November 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Rocking Chairs/Gliders

Hello! We are all at about the (more than) halfway point of pregnancy now, so we're probably at least thinking about serious furniture and decor projects! Maybe you've started putting your nursery together, maybe you haven't. Either way, to help the process along I'd like to launch a three-week Nursery Product Spotlight Series! We have already discussed the most important item, the crib, but there's plenty more to research and buy, and it's always nice to have guidance from others. 

Week 1 (this week): Rocking Chairs and Gliders
Week 2: Other Nursery Furniture
Week 3: Nursery Decor 

So this week I'd like to bring up the other big furniture investment aside from the crib: rocking chairs and/or gliders. This isn't necessarily confined to the nursery, but it's frequently where you'll find them! What brand and model do you have? What brand and model are you coveting? How about general guideline on style? Preference between rocking chair and glider? What features are absolutely essential (foot rest?) and which features are not really necessary (idk, a built-in mini-fridge like a LaZBoy)? Are there different materials to consider, depending on comfort and/or ability to clean?

And how about peripheral products for the rocking chair set-up: what lighting do you have around it? Do you have a side-table for your own drink or a stack of baby supplies? Any tips on placing it within the nursery space (e.g., close to an outlet so your phone doesn't run out of batteries at 3 am)? What was your experience with actual use--did you use it every day to nurse or bottle feed and now use it for bedtime stories? Did you not really touch it until you moved baby into nursery and spent more time there? Was it an ambitious purchase that never got used? Please share!

Prior and Upcoming Product Spotlights

(Stolen from July 2021)
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Product Spotlight: Rocking Chairs/Gliders

• I got an Amazon glider with my first kid. It came with an ottoman thing, which I never saw the point of and didn't use. It is nice to have somewhere to sit and rock the baby and read them books but I never spent extended periods sitting in it.
  • A rocking chair is a very useful addition. The type mostly depends on personal preference/body size, but most haves for me were: leg raising mechanism (not an ottoman), ability to rotate and rock, could fit either myself or my husband comfortably
  • Loading the player...
  • We got a super expensive rocker with our first kid. A Dutailier rocker. We love it. We still use it with the kids to read books at night. We’ll be using it with baby too.