Trying to Get Pregnant

IF testing/treatment week of 7/19

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):  

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  

How are things going?:  

Any questions?:  

GTKY: Who/what group was your first concert? 

Re: IF testing/treatment week of 7/19

• Loading the player...
  • bows22bows22 member
    @kiki047 Sharon Lois and Bram was my first concert too!! I was thinking, I wonder if that counts, and laughed when I saw your answer. If they’re Canadian they must have done a US tour too haha 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @kiki047 also I got distracted but I would ask them to run whatever you want. I don’t think you need to tell them you may jump ship. They’ll still get paid for whatever they do for you. 
  • @kiwi2628 gah I can only imagine how impatient you must be feeling! Good luck- I will definitely be thinking of you ❤️

@kiki047 ask for whatever text you want! It won’t hurt. Most the doctors I’ve worked with wouldn’t care and most of them don’t actually want a lot of details lol for better or worse most aren’t real personable even if they learn to have a good bedside manner 😂there’s exceptions of course though! 
  • @bows22 well now I feel slightly cooler because Sharon, Lois and Bram must've been legit if they also did US tours. I googled them and had no idea they were still active up to, and even after, Lois' death in 2015. Legendary! 
    @optimistgardener thank you to you and @bows22, that makes me feel better and slightly less guilty that I feel like I'm using them to bridge the gap. I do feel they both bring something different to the table, so barring any horrific experiences that make me not want to stay with either one of them, I'm hoping I made the right choices here. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Also waiting to do a proper check-in until after I hear back from my doctor (hopefully today!). 

@kiki047 I echo everyone else’s sentiments about getting the tests sooner. Best to have as much info as possible before seeing the next doctor. 

@inthewoods23 Love that you’re getting the vaccine, FX it encourages your immune system to allow healthy implantation. I’ve been hearing a few stories online recently of other women feeing like the vaccine helped them be more fertile. Just a word of caution with the antihistamine protocol: consider holding off on it in the few days after your shots. You don’t want to dampen your body’s desired immune response to the vaccine. Re: your question about vaccine & ovulation: I don’t have an answer for you lol. But maybe this is related? So after my retrieval my RE said I’d get my period in 2 weeks. It took that long after my first retrieval too. Instead AF just showed up on Day 10 after retrieval. I’m not sure if it arriving early has anything to do with getting the vaccine after retrieval, or the fact that I got off all the immunosuppressant meds. Maybe getting off my meds also shortened my cycle. 🤷‍♀️ 
  • @keikilove I agree about just wanting to have more answers sooner. In theory all the results should be in the same ranges, no matter who runs them, and they all get paid no matter what so... I think I'm overthinking this lol. 
    As for your shortened cycle, maybe it was all of the above? We know stress on its own can affect your cycles so it's out out of the realm of possibility that the desired immune response following the vaccine, as well as you coming off your meds, and you having just had another ER could all contribute to your cycles being affected. 
    @inthewoods23 yes, I went with this clinic because they market themselves as a full-service fertility centre which includes treatment for immune issues, should I need them. Which also makes me think that if they treat you for those kinds of issues, that they should also be more open to testing for the things I want to be tested for, like NKCs, which other clinics seem to brush off. We'll find out soon enough I guess. 
    @daisy0322 I agree that most doctors wouldn't care so I think I'm just spoiled that my RE has been wonderful (he sent me an email this morning to check in and let me know again that they sent my records over as requested). Maybe I'm setting my expectations too high that I'd "click" like that with any other provider because I know this is not the norm. Tbh I'm expecting to like the first one in terms of his personality and bedside manner, but hate the second one because he's cocky but is supposedly "the best". 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Diagnosis (if you've been):  unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  still debating on next steps (@acleverusername - this is the answer to your question from the other week)

How are things going?:  Going on vacation!!!  Excited about that.  Otherwise, I’m in between :)

Any questions?:  NATM

GTKY: Who/what group was your first concert? Lol, does my band concert count?  I honestly didn’t go to many concerts for band groups.
  • @keikilove oh super good point about the antihistamines! I should definitely not use those this cycle now that you say that. If I want this cycle to be as similar to last time for success I better not add that variable. I've checked around a few medical clinics and should be able to get an appointment early next week so that my body is still working on an immune response come time for implantation. As I recall last time I think I got the MMR 4 days before O, but I'll have to check.

@kiki047 GL!

@laura-kay what kind of vacation are you going on? Enjoy!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Also waiting for a checkin until after my baseline tomorrow, but in the meanwhile: 

@kiki047 YOU DO NOT OWE ANYTHING TO YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDERS. I have to fight the urge of "I don't want to impose" so hard all the time. They are doing their job and getting paid for it; they're not dolling out free favors (and yeah, gov't doesn't pay private healthcare rates, but doctors still make a sh*t tonne of money in Canada.) So, by all means, get tested twice (I think it really comes down to how many times you want to get poked, but I'm sure you're used to that by now.) 

@inthewoods23 sorry about your BFN; I'd been hoping it does the trick for you. Also know that feeling when... you really don't want anyone to discover your fertility artifacts. Hopefully the Covid vaccine does the trick! Also, I got my vaccine in FP, and it didn't delay my ovulation. But I think everyone reacts differently. 

@laura-kay glad to hear you're thinking about next steps; it's best to do that thinking thoroughly before launching into anything. I hope the vacation helps clear you mind, and a path forward reveals itself to you. 

@kiwi2628 I've not done a transfer, so I don't think I'm the best person to opine, but test away to your hearts content. I do think that 3dpt5dt is WAY too early; and even 4dpt is too early. But to each his own. Some folks who are trying naturally start testing at 7DPO and this is no different. 🤷‍♀️

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• edited July 2021
    @acleverusername so excited to hear your update about your baseline! fx everything looks great.
    same @keikilove! hoping for good news.
    @inthewoods23 i've been lurking on your SIL drama on the boards today and it sounds ridic. I have a particular allergy towards folks that deal with things by bundling up all their grump and then freaking out without warning. we have words for a reason, please use them! also re: your covid vaccine Q, i don't think it affected my cycle for my first shot (i ovulated on day 11, which is a couple days early for me but not outside of my widest range of "normal") and for my second shot I was on BCPs. I have heard general chatter on social media that it "messed up" people's cycles but i've not heard any actual clear account of precisely how it messed up their cycles, so take that with a huge serving of salt.
    @kiki2628 ugh i dunno how i'm going to deal with the question when to test, when the time comes. hoping for the best result for you though!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @kiki047 first, I’m suuuuuuuper jealous about your concerts. My inner 12 year old would give pretty much anything to have gotten to see NSYNC. I agree with what others have said, definitely get the tests from the first RE. You don’t owe them an explanation or justification. 

@kiwi2628 ahhh it’s so hard to be patient! FX for you though!! Good luck waiting!

@inthewoods23 i just looked and actually I O’d 2 days after my second shot but *TW* that was right after my MC (my first shot was less than a week after my loss) and my cycles are always messed up so take that with a grain of salt. Ooof to that concert experience. 

@laura-kay have fun on vacation! Going anywhere fun?

@optimistgardener yay for 4 embryos!! Hopefully the next couple weeks will fly by and you’ll get results quickly!

• @acleverusername fertility artifacts lmao

@optimistgardener 4 embryos that's great!!!! With my retrieval I bled 10 days later, so like a 9 day LP if you count retrieval day as O day. My normal LP is almost always 13 days but the last couple cycles it's been 12. Yes please enjoy my life drama that is my SIL 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @optimistgardener Woohoo good lil ovary!!! You've got just enough time to grow you finger nails back and then you get to do a transfer! Woo. Lol. Or just keep them short since I'm sure you'll be on pins and needles waiting for the test results. Aren't I the model cheerleader?!

@gingermama29 that's a great concert lineup! I think I'd have loved to see Boyz II Men, Christina Aguilera, and Brandy. Glad to hear no effects on Clomid! Are you getting a lining check at all? That's the only side-effect I'd be worried about, and if you can, insist on an ultrasound. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Diagnosis (if you've been):  POI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  between HRT, letrozole, vitamins and supplements I Take so many pills 

How are things going?:  so I’m a unicorn and had every bad reaction possible it feels like to the Letrozole but I’m done with my 8 days now and I’m starting to feel better. I’m beyond curious if it worked.

Any questions?:  not really right now 

GTKY: Who/what group was your first concert? 
    I had just got my drivers license and I drive three states away to go see Miranda Lambert on her first head lining tour at 17. I had the best time. I had just broke up with my fiancée after being with him for 4.5 years and it was an awful abusive relationship and I just remember thinking the entire time that I felt free for the first time and it was exactly what I needed. 
  • @inthewoods23 oh man that is not a good first concert experience!

@laura-kay have fun on vacation!

@optimistgardener I’m so happy for all your little blasties that’s great! Do you have a transfer plan or doing PSG testing? I can’t remember if you said yet forgive me.

@gingermama29 the fact you saw Christina In concert has me so so jealous! How is she as a entertainer? 

• @daisy0322 oh man, it’s been a long time. I was either 9 or 10 years old. My dad took my sister and me to the concert. I remember loving it but I can’t remember much about her performance. 
  • @keikilove looking forward to your post-doctor convo update.
    @acleverusername fx for your baseline today that they find things all good to go.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @acleverusername I don’t think I’m getting a lining check. My doctor didn’t say anything about one,
  • @acleverusername thank you for that, you're right. Maybe it is naive of me to want to view my providers as anything more than that when, at the end of the day, I don't owe them anything and they would more than likely not extend the same courtesy to me. I will say, I'm very impressed with the response times and interactions I've had with Tripod, they always get back to me within the hour and they're so pleasant. 
    @optimistgardener YAY for 4 embies!! Sending out a million good vibes for your PGT results. AF (now I want to switch to Clever's use of Sergio instead :lol: ) came a week early for me for my first retrieval. I did a fresh tsf the second time but I will say that once I got my BFN and stopped the PIO, Sergio arrived the next day which was only 12dp ER, so still 1-2 days early for me. It was also extremely heavy and painful. 
    @gingermama29 that's awesome about signing up for Beachbody! I agree that it can't hurt, and moving your body increases blood flow, which is never a bad thing. Yay for endorphins! I credit my concert-going ways to my friends who dragged me out. I didn't like the crowds but in retrospect, I'm glad I went because we had so much fun. I think I was 12 or 13 for BSB, I just remember my Dad dropping us off like 20 feet from the door then we had to fight to find him in the swarms of teenagers also looking for their rides :lol: 

TTC History:

• @daisy0322 gurl, join the clubs of pill poppers! Lol. I think @kiki047 @keikilove and myself are all taking so many pills... maybe we should compare and contrast. Hehe. Glad that you're feeling better now that you're off Letrazole. Maybe ask the doctor if you can try Clomid instead. It's rare that I hear ppl reacting to Letrazole and not to Clomid, but it happens! Your first concert experience sounds so zen. I totally know the feeling too... that's happened to me post break-ups. 

@Avrilmai good luck waiting it out until Saturday!!! 🤞🏻
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @avrilmai oohh but getting caught up in my own anxiety IS my full time job :sweat_smile: lol hope work is enough to keep your mind off things without getting too worked up. 
    @acleverusername hah, I was thinking the same thing about all my pills. I have so many that are supposed to be taken away from other meds too, some with food, some without, I now have too many to fit in one pill case so I have several on the go. It's intense. 

TTC History:

• @kiki047 SAME! Now I have to remember to take digestive enzymes with my iron, but 15 minutes before my meals. Also, unrelatedly and randomly, yesterday I realized that TTC is also the Toronto Transit Commission. 🤷‍♀️
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername how did the baseline appt go?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @gingermama29 can you ask for a lining check? It will be awfully hard to get KU'ed if your lining is thin. Then again, given it's your first Clomid cycle, maybe it's nothing to worry about, but for subsequent cycles, I would ask. 

@optimistgardener I'm going to hope that many of your embryos are normal so that you can get on with the transfer game. Can you do some at-home inseminations with your "friend with sperm benefits" in the meanwhile, if you're too anxious about not doing anything TTC related for the next few months? 

@mokay19 bummer about your work banning TB! I would be annoyed about having to wait for post-op if I knew my results were all clear. Boo! I'm surprised to hear about Taylor Swift's awful performance. Was this earlier in her career? 

Diagnosis (if you've been):  Hashimoto's, AMA, MFI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Technically TWW, but also WTO, where O = ER

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 2nd attempt at IVF ER #1!

How are things going?: Well I had my baseline today, and just got the call with the green light to start stims tonight! Woot! I'm LH+3 at the moment (i.e. 3 days post LH surge; 2 days DPO), and my E2 today was 54.2 and P4 was 5.14, which confirms I've ovulated. Stats in spoiler: 

My AFC was 12 again today, with left and right ovaries trading places in terms of # of follies: R = 7, L = 5. It was the opposite last time. 

One curious thing that my RE did point out is that some of my follicles are larger than others. So, either they reacted to FSH release in follicular phase, or they're naturally larger than the rest (my RE said the latter). We discussed that this is the reason he didn't want to start me off on any higher dose that we had negotiated / agreed to at our WTF meeting post cancelled cycle in June. He said there's no way to make these larger follicles smaller, and there is no way to make the smaller follicles larger. So, at this point, I'm kind of prepared for having a similar thing happen as last cycle. I will, however, go through with this cycle to see what we get in terms of fert rate, blast formation rate, and PGT testing. But just in case, I emailed TEW to check with her. Lol. 

Any questions?:  Has anyone else ever heard of these naturally occurring "larger" follicles? 

GTKY: Who/what group was your first concert? Hmmmm... do shows at festivals count? If yes, it was Bryan Adams at SalmonFest 2004 in Newfoundland. Lol. If that doesn't count, the it's The Trews (a Canadian band) in 2004 or 2005. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• edited July 2021
    @acleverusername i know your AFC is the same as last time but just wanna give it the big cheer anyway. it's a solid start. as for the differently sized antral follicles, really your guess is as good as mine but i did learn from doing my check-in u/s during my birth control month when i wanted to confirm no cyst, that even when antral folls don't have the hormones they want for recruitment and development, they are still a range of sizes. the #s went past me super fast and so i don't remember them clearly, but I believe i had a couple that were pretty close to the 8mm range, which is homing in on the cut-off for a day 3 baseline! i believe those biggies must have faded away and new ones cropped up by the time i did my baseline monitoring (there were a couple of larger follicles at baseline, but the earlier ones would not have hung on that long at the exact same size).
    do you know what the sizes were for the larger end of your afc crop? also, did you decide to stick with your earlier decision of a higher dosage for the stims, or are you reverting to the RE's recommendation of sticking with the dosage from the first round?
    History
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited July 2021
    @kiki047 you don't owe doctors any explanation if you dont want. It isnt a bad idea to let them know you are having consults with a few doctors because frankly it may make their ears perk up a bit and hustle, so to speak

@optimistgardener  ahhh I am still so excited for your 4. Most people I know had their bleeds a few days early

@Avrilmai I am on progesterone suppositories and oral estrace. And I am in awe of your will power to wait a whole week! GL to you!

AFM...I just keep repeating *I should not test I should not test* (have already failed. I'm a sucker for pain)

• @acleverusername yes, she was literally the opener to the opener to the opener of Brad Paisley. It was probably 2006!
    congrats on the green light to move forward! 
  • @optimistgardener yeah, I guess that makes sense about the range of sizes for follies. He didn’t measure them, but I’ve been to enough ultrasounds to guess that the bigger ones were probably in the 5-6mm range; and the smaller ones in the 2-3mm range. As for dosing, I’m not going “off script” (even though I debated about it until the last moment!) and decided to stick to the dose we’ve agreed to post-cycle consult, which is 75IU higher than last cycle. I’m happy with that okay the fact that my first u/s will be on Fri so if we need to reduce the dosage because I’ve got a cohort of eager-beaver-follies, we can do that sooner rather than later. 

One thing I didn’t mention but I’ve feeling A LOT better about this cycle than the last one. I think the elimination diet plus all the new supplements I’ve been taking really helped get me there. I have way more energy than I did at the outset of last cycle and I think I’m mentally more prepared for having 50-ish percent of follicles responding instead of 80% like I was set on last time. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername that's wonderful that you're feeling better about this cycle! I am optimistic that your diet changes will make a difference, and it is also great that you're mentally in a better place for the cycle. Our cancelled cycles had really different circumstances but I wound up realizing it was probably one of those blessing in disguise things that i had to step away from the racetrack in May, since it gave me a couple of months to get my supplements act in gear and to focus on feeling better in my body. I really hope the extra 75iu is what your ovaries need to kick-start the "lazier" follicles into joining the party. remind me again what your stims plan is for this cycle? luteal-phase start, i know you're doing follistim and...? Do you add menopur later on?
    @kiwi2628 eep. thanks! i'm excited too. now i just spend all my time (when i should reeealllyyy be prepping for classes) instead skimming scientific articles on euploidy rates for ancient ladies like me. Since there is a fair amount of variance in study results, I either wind up depressed or optimistic. I keep having to remind myself that stats are just stats, and my test results could fall well to either side of average.
    History
  • @optimistgardener I’m doing 300 Gonal-F, 150 Menopur, and 25 HGH right from the get go. Will add Cetrotide at some point on the weekend me thinks. 

I totally agree about blessing in disguise in terms of cycle “cancellation.” I’ll be the first to admit that I rushed into it last time. I was supposed to do mid-luteal start last time too, but because we were waiting for the genetic tests and needed to “buy” more time, I converted it to an Aygestin priming cycle so that I don’t have to wait for the next cycle to start. Even though my doc did offer postponing. Once again, rushing into something gets you nowhere. Brings to mind the old tale of the Hare and the Tortoise!

Try not too go overboard researching the articles on euploidy rates for “ancient” ladies like your self! There is SO much variability from person to persons. As someone mentioned last week, there was a 39yo recently on this thread that ended up with 4/5 euploid embryos. But then I personally also know of a 39 yo whose 4 embryos were all aneuploid.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername haha yes, things are super confusing around here when TTC can mean any number of things. Not to mention my phone loves to autocorrect stuff and TTC, IUI and HIO are some of my most-used acronyms apparently. :lol: Awkward! So glad you're feeling better going into this cycle, and hopefully it goes smoothly from here on out. I'll be interested to see what TEW says about your mismatched follicle sizes.
    @mokay19 that's so annoying they're making you wait for the post-op, especially if it's virtual. You'd think if there was something serious that would impact your cycle they'd want to tell you sooner. I went to one of TSwift's earlier concerts and she was still awful then so I can only imagine how bad that one was haha. She got MUCH better in her later years, I think I've been to 3 of her concerts now? She puts on a good show. I love that she always has surprise guests at her shows - the one she did in Toronto for her 1989 tour included Keith Urban (!!!!). 
    @kiwi2628 oh that's a good point about maybe lighting a fire under their ass to prove their worth. I like that. They ought to be putting their best foot forward to show me they're worth my while. 

TTC History: