Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Fri-YAY 7.23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:  

GTKY: If you were at an amusement park, where would we find you? (specific kind of ride, concessions, water park, etc.)

Re: WTO Fri-YAY 7.23

• Month/Cycle: 25/4 AL

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Clomid & TI, PNV, OPKs

R/R: I got a lot of cleaning and laundry done yesterday. Only a bit more to do today and then packing is on my to do list. My best friend has practically been adopted by my family and gets invited on our family vacation every year so she and her BF are driving up from Pittsburgh tonight and staying here! I will likely be absent from TB next week though I may lurk and love tit.

CS/Q:  

GTKY: If you were at an amusement park, where would we find you? (specific kind of ride, concessions, water park, etc.)

Ooooh all the roller coasters!! 

• pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited July 2021
    @gingermama29 have fun on your vacation next week! Glad to see you're also a roller coaster kinda gal! 

Month/Cycle: 2AL
    CD: 10
    WAYDTGKU: benched
    R/R: WFH Friday never felt so good. I'm exhausted this week, and had a sore-ish throat for over two weeks now (I think it's from vax #1 🙄, since DH isn't even remotely sick) 
    CS/Q:  nope

Let's pretend I'm my old early 20 something self, with smaller boobs....definitely roller coasters! But now that I'm old, I black out on them so I can really only go on the super new, smooth, low-G ones. And definitely have to wear a sports bra or at least hold the girls on the wooden coasters 😂

I hate water parks with a passion so you'll never find me there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @pajamstagrams I hope your sore throat gets better. And yesss to roller coasters though I haven’t been on one in years. I’m curious why you hate water parks? I love them!
  • @gingermama29 fun! Enjoy your vacation!

@pajamstagrams oh yeah, definitely gotta support the girls! I'm also flabbergasted at the women who don't wear their hair up on rides. How much of a knotted mess does it get?? I've heard too many horror stories of hair getting ripped out or scalped 😬

Month/Cycle: 9 AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: gf/df diet, covid vaccine

R/R: woohoo Friday! Got a busy weekend coming up. Graduation party tomorrow, then a baptism Sunday (becoming a Godmom :) ).

CS/Q: I've never had such consistent temps. Somehow still haven't jinxed myself

Roller coasters, duh! I love the big thrills!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @gingermama29 haha, since you asked...
    (Damn this got a little deep too, did some internal reflection 🤔)

Basically it boils down to having miserable experiences at water parks when I was in Jr high and high school (Seriously, whyyyy was every band trip to a water park?) I've injured myself twice, and I burn super easily, plus have super sensitive feet, so walking around on hot concrete/standing on hot wood for rides is torture. Of course I would wear water shoes & long sleeved SPF 50+ shirts now because IDGAF, but in junior high?? (The horror! The shame!) 

I like pools and beaches though, and I treat those as half day or less activities. And I don't need to worry about my bottoms flying off on a slide 😂

I will say that I have very fond memories of water parks when I was in elementary school, but they weren't located in the South.  And then I think I just outgrew them, and like every self conscious teenage girl, hated being in a swim suit in front of her peers because I wasn't "skinny" 🤷‍♀️ 
  • @inthewoods23 I know, right?? I show up with sunscreen, hats, sports bras, and quick dry clothing, and see all these people dressed up for a club, and I'm like wtf? To each their own (and they certainly look better than I do 😂)  but as someone who works in safety at times, and has done a ton of risk assessments, I see *every* potential situation. Loose hair and jewelry just scares me on a rollercoaster. 

• @pajamstagrams SPF shirts FTW! I bring one of those on our trip to the lake in the summer for the times when my shoulders get a little burned and need more coverage than my swimsuit coverup can provide. DH and I have been really diligent with reapplying in recent years so now I come back from a week out in the sun with some color. There's usually a spot of 2 that didn't get enough sunscreen (like my nose!) but we did good this year. 

I saw a lot of girls in crop tops at Six Flags when we went. Maybe even a few in tube tops. And quite a few in sandals. I had on Skecher's walking shoes that have some kind of memory foam sole - perfect for all the walking and standing. My feet were still aching at the end of the day. I can't imagine in a sandal with little support. I certainly think as you get older you go for comfort over style.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 and @pajamstagrams I'm with you on the thick layer of sunscreen and long sleeve SPF shirt. I used to care about wearing flattering, showy swimsuits and now I just throw the shirt on and maybe after 5 o'clock I'll take it off.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks

R/R: I'm anxiously awaiting what my body will do over the next few days. Will CBAD give me a static smiley face? Will my cheap opk show a dark line? Will I see a bbt shift? It seems like the signs are trending that way but I got excited last time and crashed head first into an anovulatory cycle. Hopefully I get some predictable indications this time and can feel positive about our outlook.

CS/Q:  none

I worked as a lifeguard at a water park for 3 summers in my youth, so I always end up at the water park evaluating the lifeguards. I have a LOT of stories from that time. Other than that, I enjoy the rides that slowly move you around the park for the people watching.