Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Monday 7.26

What gift item(s) did you regret asking for once you actually owned it? Whether that be from your wish list as a kid or adult, or a registry.

Let Down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: GTKY Monday 7.26

• pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited July 2021
    Ooh, this is hard to pick just one. So many regrets from my wedding registry! Tie between my crockpot (instant pot is way quicker and more versatile) and a mandoline (seriously, just use a food processor and save your fingers and time!) 

Edit: spelling
  • I honestly don’t think I have anything…. Lol. Mostly like I buy myself stuff and regret it and return it. Lol. Or don’t like it and return it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @pajamstagrams everybody talks about how the slow cooker function on the IP is awful. I have attempted my italian beef recipe and the meat is so overcooked, even when I cut the cooking time by half. I barely use mine, but I don't care for a lot of the recipes I've seen. I guess I need to learn how to use it for the basics that I would normally cook on the stove. Or maybe I should try the desserts lol.

I regret putting a salad bowl on our registry. It matched with our plates, etc but like, when TF would I ever need to make a salad in a large bowl and then serve it out. If we make salad we're making our own individually. Just another serving bowl I guess.

The other thing I regret is the deep fryer. Our neighbor had us over years ago who had recently bought one and loved it for frying fish so we thought we'd like it too and added it to our registry. DH likes to make breaded calamari but by the time it was our wedding he already had a good system for making it in one of our skillet pans so we've never even used it. Not once. What's worse, no one actually bought it for us, we bought it to complete our registry since there was the discount!

And now I've been reminded of an off-registry item we got that we also haven't used (maybe once?) and should make that a GTKY.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I've never slowcooked in the instant pot, only pressure cooked. If I have time to cook it slow, I'll just use the oven and it will taste better anyway 😂 we mostly use it to make rice and cook meat, but I used to make broth in it for a while, and I've made yogurt too. If you do go for desserts, make sure you have another sealing ring! We have 3, one for broth (cause that sh*t STINKS), one for savory, and another, that rarely gets used, is for sweet, like yogurt. Otherwise your cheesecake will taste like meat or garlic or whatever you cook 🤢

Also, we have salad bowls too that i kinda regret. 😂 They just take up room and get used as chip bowls when we rarely have company. 
  • @pajamstagrams I'm in the IP group on FB and I see that all the time about having different sealing rings depending on what you're making. "why won't it stop smelling like the dinner I made weeks ago!?!?" lol.

I really should just get myself a cookbook for the IP to have more variety to choose from. There's so few recipes in the IP app that I'm even remotely interested in making. Which dwindled to less needing to be GF and DF of course! *sigh*
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • This one may be an UO but my air fryer. We used it once and now it just takes up room in my cabinet.

We used the IP a lot when we lived in my previous home but for some reason now I use the oven much more. Though I should get back to making daily oatmeal in it to help with alternate breakfasts.
  • @fameonmain2 oh no! We LOVE our air fryer!! We’ve used it so much it’s basically time for a new one. Haha. Unless we can find a replacement basket! French fries in there… yum!! 😋
  • I don't know that this was on a registry but I got a ginormous stock pot that if I needed I would love but I don't need and sadly never use. I feel terrible when I receive gifts I don't have a use for so it sits in my kitchen waiting for the day I need to make chicken soup for a small army.
  • @pinkkillersheep lol at your "make chicken soup for a small army". 

Sounds like I might have a UO-i hated my instant pot-but I bought it myself. Nothing every cooked right in it and I love that with a slow cooker you get the satisfaction of the smell of the delicious food you're cooking! It was nice for making yogurt tho!

I don't remember regretting any gifts I asked for, really. Like @paytonpedro I've regretted purchases and returned them, or just watched them sit unused because I'm lazy, lol.
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited July 2021
    I agree with @SmashJam. I don’t like our instapot. We’ve used it less than 5 times. But mh bought it. I much prefer the crockpot or Dutch oven. 
  • @SmashJam @paytonpedro I also hate the instant pot!!! Give me a good crock pot any day!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22