Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 7.19

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7.19

• Options
    I’m looking for gardening help!

@optimistgardener are you actually good at gardening? Haha I’m looking for help on figuring out what kind of peppers these are!

I planted all seeds from a poblano packet, however, only one of the plants is a poblano! I have no idea what the smalls light ones are!  (Pics in spoiler)

• Options
    @mokay19 i don't claim to be an expert gardener, but i do believe i can id these peppers for you! my best guess is hungarian wax pepper.

I grew them last year. they're excellent for pickling and also good (if slightly spicy!) for fresh eating as well. they will eventually go orange/red if you leave them long enough, and they get spicier as their color continues to evolve. your plants look beautiful! congrats on an excellent fruit set.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol. i just actually looked at the link i sent you and the photo of the fruit there doesn't look much like yours. for whatever it is worth, the hungarian wax peppers i grew last year looked like yours.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @mokay19 holy moly! My peppers are so SMALL compared to that plant! I'm no help identifying though.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener oh great! I tried one the other day to see if I could tell the taste at all and it was much spicier than I expected so these sound reasonable for what they could be! 
    Now, my next step will be to figure out how long to wait to harvest and then what to do with them haha

@SmashJam this is my first successful year growing things, so I’m very excited! But, I was planning things around having poblanos and now need to shift my focus haha
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @mokay19 Are they still edible even if spicy? You decide when you harvest them, but know that the more mature they are, not only will they be sweeter but also probably spicier. A bit of trade-off there. Pickling peppers is pretty straightforward and if you're not into hot water-bath canning, you can always just do refrigerator pickles. they're pretty and make for great snacks/sandwich amendments/throwing into pasta and onto pizza and the like.
    Looks like you'll also get a not-insignificant number of poblanos even though it turns out you only have the one bush! A+ fruit set. I'm jealous.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I googled and thought hungarian wax pepper too. I have paprikas that are yellow but they are huge and growing straight up in the air, which is weird. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam i have a few peppers that grow straight up in the air! it's often something that really hot peppers do, but this year i also have a sweet pepper that is following that growth pattern.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener @SmashJam so much of my research shows hot peppers growing in the air and I was confused why mine were droopy! 

I taste tested another one tonight. Holy heck it was even spicier than my test last week haha they’ve only been showing fruit for a couple weeks so I think I’ll leave them be for a little longer and see! 

My tomato plants are being a little aggressive that I’m nervous the fruit itself will be really small... I guess I’ll see in a few weeks! 🍅 🌶
  • Options
    @mokay19 i dunno if you're into such things, but i love making a salt-fermented hot chili sauce with the calabrian chillies i grow every year. if your yellow peppers are hot enough that they're maybe not casual snacking peppers, you might look into such a thing. i am a total sucker for hot sauce and find the salt ferment makes for a really subtle, complex taste. if you're interested i can look for the specific recipe i use but the basic idea is all over the internet.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener yes, I’m very interested in hot sauce!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @mokay19 Prepare for a novel.
    I'm gonna spoiler the links, but the basic idea is you make a salt-water bath (brine) that you soak chopped chili peppers in for some days/weeks (my peppers are usually fermented and soft around 3 weeks but ymmv), then run the softened peppers and a bit of brine through a blender (an excellent day to wear eye goggles and and n95 mask because you're gonna pepper gas your kitchen--i often do this step outdoors) and store the results in the fridge. there is debate as to whether to remove seeds or not. I leave them in because they up the heat considerably and I love pain, but others take them out at the fermentation stage. Arguably, you could run the resulting sauce through a foley mill or similar to remove the seeds, but I'm lazy and don't mind seeds so they stay in.
    If you look around the internet, some recipes recommend adding other stuff like onions, carrots, etc. I have experimented with this, but I find that the results do not taste as good and are more liable to go bad than a straight pepper/garlic ferment. Also there are varying theories on how much salt to use. Lots of folks go with 2Tblsp/1 quart of water. I would be a little generous above that, maybe more like 3 tablespoons. Others say to go even higher. More salt = less chance of growing other, bad stuff, in your ferment, but also more salt means the resulting sauce may wind up being really salty.
    You have to babysit the resulting ferment daily, unless you have a special lid, to "burp" the ferment. Otherwise the jar may explode as carbon dioxide builds up inside the jar. I sort of enjoy the process and love watching bubbles escape from the mix as i press everything down with a spoon. I've made straight jalapeno ferments, which i think taste amazing, and have also made red chili ferments mostly with my calabrians but also throwing in some red jalapenos from the garden, some cherry bombs I found at the store, and some hot wax peppers. Since you have loads of hot wax peppers or something similar, maybe think about what you'd want to do both in terms of the final flavor and also what color you want your sauce to be. You could go pure and keep it yellow, or add some red chillies or jalapenos to alter the final color.
    Anywhere, here are some links:
    The basic idea is pretty well-described here: https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipes/fermented-hot-sauce/. They add a fair quantity of vinegar, but you'll find that other recipes use no vinegar at all https://www.fermentedfoodlab.com/easy-lacto-fermented-hot-sauce/. I like a bit of vinegar but not as much as the first recipe suggests.
    I like this other site (https://cultured.guru/blog/pepper-fermentation-recipe-how-to-ferment-peppers) even though they're not actually making hot sauce but just fermented peppers, since they talk about the ferment process and how it progresses day by day.
    All the sites talk about what they either call pellicle or kahm yeast. Kahm yeast is a harmless growth that sometimes turns up on salt ferments that looks gross but is nothing to worry about. Adding vinegar after the ferment process seems to dissuade the yeast. If you do see it turn up in your fermenting peppers or in the finished product (mine often arrives a couple of months after I finish and refrigerate the sauce) just scoop it off the top with a spoon and add a generous dash of vinegar.
    History
  • Options
    This thread is making me hungry!

I could go for a spicy pickle right now. 🤤🤤
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @mokay19 I wish I would have jumped on this thread sooner. My guess was going to be banana peppers (which are identical to Hungarian wax but less spicy) but if they’re very spicy then @optimistgardener is likely correct!! In my area its popular to stuff then with bread crumbs and different cheese mixes and cook them in a frying pan! Peppers also freeze very well. 

This is the closest link to what I was talking about that I could find on google. 

• Options
    @paytonpedro omg dude, how am i going to make it to lunch now? stuffed and pan-fried peppers sound amazing.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I’m sorry. But they are! 100% recommend!!!
  • Options
    @optimistgardener thank you so much for all the info! I’m glad I have a little time to figure this out and get what I need. I think I’ll be doing a little bit of each since I have so many!

@paytonpedro omg my mouth is watering at that link! I’ll have to test some of those, too! Thank you!
  • Options
    TB has some new badge icons

I'd share it but my computer will not let me paste my screenshot!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    we have badges?
    History
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 i made the mistake of opening that thing while here on vacation. so gross. whyyyyyyy
    History
  • Options
    it's not even like these folks need to read the rules to know this isn't the place. like, look at our boards for just HALF A SEC before you post. are they littered with shots of toilet paper, hpt tests, or whatever? no! take it somewhere where that stuff is for some weird reason considered acceptable.
    History
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    lol @peytonpedro that made me so mad. listen peggy I’ve been on this forum for over 2 years I think I know a thing or 2 about what’s supposed to happen here 
  • Options
    @bows22 I’ve never met such supportive women anywhere else on the internet. So it was pretty offensive to me. Y’all are the greatest! ❤️❤️
  • Options
    Isn't it literally in the rules "no bodily fluids"??
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I'm not super active on here like I was in my BMBs but I knew that tmi post wasn't going to go over well. I was half expecting someone to come in to WK. 

Also, I'm really trying to get more active but work has dropped a few bombs on us this last week and life got hectic.

I'm not a big fan of really spicy stuff. Crazy, being that I was born and raised in the south, but my brother grows a few varieties of peppers each year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte the thing about that post for me is that, barring the extremely eww quarantine-behind-a-wall-forever-dear-god-no photo, the rest of it is like a textbook case for the tww crazies. "wait, is that gas i feel or a magical sign of life in my tum?! it must be new life!!" so to that extent i am forgiving. but the photo is really just inexcusably beyond the pale.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener ngl i just skimmed the post itself when i saw it was a novel :joy:
  • Options
    I’m going to put this in a spoiler regarding a missing bumpie….

I noticed the other day that business wife and all content was deleted! I hope she’s ok! Does anyone know what happened?? @wifeybusinesslady if you’re reading this I’m thinking of you and I hope you’re ok!! ❤️

• Options
    @peytonpedro i noticed the same and have been sending her all my biggest <3 vibes hoping things are ok.
    History
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited July 2021
    @paytonpedro @optimistgardener I’m sure she’s fine. She posted a goodbye post on her BMB before she left and (I assume) asked for all of her info to be deleted. I don’t want to continue any unnecessary drama so I’ll leave it at that (for now at least haha) 

edit - to clarify, it had nothing to with her pregnancy 
  • Options
    thanks @bows22 that's good news
    History
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited July 2021
    Edit - @paytonpedro @optimistgardener sending you a PM