March 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms, 7-19 - 7-23

Have anything random to say? Put it here!

Re: Weekly Randoms, 7-19 - 7-23

• Options
    You guysss I am so exhausted. I am definitely coming down with a cold, had insomnia middle of the night, and now I need to somehow work a 12-hour day. I am not loving this schedule.
  • Options
    @jessier19 Oh girl, that sounds miserable! Fx you get some good sleep after your long day.

Another morning of swimming lessons here. We're on week 2 of 2, so almost done. It's actually been going surprisingly well hauling 3 kids to the YMCA every morning! Also, still can't do coffee this morning, so instead I'm enjoying a caffeinated fizzy blackberry lemonade.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jessier19 I feel you on the exhaustion. Yesterday it was a struggle to get out of bed to do anything. I’m traveling over to Spain next week and working on site long days. I’m going to have to do some good faking being ok and just trying to survive the days. I’m sure you will get through your 12 hour day and hopefully the energy levels will be better soon.  

@smoresdoeuvres missing out on the morning coffee routine is the worst!  I hope this subsides soon for all the coffee lovers. 
  • Options
    @jessier19 I totally feel you on the exhaustion! I didn't get half of what I was supposed to get done at work yesterday finished because I was too beat to focus properly. Gonna be a long week! @Sarah0335 hope your energy levels rise before you travel next week! I am working from home this week (which is so fortunate) but am back in the building next week and I'm already nervous about it. 

I got up this morning to find my cat puking up her breakfast. Decided I couldn't deal with it and got DH up an hour early to clean it up. Sorry not sorry. 
  • Options
    gayu1107gayu1107 member
    edited July 2021
    I am running on the 5 th  week now... I called my ob to make a appointment , they said they ll see me after 7 weeks... no blood work/test or anything. Is this normal to be seen after 7- 8 weeks for the first time?? Also, I ve been having full cramps on and off, is that normal?
  • Options
    @gayu1107 i know it's hard to wait, but that's super normal. A lot of places won't typically see you until then (or later) unless there's a history of loss. There's not a lot they could do anyway. I'm going before then, but they will just have me pee in a cup (and put what amounts to a home test in it) and tell me all the stuff i can't do now that i'm pregnant. :smile:
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited July 2021
    @gayu1107 Totally normal :) I have a phone appointment this week but it's mostly because of my loss history. My first real appointment won't be until after my 1st scan at 8+1 and I always save my blood pannel until I go for my NIPT so I won't be getting that done until closer to 11 weeks:)

ETA the cramps are totally normal too!
  • Options
    @gayu1107 totally normal. I only had a dating ultrasound and my first appointment is now at 9 weeks. I had a lot of cramping, which is normal. I miss the cramping because it was preferable to the current nausea. The waiting is painful, but totally normal :)
  • Options
    @gayu1107 I won't be seen until almost 9 weeks. My docs have always waited until 8-10 weeks. Waiting can be hard!
  • Options
    @jessier19 the twelve hour days are so rough. Just worked 4 out of the last 5 and am literally just sitting here in my car. In my driveway. Unable to get out of the car. Debating just sleeping here. Kidding…but not really.
  • Options
    I don't know how those of you who are working are doing it. The exhaustion hit hard yesterday and I can barely keep my eyes open throughout the day 😴
  • Options
    @Panaceia it was killing me today. I'm so thankful to be permanently WFH so I can lay down for a few minutes as necessary. Not that it's a competition, I honestly think the exhaustion is easier to manage working than caring for young kids!! 
  • Options
    @Panaceia I agree with @Patience7150! Working in front of a computer while in the first tri is hard but doable. But chasing around a toddler all day long while in the first trimester? That feels 1000 times harder.

• Options
    @Panaceia thankfully I'm still WFH so I can sneak in some naps or at least work from the couch. I am really hoping that my morning sickness doesn't persist because I'm definitely not as productive. I also agree with @Patience7150, it is also exhausting taking care of kids. My daughter was home with me on Monday bc her daycare was closed and it was hardddd. She doesn't let me watch her from the couch lol.
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 I went to Spain for my honeymoon. Which part of Spain will you be travelling to?

@Panaceia I am WFH, and have been yawning during all of my meetings. Fortunately, I take some naps when I can to survive!

• Options
    @Car0liiine No tips on surviving it other than staying near the shade and staying hydrated. You could blame heat stroke for the nausea? Or say you have a migraine? But if your bloat is anything like mine it might be hard to hide:/ Have fun though!!!!! Hopefully you'll feel well enough to enjoy it at least a little bit ❤
  • Options
    @Car0liiine I'm no help but have you started unisom/b6? sorry if you already mentioned it. My last successful pregnancy, the combo was a lifesaver.  
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 San Sebastián, northern Spain bordering France. My company is actually based there so I usually go a couple times a year (before covid). I would love to get back to more traveling post baby.  
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 Have a great time! We went to Barcelona, Mallorca, and Madrid.
  • Options
    @Car0liiine one way I "hide" my nausea is to never get hungry. Snack all day, as healthy as you can (but I mean if there's brownies 🤤) and drink fluids. I hope it helps!
  • Options
    Went to get my bloodwork for my endo today. I have hypothyroidism and have to get check every 4 weeks during pregnancy. My levels were finally stable. Here we go again. Bleh
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Our department at work has volunteered to help pack boxes for shipment because our production departments are short staffed.  I worked in the warehouse yesterday and holy cow, being on my feet all day was a challenge.  I've had jobs like that in the past (teaching) but it's been a while.
    Kudos to anyone working production jobs
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers