7.26 Weekly Check In for All

How Far Along?

Upcoming Appointments?

TTGP Grad?

IF/RPL/High Risk?

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie?

Re: 7.26 Weekly Check In for All

• Options
    How Far Along? 10+3

Upcoming Appointments? I go for the in-person portion of my first appointment tomorrow. Can't wait to see the little bub!

TTGP Grad?

IF/RPL/High Risk?

How are you feeling? so so so tired and over everything.

Rants/Raves? Rant - why is health insurance the most confusing, annoying thing ever? I've worked in various forms of (non-health) insurance my entire professional career and consider myself more informed than most and I still have no clue what's going on half the time. Our insurance randomly started billing us for my son's Early Intervention appointments which are 100% supposed to be free and I feel like they just bank on people not knowing what's going on/not checking so they can pocket the money. So annoyed.

Questions? NATM

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I am the baby and have an older brother and sister.
  • Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!

How Far Along? 9w6d

Upcoming Appointments? Next week!! I have a feeling the next 8ish days will drag on

How are you feeling? Ok this week, the nausea has lessened but I am still meh about making coffee just because I don't feel 100% yet. I am up and down when it comes to symptoms lessening, I have been making it a point to be very calm and unstressed about it this time around and so far I think it's going well. Emotions wise... I went OFF on hubby last night, he knows it's the hormones going nuts so he responded just enough to know he acknowledged what I was upset about but he didn't push any argument (smart on his end)

Rants/Raves? My kiddos did amazing this weekend with listening and overall behavior when we went to a family gathering. Even when we got home they played together fairly well without too much drama which was much needed since I was exhausted from being out and about during the day.

Questions? natm

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I have 3 total siblings. I'm the oldest, one brother is 1.5 years younger, and the second brother is 13 years younger. I also have 3 step-siblings I don't see very often.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How Far Along? 9+5

Upcoming Appointments? Next Friday is my next appointment and followup US

TTGP Grad? No

IF/RPL/High Risk? No

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Really just tired, having some intense cravings but I have to satisfy them immediately or it passes and then I just have wasted food. 🙃

Rants/Raves? We had SUCH a busy weekend. Fair, Waterpark, local town celebration where the kids took part in a donut hole eating contest. It was really great, but I need an extra day to recover from the weekend. 

Questions? No.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I am the oldest of 2 households. At my mom's house I am the oldest of 3. At my dad's I am the oldest of 5. 
  • Options
    How Far Along? 11+0

Upcoming Appointments? 
    Next Wednesday I have another US. They’re going to look at the NT

TTGP Grad? 
    Technically but wasn’t a very good participant

IF/RPL/High Risk? 
    High Risk - AMA, preterm birth, TMFR for sIUGR and chorioamniotic membrane separation with intermittent absent cord flow secondary to CHI. 

Coming up to the second trimester which is scary for me. It’s when the placenta starts taking over nourishing my baby. And if the medications I’m on aren’t effective, then we’ll start seeing my baby drop off their growth curve and decompensating. 

How are you feeling? 
    Physically okay most moments. Last night uber gassy so didn’t sleep well. So glamorous. But mentally I’m really trying to avoid as much as possible because I will likely have multiple panic attacks if I think too much about everything. 

Rants/Raves? 
    Hubs and I have been binging Friends. I think he’s only ever seen intermittent episodes so he’s really enjoying it. It’s been years for me and the jokes are still really funny. Though the sexism is less amusing. 

Questions? 
    Natm

my parents split when I was 3, so I have 1 younger brother and then step/half siblings. 

In total, I have 4 brothers, 2 sisters. Of blood relatives, I’m the oldest, but I have a step brother who is 1 year older. 

It goes
    Step brother 36, me 35, step brother 35, step sister 34, brother 33, half sister 28, half brother 26
  • Options
    How Far Along? 13 weeks
    Upcoming Appointments? US today to check on my spotting. Pap smear next week, yay!
    TTGP Grad? No
    IF/RPL/High Risk? No
    How are you feeling? Terrible. :s Nausea is wrecking my day to day. Luckily haven't vomited in a little bit. Exhausted. Had a tension headache the other night and day(damn stress). Just want to feel good for my wedding in 2.5 weeks and I haven't turned that corner and it makes me so sad.
    Rants/Raves? Rant: Just how I feel. Because I'm in a constant sick/tired mode, I am craaaanky! I feel bad for MH as we're trying to finish up last minute wedding stuff and I can't do much (without gagging) so I have to tell him to do everything. Just ready to feel a bit more like myself.
    Questions? natm
    GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? 4 brothers. 5 step siblings.
    SB, B, SS, B, B, SS, Me, SS, SB, B
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I hate health insurance now, its so expensive and covers nothing! Its such a joke, and like you say, super confusing! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I lied, I do have a question! What's the going rate for babysitters? I know it probably depends on where we live... We're going to a wedding on Wednesday and I have no idea! 7 year old boy--super hyperactive :D
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    How Far Along? 12+3 

Upcoming Appointments? I have an appt next Tuesday! 

TTGP Grad? Yep, from June 2019-may 2021 I mostly stayed in IF at the end. 

IF/RPL/High Risk? Secondary IF 

How are you feeling? I’m starting to feel a little better. Still not 100%. And I’ve started to have some round ligament pain if I get up too quickly. 

Rants/Raves? Our nipt results came back today! It only took 4 days! All low risk and we’re having another boy! My husband wanted a girl. But we’re both stoked for another little boy, and our son will be happy for a brother! A girl would have been fun, but I’m my heart I always felt like I’d be a boy mom. Besides that we had a busy weekend! I usually work on the weekends, but my husband is off for a staycation this week. We did some shopping Friday, and helped some friends move Saturday/checked out their new house. It’s a super nice house, we’re stoked for them. And then we went to the river yesterday with my in laws and husbands grandparents, and visited with my sister. The river wore us all out and we hopped in bed at like 8:45 😅

Questions? Natm 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I’m the oldest (27) . I have a sister who is two years younger than me, and two little brothers who are 7 and 12 years younger. I also have a brother who is older that was adopted when my dad was a teenager, and a half older sister on my bio moms side. But I don’t really know them well or see them often. 
  • Options
    @lexilougolden the going rate around here is $20/hr but I have a toddler and live in a pretty high cost of living area
  • Options
    @kaf1788 goodluck at your appt tomorrow! And I agree! Insurance is so annoying and confusing. My insurance got a little jacked up with this pregnancy and they take so long to adjust anything. It’s been frustrating. 

@angelob88 hope your week goes by quick! And that your nausea lessens soon!

@angelz429 thinking about you as you go into your second trimester. I hope everything goes smoothly, and your anxiety isn’t too bad.

@lexilougolden goodluck at your appt today! I hope it goes well, and that you start feeling better before the wedding! 

• Options
    How Far Along? 12w5d

Upcoming Appointments? 16 week on 8/23

TTGP Grad? yep!

IF/RPL/High Risk? no

How are you feeling? physically feeling a LOT better, though I've noticed that I tire more quickly when I walk, but I'm not needing naps anymore!!

Rants/Raves? I guess these are both rant and rave. I *think* I have a bump and officially transitioned to maternity pants, but it's one of those "am I fat/bloated or pregnant" bumps lol, I find myself touching it a lot in public so people know. Sh*t at work has hit the fan and I am starting to look for a new job...which I am very apprehensive about given that I only want to work for a few months before baby comes and then I am taking 16 weeks off, but I do have an "interests and goals" chat with what could be my "dream scenario" on Friday (two offices at this place have daycare in the same building or very nearby, I used to work at one of the daycares and interviewed at the other one so I know that I like them and their philosophies). 

Questions? Any tips/comments/advice on navigating a new job while being almost 4 months pregnant would be very helpful.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I go back and forth on this. biologically I am an only child and largely identify as such, but I do have 3 step siblings and refer to them as my sisters/brother for ease. So I'm either an only, or the youngest.
  • Options
    @kaf1788 health insurance is very needlessly complicated and they make you do all this work because hey, some people won't or don't know they could so they try to charge you more. I've heard similar things with hospital bills; if you ask for an itemized breakdown, they often update the bill to cost less.
    @modoodles that sounds like a very busy and very fun weekend!
    @angelob88 I feel you on the mood swings, it's like a rollercoaster every day of what will irk me :/
    @angelz429 fx you see those meds work <3 
    @lexilougolden fx your US comes back good and that you get a good answer on the spotting. please keep us posted <3 I've seen sitters go between 10-25$/hour, depending on experience and where you live. I used to be a sitter on Care[dot]com and have found that to be helpful.
    @photographerwife ahhhh congrats on the results coming back!!!! that weekend sounds so exhausting but also nice :)
  • Options
    @lexilougolden I have high schoolers in my neughborhood that I pay $10 an hour for 2 kids. 

I also pay $10 an hour when they’re only watching one of my kids though. 

Anything above high school is going to be $12-15 for 2 kids in my area. 

We have a drop in daycare place called KidsPark and they’re $8.75 an hour for the first kid and $4.75 an hour for second kid and $3.75 an hour for each subsequent kid. Or daily rate of $70 for first kid, $38 for second. I feel like if you have something like this in your area this is a good place to get like a basal rate. 
  • Options
    How Far Along? 11w4d

Upcoming Appointments? Not until August 12

How are you feeling? Symptoms are getting better. I'm tired today, but don't feel nauseous. The nausea seems to be more of an every other day thing now, as I did feel bad yesterday. 

Rants/Raves? Someone posted to my subdivision's FB page asking for daycare recommendations for infants because all the ones they've called are full through next June. What?! I'm not even through my first trimester and I'm already supposed to have my child care set up for next year???

Questions?  Nope

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I'm the middle. I have a sister who is 4 years older than me and a brother who is 10 years younger. 

@chgilmore I had a genetics test done before I was pregnant. The doctor said it would be $200, but we ended up getting a bill for almost $2,000. When I called about the bill and told them my doctor quoted me $200, they were acting like my bill was $200 all along. I'm sure they would have happily taken the $2,000 if I didn't call and ask about it. 
  • Options
    How Far Along? 10w5d

Upcoming Appointments? Next Friday for 12 week appointment and bloodwork/NIPT

TTGP Grad? Nope

IF/RPL/High Risk? PPROM at 34+6, post-partum pre-eclampsia

How are you feeling? Okay today. Hoping I'm on the uphill swing. Still nauseated but it's not hitting as hard as it has been. Have been having occasional headaches but pretty sure that's from needing to drink more water. 

Rants/Raves? Raves-more of an LOL but just got back from DS's 15 month check-up and his height was literally off the charts 99+%. I'm not surprised because DH and I are both tall as are our families but because he was a preemie we were off the charts in the other direction a year ago. His 2 week little doctor's report paper actually says -1%. How far we've come...

Rants-not even mad but just SMH....we went to DH's grandma's memorial this weekend at MIL's house. Bless her heart but she is just not a hostess. She put out a cheese and veggie tray that was demolished in 15 minutes and didn't want to refill it. Then she tried to hold off putting the meal out (which was really just little sliders and deli sandwiches) because she was hoping non-family members would leave. Didn't have enough seats for everyone to eat, only had beer/wine and water. I could go on and on. My family is huge so I'm just so used to having these huge elaborate events I guess, but I was just dying that everyone was so hungry and there was nothing for them to eat or space for them to be comfortable in the 90+ degree heat.

Questions? Not this pregnancy related but for those of you that have kiddos already...did you continue to give them Vitamin D drops past 1 year of age? I've been getting conflicting advice from the different pediatricians at the office we go to.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? 1 brother and I'm the oldest. 
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I hate health insurance! It is so frustrating and I was so clueless before my first pregnancy. Now I'm only 95% clueless. 100% agree that they try to take advantage, assuming people don't know better.
    @modoodles Wow, you're a rockstar! Claps for you for managing all of that this weekend. It sounds like a great time!
    @lexilougolden I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy this time leading up to the wedding! 
    @photographerwife Yay for being a boy mom! I feel like this baby is a boy too and totally agree with you on just 'feeling' like a boy mom!
    @chgilmore Haha I thought I was the only one that held my stomach just to make sure people realized it was a baby and not my stomach growing three sizes in a month! Solidarity! Also good luck with the job hunt! 
  • Options
    @effie0513 Yeah...I've heard that about daycare. some people seriously try to get on waitlists while TTGP because of how in demand good quality and affordable daycare is. so frustrating.
  • Options
    How Far Along? 11 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments? First trimester screening on Wednesday 

TTGP Grad?

IF/RPL/High Risk? RPL, AMA, thyroid things 

How are you feeling? I’ve been an anxious mess, which really makes no sense because I’ve passed all of my loss milestones/dates/whatever you want to call them. So that’s been interesting to deal with. 

Rants/Raves? I had my first appointment with my new OB (old one left the practice), and she was really good. She actually sat and listened to me explain my pregnancy anxiety. So that was nice. I usually just get told that “Everyone worries while pregnant.” 

Questions? For the first trimester screening, now that I’m AMA, are they going to list gender on any of the paperwork? We’re team green, so I don’t want that on any reports. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have and where in the order do you lie? I have 1 older sister. 

@photographerwife Congratulations! Being a boy mom is super fun. 

@lexilougolden I live in a small town and pay $10/hour for date nights. When I had DS2, we didn’t have any family close, so she actually came and stayed with DS1 while I was at the hospital. I was there almost exactly 24 hours. I think we gave her $300 dollars, or maybe a smidge more than that. 

@chgilmore I’m there with the “is she pregnant or just gaining weight” belly. I had family (with zero boundaries) mention my stomach in pictures over the weekend. We haven’t announced outside our immediate families (parents + siblings only) so I thanked them for pointing out my weight gain. 
  • Options
    @effie0513 That's how daycare is here. You have to get on every list basically the second you find out you're pregnant. One of the lists we got on in my first trimester finally called me with an open spot when my son was 1  :s. That being said, it somehow always seems to work out! I've never met anyone who wasn't able to find a spot in time to go back to work. I'm lucky this go-round because my son is at a sweet at-home daycare who I assume will save me a spot for the new baby (although now I'm thinking I should probably verify that sooner than later...)
  • Options
    @makingbacon wow that's so rude of them! aren't we supposed to past commenting on others' weight?! ugh. I'm glad you had a good experience with your new OB though :)
  • Options
    @makingbacon they might for the NIPT. I literally already know the gender and my midwife told me like 500 times not to open the NIPT results before they call if I don’t want to know. 
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    How Far Along? 11w4d

Upcoming Appointments? Tomorrow! NT Scan (still doing it and the bloodwork even though I did the advanced NIPT) 

TTGP Grad? No

IF/RPL/High Risk? All the above

How are you feeling? Not too bad. Less anxious after getting the NIPT results. The Doppler helps too (except for last night when I couldn’t find him). 

Rants/Raves? I have almost zero symptoms which is really nice. The odd headache but I can still 💩. Energy is defiantly coming back but I get winded so easily. 

Questions? None right now. 

I have two sisters and I’m the oldest(1984). My middle sister is 19m younger(1985) and my little sister is 4 years younger(1988). 
    My middle sister and I graduated highschool together. They changed the curriculum in her year. I was the last of the OAC/Gr13 Grads and she was the first of the UNI12 grads - so weird going to prom with her and her friends. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @chgilmore My family does it all the time. It was a really big deal to them both times I had the boys that I lose the baby weight quickly. I’m lucky in the fact that I did lose baby weight decently fast, but I’m not looking forward to the comments again. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon I am eye-rolling on your behalf <3