How far along are you?: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What hobbies do you have? 

Re: Weekly Check-in 7/19

• Loading the player...
  • @rgn12 I played sax in high-school! So fun!
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @rpreston17 oh no, sorry about your back! I hope that you you’re able to to find some relief very soon! That’s awesome that you played sax too! Those were definitely the best years for me (high school), before it became too serious and stressful. I do miss those days a lot, the passion and excitement. Music school beat me down a bit, and it became a super stressful thing rather than a fun thing. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @melbel0824 same here! I started end of high school/early undergrad and have so much stuff but haven’t touched it in probably ten years 🙈
  • bkjadebkjade member

How far along are you?: 17 weeks

Upcoming appointments: this thursday!

How are you feeling?: feeling great. i've been able to get back to running and working out and cooking and it is so nice to have those things back. I still am zapped by the end of the day but i'm pretty sure that's just how i am going to feel forever lol. i am emotionally a bit violatile, everything makes me v emotional (good, bad, sad, all of it!) so figuring out how to best acknowledge my feelings without dumping them on my fam has been a little bit tiring, but i think i'm doing pretty good for the most part. looking forward to my visit this week to further shake off those PGAL feels. 

Rants/Raves: Rant! My entire family lives on the west coast where my mother's memorial is being held and my father is arguing with my mother's sisters about what time it is to be held. I'm on this terrible group text and they keep trying to use me as a reason "This would probably be better for her since she's flying in" and i'm like guys, i don't give AF but i don't think anyone is listening :D it could be at 8AM or 5PM or noon, i really just want out of the text chain lol. 

Questions: How much leave are y'all planning on taking and when do you plan on starting it?

GTKY: What hobbies do you have? I have so many lol. I play the cello, I love running, teach yoga, and am a member of the local mycological society and love foraging for mushrooms. I love working in the garden, sewing, knitting, baking, cooking, ballet, camping, hiking and skiing and being in the outdoors in general. I am a sommelier so I collect (and drink) wine and also enjoy all things food and beverage that don't involve my actual job lol.

@rgn12 - oooh me too, but I play the cello. I've been in touch with a string ensemble here in brooklyn that keeps asking me to play with them but it freaks me out bc i don't want it to be stressful either. I also would like something a bit more challenging than just playing at home but idk what that magical thing is lol. 

@melbel0824 - i also love reading, what kind of books do you enjoy? 100 is awesome! I'm shooting for 52 this year but I fell so far behind in my first trimester zombie days  :'(
  • @rgn12 Same! And I have some of my granny's scrapbooking stuff from before she passed and I feel guilty thinking about giving it away but I just can't see myself getting back into it. 

@bkjade I really only read fiction, but I'll read pretty much anything with a good recommendation. I don't love horror, but I do like a good thriller. I only read romance for a while, but I've expanded past that now. 
  • @mockingjay1 That's so exciting about your a/s! Hope it goes well and no one spills the beans! And my daughter was all over the place with emotions when she got home. They said she did good and ate all her food but I wish they sent pictures!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade that is awesome! I secretly want one of my kids to play cello, I just love that instrument so much!! I totally understand though, I’d like to get back out there eventually too. I need to start practicing at home first though, I am very rusty haha

@mockingjay1 I hope your a/s goes well this week!! 

@brookert615 can you elaborate on the magnesium lotion??? I sometimes have sciatic issues as well and would love to know more about that!

@melbel0824 that’s tough with the sentimental stuff, I’d feel the same! I also don’t really see myself getting back into it any time soon since it’s been ten years. But I did like it at one time! I am one of those Pinterest wannabe moms that fails at crafty things these days 😂
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @kaitcrystalline ahh yay!!! I’m glad your scan went well, and hopefully the placenta won’t pose an issue once you get closer to delivery!! FX for you! 
  • @mockingjay1 I’m glad everything was good with your scan! My favorite book this year has been The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry. It’s more of a romance but it had a great story. I read the first few Bridgerton books this year and they were cute. For historical fiction I like Phillipa Gregory. The Alice Network was a good WW2 book. It kind of spanned both WW1 and 2. 
  • @kaitcrystalline That is awesome that little girl is doing well! FX that the placenta moves! And that is so cool that you do calligraphy! Designing invites and doing calligraphy full-time is my dream haha!
    TW
  • @melbel0824 - my scan is tomorrow, but hopefully it will go well :) I will have to check out Phillipa Gregory. Oh I love Kate Quinn. I highly recommend her other two books.

@kaitcrystalline - congratulations on having a girl! Hopefully your placenta will move and you won't need a c-section. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited July 2021
    Had my anatomy scan today. I won't get official results until tomorrow when the MFM reads the ultrasound, but my OB said preliminary results are normal. Baby wasn't the most cooperative. The tech couldn't get a profile shot or some kind of blood flow through vessels around the heart. My OB said a lot of scans don't even do that blood flow measurement and that about 25% of people have to come back later to get it because it's difficult to get that early I guess. I won't have that repeat ultrasound until 28 weeks. Seems like forever away, but I know it will fly by. I am so thankful everything looked ok (hopefully the MFM will confirm tomorrow). Pretty sure we have another very ornery boy on our hands (we're team green, but this baby already reminds me of my second haha).

I also got the first dose of the covid vaccine. I'll be glad to have both of those done and be protected especially with this delta variant spreading so easily. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @bkjade we had a cello at our wedding, it's mine and DH's fave! That's awesome that you play!

Not 100% sure, but will probably take 8-10 weeks off. I have a ton of vacation time banked plus short term disability. On the other hand, I like working so would probably go crazy if I was off for too long. I'm planning to work right up to the end.

@brookert615 hows your daughter doing with daycare? My DD's daycare isn't great about sending pictures either - it's annoying.

@mockingjay1 and @RDFree32 glad things looked good at your anatomy scans <3

How far along are you?: 18 weeks

Upcoming appointments: Nothing this week or next

How are you feeling?: Generally ok, but still tired all the time.

Rants/Raves: there's some stuff going on with DH and his work that is kind of crappy. But we're all happy and healthy so trying not to complain. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What hobbies do you have? Cross-stitch and reading. I was into genealogy for a while and would like to get back into that eventually. 

• @PYLWhammy They said she's okay, but she's just been WILD after we pick her up. Sorry about your husband dealing with crappy stuff at work - hope it gets better! 
    TW