. I've been doing reading on that and it does seem to be fairly well established that there is a relationship. Not enough of a relationship that I've allowed my embryos' decent grading to calm my nerves, but enough that I am not bereft of hope, haha.
    History
  • @bumblebee0210 Ahh that's wonderful news that this cycle wasn't a complete bust. Yay for euploid embies! Interesting stat about the grading - it's true that our grading for our 2nd ER was much lower than the 1st and that happened to be the one with all the aneuploid embryos but we've been told repeatedly that quality does not equal or predict PGT-A so not to get too hung up on it. I like that your clinic is so willing to switch up your protocols to keep trying different things for each cycle. I'm curious, how much of that is you pushing for it and how much of that is them being proactive?

@inthewoods23 right??? I wondered that about the US supply too. I know they gave us a bunch of AZ in the spring that was going to expire but that they also waited until the last possible second to do it. 

TTC History:

• @kiki047 our friends did offer but we decided against it - I don’t think it would be a great situation. They desperately want another child but they can’t afford a surrogate again. 

@inthewoods23 i quit temping because the HRT will over ride it. My OPKS are always super positive now. At a party this weekend e dry or asked me if I was pregnant it was awful but if I didn’t know I’d wonder too the letrozole made me gain weight awkwardly in my stomach 
  • @daisy0322 seriously wtf is wrong with people asking someone if she's pregnant. i'm so indignant on your behalf!
    History
  • @optimistgardener yeeeah i mean like i see it but I wouldn’t ask. But dang if I didn’t get rocked be letrozole lol I always get every side effect from drugs 
  • Also, @kiki047 YGPM!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername i May do the letrozole one more time mainly for my husband to get closure but I think I’m just done honestly. I like the idea of embryo adoption I get to do all the parts I want but my addiction prone, crap fertility, fragile x carrier,  dyslexic genetics won’t get passed down lol I have a lot of peace with it I think. I’m sorry to hear your hitting some road blocks I’m not as good at understanding the numbers as others here but I definitely know the roller coaster ❤️ Hopefully TEW can have some Insight 
  • edited July 2021
    @acleverusername my jaw dropped too! part of it is just that i refuse to believe that October is really that close, but the other part of it is that October is really not all that close. It's just a really involved transfer protocol. Hopefully the clinic does it that way because they like the results! I'm kind of anxious about all that lupron, both because what if i need to be able to wake my ovary back up again afterwards 😴, but also mainly because the prospect of lecturing while suffering through what i presume will be some hellacious hot flashes sounds unappealing. I am sure I can get off the bc if it turns out I won't be doing a transfer in Oct. I lol'ed about the cycle math! (@bows22 and @bumblebee0210 too). I feel like my last three years have just been one endless game of "ok so if I bleed in three days then maybe i'll O on [grabs calendar, starts counting], and then that would mean..." I'm always coming up with elaborate excuses for why i need my calendar to be mysteriously completely open and flexible exactly 12 days in the future.
    As for your update and your question about cetrotide, firstly... I know it's disappointing that you're having an issue with non-recruitment of follicles, and you wish you could get more to join, but for those that have joined, they're making headway and hopefully you'll get a good crop from them! re: cetrotide, i will admit i was a little surprised that your doc started you on it so early. I can only pass along what my clinic did, but this was how it went down at my clinic: i know my doc probably started me on it a little later than he would have preferred... he was definitely surprised to find my lead already at 16 on the day he had hoped to see follicles in the 10-13 range. if he had found them in the 10-13 range, he would have started me on cetrotide 2 days later (right around the time the largest "would have" hit 16ish). Instead he put me on cetrotide the same day. I've read that most clinics put women on cetrotide after they've done 5-6 days of stims, which when i do  the math i was right in the ballpark on that. What day did you go on? I'm sure your doctor has a theory for their early application of cetrotide and i'd be curious to hear what it is!
    Edit to note that my E2 was 470ish when i went on cetrotride.

History
  • also @kiki047 re: PGT-A testing, my impression is that even though a relationship exists, it is not remotely close to a 1=1 type relationship, so there remain lots of morphologically beautiful embryos that turn out to be aneuploid and lots of so-so embryos that turn out to be euploid. apart from the article Clever posted, here's another with similar results. But it is my impression that there is not a huge amount of difference in euploidy rates between "good" vs "average" embryo grades, and any sort of embryo with fair grading on up has a solid chance of being euploid, so like your clinic said, it's not something that merits a lot of extra thought (as i've unfortunately allowed myself to do here, obviously). It's more when you start getting into the "excellent" vs "poor" range that things begin to look dramatic, but then we already knew that "poor" grade embryos have less impressive implantation rates than the pretty ones. @acleverusername i'll listen to your egg whisperer discussion later today sometime.
    History
  • @bumblebee0210 hurray for a normal blast! How many more cycles are you doing?

@kiki047 ugh it was so ridiculous! Didn't the US also do a shit job helping out India when they had major outbreaks earlier this year? 🤦‍♀️

@daisy0322 aw man you can't catch a break! That sucks that the HRT makes temping and OPKs pointless.

@acleverusername I definitely want to see an RI first before doing another FET. I just feel so lost on moving forward with it. Gotta figure out who will work best for us and if anyone is actually in network. Do I need to go through the BS of confirming my insurance covers the test? All that nonsense. If it helps with the GTKY, is there anything simple/small that is a big deal for you that makes your life easier?

@zwink1 oh yes heated seats! That was an absolute must when I bought my first new car a few years ago. Remote start is also fantastic to help warm up the cabin. Hope time goes fast until your consult!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @zwink1 heated seats makes me think of when my grandmother was still alive and my mom gave her a ride one winter day. she switched my gran's seat warmer on without warning her in advance. a few minutes later as its effects became apparent, my grandmother yelped in surprise and started feeling around her seat. after confirming that she had not, in fact, peed herself, she began interrogating my mother about this newfangled luxury. a few minutes later, she had basically melted into her seat, sighing occasionally in bliss.
    History
  • @optimistgardener my grandma had the same thoughts about heated seats too!! 😂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • You know what really sucks? Bloating / pain from your stims, on top of your period pain. Blergh! Also, I'm having diarrhea all day for some reason. Normally I have bowel issues when AF comes around, but I think it's made worse by the fact that I've been taking Miralax for the past few days to get ahead of "blockage" I might get. 

Anyway, sorry for the TMI... had to get it off my chest. 

@optimistgardener thanks for sharing your experience with Cetrotide and E2. I think my case is complicated (in terms of comparing to others') because I started mid-luteal phase, so any natural E2 rise isn't factored into my numbers (i.e. the natural E2 rise that happens in early follicular phase). Tomorrow, when I go for my monitoring, I'll need to ask if the E2 curve for mid-luteal starts is the same as for CD 2-3 starts. I suspect that not. As for not many follicles responding, I just keep telling myself that it's quality over quantity. I will wait and see what we end up with at ER, fert and blast rates. But I'm already preparing myself for 0 genetically normal embryos. And if that happens, I'll be looking to switch doctors. 🤷‍♀️Good luck with BCP! In terms of Lupron, here's a vid from TEW on how to survive Depo Lupron. 

@zwink1 thanks for sharing your ER experience. Did you end up doing multiple ERs? Glad that you were able to track down all the paperwork from the old clinic, and that the initial info from nurse was promising. 

@inthewoods23 Just keeping putting one foot in front of the other vis-a-vis RI. Maybe @keikilove can share the RI Facebook page she's refered Kiki to? 

@daisy0322 the embryo adoption makes a lot of sense for you. 

Quick update: my email to TEW yielded a puzzling/not reassuring response: "Question: why are we lowering your doses?" 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @acleverusername don't worry I'm already in that group! Just lurking and learning right now. Hope you start feeling better soon! Are you sure it wasn't something you ate?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @acleverusername TEW did ask a good question- are you going to bring that to your RE?

@zwink1 I’ve not had heated seats but my moms car has seat coolers and it’s amazing!

• Diagnosis (if you've been):  PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WFAF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Letrozole/Clomid combo, trigger, TI, progesterone 

How are things going?:  I had my post op follow up today. Total waste of 10 minutes. Literally she just said the results were benign (I knew that) and that we’re doing the protocol that we already discussed. I stopped the BC and will start next cycle when I bleed!

Any questions?: What are some lifestyle things and foods to thicken my lining? Every time I’ve taken Clomid it’s been on the thin side. Never thin enough to need estrogen, but I’d like to try to plump it up!

GTKY: Name a totally underrated item that you own and why you love it.
    Specialty ice cube trays for cocktails. Having large ice cubes for nicer drinks is very nice so it doesn’t water down the beverage!
  • @daisy0322 I'm not going to raise it to my RE because I know what his answer is going to be (he's repeated it often enough). This clinic's policy is to taper medications starting mid cycle to get more even growth of follicles. Every doctor does it differently, but you're right, TEW did raise an important question. Tomorrow will be a telling appointment. Today MH and I discussed potentially cancelling again. We shall see... 

@mokay19 Argh, sorry gurl... that is SO frustrating. Hopefully you'll get your bleed soon so this show can get on the road. IN terms of foods/lifestyle things, are you open to supplements? I believe @kiki047 had some great success with thickening up her lining with NAC and likely a bunch of other stuff. She can give you the deets.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername hahahaaha  :# eep that depo lupron survival guide is terrifying!
    History