February 2022 Moms

GTKY 7.13.2021

1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy? 

2. Are you planning on having a nursery? If so do you have theme ideas already?

Re: GTKY 7.13.2021

•  1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy? 

I’m looking forward to feeling movement and wearing cute fall maternity clothes! I’ve always wanted to have a bump at Halloween so I can do a silly costume too, so I’m looking forward to that! 

Not yet. I’ll start thinking more once we find out the gender, if it’s a girl I’ll do something girly. I’m thinking a super light pastel pink, but like a nice rose pink, not a gaudy one that will age badly. And then something modern, but frilly too. and if it’s a boy, maybe a woodland kind of theme? I have one boy already so I haven’t expanded on that idea too much. 
  •  1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy?

@photographerwife My answer is almost the same, I can't wait to feel the baby move. And Halloween is my favorite! I didn't even think about costumes with a bump, yay!

I've seen some cute wallpapers at loomwell (IG) but haven't really thought too much about it. I think once we find out the gender I'll start to look.
  • Loading the player...
  • @lexilougolden yeah, I think the entire fall season will be nice! I was joking with dh about being an avocado. 😂
  • 1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy? 

@photographerwife You made me so excited that I will be pregnant at halloween!

So that for sure. I really enjoyed my last pregnancy, so for me I am hoping it will be the same but expecting it won't be lol, so for now it's the same as mentioned, feeling the baby move :)

I am actually not sure what we are going to do, I think we will have a dedicated nursery because my husband and I work from home, I don't know if we can make it work in our house unless we really change things up. It's possible just a pain. Was thinking of just having the baby in our room and eventually have my two kids share a room, at least until we figure out what we can rearrange.
  • 1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy? 
    I'm excited to just get the hell out of the first trimester. Also excited to have a cute baby bump and not just feel like a bloated disaster all the time.

Not really sure yet! I can't decide if I want to convert the playroom to a nursery or have the baby share with my toddler for a bit. I'll probably have the baby stay in our room for much longer than our first as we now have a master bedroom on a different floor than the kids' rooms and I don't want to be going up and down the stairs a million times a night. I was SO PROUD of my son's nursery in our old condo but the decorating bug hasn't really hit me with this one.

The anatomy scan in pretty much always my favorite. That and when the kids are able to feel baby move. 

I'm not really sure yet! We have a walkup attic that the boys (14, 12) want us to remodel for a large loft-style room for them. If we do that then we will have another empty room and could do a nursery. But I would want it to be pretty neutral colors. Tans and browns and greens because we don't know if we are going to stay team green or not and those are easy to build upon. That is the current plan, but I know getting projects done around here seem to take foreeeeeever, so who knows. Plus baby will room with us for about 6 months anyway 🤷‍♀️.  

I love my 1 year old's room, but he never even took a nap in there until he was 6 months old 😂. We had it finished months before he was born. 

Hopefully being able to share it with our family and friends more. Last time we kept it a secret until about 18 weeks, then January/February we had weather issues and some traveling and then Covid happened. Also hopeful we can at least have some type of baby shower. It was cancelled last time and we don't need or want any gifts but at least some small celebration with family would be really nice.

DS is in the room we planned to be the permanent nursery and he'll move into his own room. It's light green and cream and safari themed so gender neutral enough for me. We'll see what happens though because I've been having some extreme second child mom guilt and am feeling bad making him move rooms.

Feeling the baby move is my all time favorite thing, so I cannot wait for that. I also really loved being pregnant the first time, because once you get out of the bloat stage and get a bump, I felt the most beautiful. I loved my body and how I looked, so I am looking forward to that too. I had a shirt for DS for Halloween but I didn't make it until then. Might have to sport it this time around. It says "kick or treat" with little feet on it. 

I want baby to have their own room for sure, just not sure on which room it will be. We were team green with DS so his room is pale yellow with a shiplap accent wall. We will do over the spare bedroom, but not sure if it will be a second nursery or if we move DS into a "big boy" room and keep the nursery as is. We are also going back and forth on finding out or staying team green, so it's likely to be neutral either way.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @photographerwife yes! I'm with you on the cute fall maternity clothes!!
    @kaf1788 I feel this with every fiber of my being lol

1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy? definitely feeling baby move and feeling pregnant, instead of sick.

2. Are you planning on having a nursery? If so do you have theme ideas already? yes! I decided when we moved into our house last year that the theme would be moon/stars/night sky so we had the room painted a deep dark blue when we moved in. I figured it's gender neutral and not too babyish so kiddo can grow up in it. furniture is going to be neutral/light woods and white. the only issue with having baby take over that room is all the reorganizing and reallocation of the office things that are currently in that room...as well as the cat's litterbox :/
  • @chgilmore that is, if our ankles don’t swell to the point that we can’t wear boots! 😂
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    1. What are you looking forward to most this pregnancy? 

It being over - I’m nervous and likely will be until I have this baby in my arms. I remember the instant relief when Parker was born, and look forward to that again. 

I think I’ll know better a “theme” when I have the sex in about a week. But for the first probably 6 months I’ll have a mini nursery set up in the main bedroom. DH & I quickly found with our son that he needs sleep to be helpful during the day and I have no problems with being up. So, the “spare room” that he often still sleeps in anyways will stay the spare room so he’s got a place to comfort Parker if needed, ensure they get good sleep and I’m not left tip toeing around anyone in the middle of the night. Our new main bedroom has a spot waiting for a mini crib. I’ll likely paint the spare room the colour I want it before hand, put in the dresser etc, just leaving the queen bed in there until we move him/her. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @photographerwife if I swell so much that I can't even fit into my uggs....xD 
  • @bloomer0060 I’m so excited! I hear you on the room thing. We only had a 2 bedroom with Ds, so he stayed in our room the entire time until we moved last November. I’m just gonna excited that I’ll actually have the opportunity to do one this time around! Even though, they’ll probably sleep in our room for the most part, but we can keep toys, and all of their stuff there. And have a dedicated changing space. 

@kaf1788 so ready to be in the next trimester! I don’t blame you for that! Our house is a single story but, I’d definitely want to keep them closer than that too! For your own sanity! 

@modoodles I love the tan theme! I think that’s perfect. Also, your sons room is adorable! Good luck with your project! 

@gardenvariety88 aww. I hope you’re able to share more this time around too. I’m sorry that covid put a damper on it last time:/ hope you can have your celebration too! 

@tessiesmom26 I’m always impressed by people that go team green! The planner in me would be so stressed! 

@chgilmore that room idea is perfect! We almost did stars for our sons room! Amazon sells these curtains that have star punch outs in them so the light can come through, and they’re so cute! 
    Loss clouds all subpregnancies. So I’m looking forward to getting to viability. That’s when I’ll feel secure enough to start buying things and telling people. I loved when my kids felt their brother move, but I think it will be bittersweet this time. 

Easton’s nursery theme was Nemo since he was sharing with my daughter who’s room is under the sea. We *might* be moving, so I’m not sure if I’m going to decorate their shared room or not since baby (if they make it home) will be in my room for the first 6-12 months and I think we’ll have moved by then if we’re moving. Up in the air for now. Too abstract for us still, unfortunately. 
  • @makingbacon haha! I know! The avacado one cracks me up! The skeleton sounds cute too! 

I agree with those who are ready for the 2nd trimester- feeling more pregnant and less like I'm just tired and sick. 

I have visions of what I would like the nursery to look like, but I haven't really started looking online for inspiration. I figure once we find out the gender I'll be more into decorating. Currently thinking boho/flowers if a girl and nautical if a boy. 
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    While we’re talking nurseries - anyone still have pics of the 1st/2nd nurseries? For some inspiration or even just something cute to look at? 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 I think setting up a separate thread for nurseries would be q good idea too, I think I've seen that in other boards  :)
    Kicks! This is most likely our last baby so I want to enjoy it as much as possible. 

We have 3 rooms and a loft, so I’m not sure what we will do. Our kiddos each have their own room. Our son is the youngest, so it would be cool for them to share a room. If it’s a girl, we may have to close the loft and make the upstairs 4 bedrooms. My husband doesn’t want to close it because it makes our house “different” with the open room. Either way, baby will stay in my room for 3-4 months and then we will decide.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @JWatt5 I'm all about sharing! Disclaimer- these were taken hours before I went into labor, 3 weeks early. It wasn't complete as the glider hadn't come in yet, but these are the ones I have from before. I also included a picture from our newborn pictures that has the glider. 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

•  @JWatt5 I loooooved my son's nursery and it was the saddest part of moving out of our condo for me. Always happy to share! My take on "gender neutral" is a little different from most lol. We ended up doing a subtle Ziggy Stardust theme. Gender Neutral... Androgynous... same thing, right? 

• Yes! Love these guys! I’ll go ahead and start that nursery board so we can share ideas! :)
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    I love how everyone’s pets have snuck in to the photos! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 omg I want to snuggle your dog lol

Pregnancy Ticker

I'm with everyone, so looking forward to feeling movement. I always said that it was the only thing I truly missed about pregnancy. I'm also excited to see how my daughters react to my growing belly. 

We'll end up transitioning my youngest to share a room with my eldest next door eventually to open up the second bedroom for when we move the baby out of our room. I think we'll stretch it out to a year this round so that they can have separate rooms a little longer. I'm sure we will redesign/paint both rooms when that happens.