Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: GTKY 7.20

• Anaconda! I painted snakes on my nails to keep the other snakes away! The snakes on my nails definitely kept the other snakes away! 
  • Mask- I dont remember why i just remember being horrified as a three year old when my parents watched it 
  • Loading the player...
  • I refused to watch Beauty and the Beast as a child because I was scared of the beast...
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited July 2021
    It. Literally couldn’t shower for weeks! My mom didn’t want me to watch it but I went to my friends and we watched it anyways. What a mistake that was!! Still not sure I’ve ever even seen the ending. Lol. 
  • Willy Wonka. I still can't watch it. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    I don’t know what movie it was, but I was at a friends house in probably 3rd grade or so and her mom had some movie on where this woman was tied to 2 cars that were planning to drive away from each other to tear her apart. I’ve never forgotten it. 

Oh also this was middle school but The Birds. No thank you. 
  • @wisewitch222 I’m sorry, I giggled at yours. This is a favorite in our house. What makes it traumatizing for you?
  • @bows22 lol @ The Birds. Not traumatizing for me but I watched it with my mom and at the end she just goes "What happened? Did the DVD skip or something? ....Wait... that was the end???"
  • Hands down, no question, it's The Brave Little Toaster. That movie was disturbing on so many levels, and I vaguely remember a junkyard scene being highly traumatic. *Shudders*

@fameonmain2 beauty and the beast didn't scare me, but Sleeping Beauty kind of did! Maleficent was scary! 
  • @pajamstagrams omg yes brave little toaster was awful too
  • What Lies Beneath. We watched it in the dark on surround sound, it ruined scary movies for me for life.
  • @paytonpedro When he had the mental breakdown at the end, that just gave me the creeps! I was probably only 4 or 5, but it bothered me at the time and then stuck with me
  • Twister

You can bet I'm a ball of anxiety anytime the sirens go off.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @pajamstagrams yes Brave Little Toaster WAS traumatizing. Also for me: Never Ending Story. Artax and the swamp of sadness everytime. Whew. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @wisewitch222 I remember being upset like when the kid got sucked up in the tube, how he was going to get back to his parents. I’m on board with your answer haha 
  • edited July 2021
    I was technically a freshman in college for this, but hands down the most traumatizing movie of all time for me is Eight Below. Just full on bawling. I can't handle animals dying in movies. I'll throw Jaws and Jurassic Park in as movies from my youth that I both loved and was terrified of.
  • @inthewoods23 having been nearer than I would have preferred to an actual tornado, totally with you on twister. Still gives me anxiety. 

@wisewitch222 so I definitely never liked the creepy part with the psychologist or when they’re in the tunnel on the boat but I can see how the ending could be jarring. Makes sense!

@fantasyflyte I don’t remember how old I was when what lies beneath came out but that’s a creepy one for sure.
  • Gladiator

I didn't even watch it in its entirety. It was on in my dad's room when I was on the computer. I saw the guy hug his dad and suffocate him. All the nopes in nopeland. Too much of a daddy's girl for that nonsense! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @heathergirl89 Huh! That's interesting. I've seen Gladiatori so many times. Were you a little kid when you saw that scene?
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @paytonpedro YES. Showers were terrifying for like a year after sneak-watching IT at a friend's house as a kid. I remember making my little sister sit in the bathroom while I showered lol.

Not a movie, but my parents used to watch X Files and my sisters and I would sneak out of our room and try to peak at it from the hallway. The last time we did it was some episode where these crows were eating a person and it creeped me out so bad for years.
  • @inthewoods23 SAME!!!! I get horrible anxiety any time we get severe thunderstorms or tornado watches (which is only a couple times a year at most -the watches, that is). I’ve had recurring tornado nightmares for years. That movie definitely traumatized me as a kid, though weirdly I watched it more than once.
  • Also Arachnophobia. *shudders* I’ve always been terrified of spiders and that movie only solidified that fear.
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @inthewoods23 I don't know about where you live, but here our tornado sirens go off (as a test) every Saturday at noon. For the first three years I lived here I almost always forgot they were just testing them and would have a split-second panic attack. 
  • @gingermama29 it's a good movie and has good lines! I just hate tornados in real life lol.

@aukeev I'm in the Midwest and we have the tests too. Wednesdays at 2 I think haha. I perk up for a moment until I check the clock.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @wisewitch222 I was in my early teens probably. It was just too awful for me to tolerate
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Related to all the disaster movie fears: my mom used to watch Rescue 911 when I was a kid, and I was perennially afraid my house was going to burn down. Just burst into flames while I was asleep. She also used to watch Dateline and 2020 and my little brother was always afraid whatever killers were on the loose from those shows were just walking around our neighborhood at night. 
  • @wisewitch222 Oh wow, I totally forgot about Rescue 911. I used to watch that all the time (I was fascinated by disasters as a kid) and remember being vividly aware of the number of different bad things that could happen to me. There was an episode with carbon monoxide that definitely scarred me.
  • bows22bows22 member
    I think of the kid who got his coat stuck in the escalator every time I get on one now. Thanks rescue 911
  • bows22 said:
    I think of the kid who got his coat stuck in the escalator every time I get on one now. Thanks rescue 911
    So I think it’s a funny story, because it’s my husband, and I literally die laughing every time I make him tell this story- but- my husband got his string for the hood of his jacket stuck in an escalator when he was little and tying his shoe. His mom had to hit the emergency stop to keep it from choking him. I’ve never seen this Rescue 911 but that’s definitely what it reminded me of. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @paytonpedro oh my gosh I didn’t even know there was an emergency stop and I got anxious just reading your comment. Glad your MIL knew where it was!