Baby Names

Eloise Isabella?

My husband and I both like Eloise, and Isabella is my great grandma. I think both names are very pretty, but Eloise Isabella is a mouthful. Is it too much of a tongue twister? Our last name is one syllable, starting with an H. Big sister is Cora Ann.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Eloise Isabella?

• How often will you be using her full name? My niece goes by her first and middle name, so if that's the case it might be a bit much. If you mainly go by her first name and reserve the first+middle for when she's in trouble, I think it's fine.

FWIW, I love the name Eloise and I think Eloise Isabella has a nice flow even if it is a bit of a mouthful. Eloise is a top contender for us, but I'm worried that she might get called Wheezy. 
  • It’s a bit of a mouthful, but like PP said, you probably won’t use it all much. As an alternative you could try something like Eloisa to try and still honor your great grandmother (the “isa” part anyway)
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Eloise with a short last name and it goes nicely with sister Cora. It’s definitely a mouthful especially compared with Cora Ann but I wouldn’t worry about that if Isabella has special meaning to you and you don’t plan to say it out loud all the time.
  • Thank you all for the input! I almost never say my daughter's middle name, I think we'd very rarely be seeing/saying the whole thing. 

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really like Eloise. It's at the top of our list. Go for it! I agree with the above poster that it only is an issue if you say the full name out loud a lot. Isabella is very pretty too.