February 2022 Moms
Options

STM+ check- in 7.14.21

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? 

Re: STM+ check- in 7.14.21

• Options
    edited July 2021
    1 son, he’s 3.5. 

Great! I think he’s a little bored because we haven’t been doing a ton lately. I know I’ve been feeling some mom guilt, but I think he’s handling it pretty well. We’ll probably hop in the pool later today! 

Rants/Raves: i feel like he’s officially hit that punk toddler stage. He’s so wild and has a little attitude. I’m not even sure how to handle it sometimes. We, for the most part take a gentle parenting approach. So it’s difficult knowing the balance on understanding his normal development and how he acts vs. just being a punk. 🙃

Concerns/Questions: 
    not atm. 

Mexican good usually! But I really love Italian too. 
  • Options
    a 2.5 y/o son

He's fine. Alternates between being an absolute angel and a monster child as most toddlers do. 

Rants/Raves: We've been pretty lax with screen time and it's finally biting us in the butt. For most of his life we'd put it on if he asked for it but he would lose interest after a half an hour or so and would usually still play or run around while it was on in the background. But in the past week or so he's becoming a total zombie. He wakes up and immediately asks for Octonauts. He screams at the table all through dinner until we turn the TV on again. He doesn't want to go for walks or play outside, he just wants to watch Octonauts. It's honestly disturbing and now we have to do screen time bootcamp to turn him back into a normal toddler. 

Concerns/Questions: 
    not yet, I'm kind of sticking my head in the sand over the transition to 2 for the time being.

I love pretty much all food but I could happily eat pizza every day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have a 2.5 year old son

How are your other kids doing this week? The terrible twos are here. Major meltdowns left and right, over basically nothing. So just your basic toddler. 

Rants/Raves: I am really hoping that we have therapy today. We were cancelled on last minute last week, and I haven't heard from our therapist yet, so not sure if we have an appt today or not. I am also pretty sure that the useless SLP we see once a month was supposed to send u s a meet/have an appt yesterday and we never heard from her either...

Concerns/Questions: I touched on this on another thread this week, but I am starting to get nervous that DS isn't understanding that he has to go easy on me and I'm going to get to a point where I can't pick him up or do simple things with him. Just changing him/our nighttime routine is becoming such a struggle and it makes me so sad. My question to those who already 2, was that something you had to worry about when pregnant with number 2? 

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? French Fries. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  2, DD is 7 and DS is 5

How are your other kids doing this week? Good! We have a busy week of VBS and dance class twice this week. 

Rants/Raves: we got to see the baby today! 😍 Heartbeat was 156 and growth is right on track. Such a relief! We told my kiddos and my daughter is thrilled. My son isn’t, he said the baby is going to keep him up at night. 😂

Concerns/Questions: NATM

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food?  Cheese fries 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  1 Son, he’ll be 4 in August

How are your other kids doing this week? We’re on a week long Staycation and I think Parker is really enjoying having us both home, no work. For the last year we’ve been home a lot but working at the same time so - we’ve all been enjoying just sleeping in, eating out (finally) and going to different parks. 

Rants/Raves: I’m hoping given I’m done my FET meds I’ll start perking up again a bit more. I have a feeling pregnancy this time isn’t going to be easy like last time. 

Concerns/Questions: STM things - anyone feeling it in the bladder? I having light bladder leaks! I didn’t before but also know I have a slightly prolapsed bladder from having Parker. 

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? Subs - preferably from Mr.Sub. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    2 kids - 11yo boy, 4.5yo girl

My oldest is in camp at my daughter’s preschool this week. He kept hemming and hawing on what camp to go to this year so we picked the one most convenient for us…. Turns out he hates it 🤷🏻‍♀️

While my 4yo is so excited her brother goes to school with her every day lol. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Natm

Concerns/Questions: 
    natm

tacos. Really anything Mexican. I’m vegetarian so they’re bean based (black bean preferably) but yummmm
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I hear you. I’ve been feeling guilty about screen time lately too. But I have felt so bad these past few weeks. I’ve been telling myself that this is just a season and we’ll be back to normal before too long! 

@tessiesmom26 that’s irritating about the therapist! I can’t stand unreliable people! Hope you got to have your session today! And same with the wild kiddos! I’m sure it’ll become easier to understand when I’m showing more but he doesn’t understand that he can’t body slam me all the time! 

@alylove11 glad your appt went well today! That’s great news! Cracking up at how specific you were on the cheese fry thing. 😂 they are pretty good! 

@jwatt5 aww! Our boys are fairly close in age! Mine will be 4 in November. Hope your pregnancy isn’t too rough. I definitely have some incontinence   Issues after having ds. Especially if my bladder is full and I sneeze or something. Or jump on the trampoline. I’ll probably try to see a pelvic floor therapist after this pregnancy? I think that’s the right term? 

@angelz429 why are 11 year olds so particular?! My friends son is 11 and they’re staying with us right now while she finds a place and he drives me crazy with how particular he is! Haha it must just be that age! Finally old enough to voice their opinions! And I also have a brother who is 12 years younger than me. And while I didn’t grow up with him as much in my adult years. (My family is crazy) our childhood was really sweet. I have fond memories of him being a baby and small kiddo. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? We have 2 boys, ages 3 and 1. 

How are your other kids doing this week? They came to my work conference with me, and had a blast. 

Rants/Raves: Today I drove 6 hours home with the boys. They hate the car. I questioned my decision to bring them to the conference with me, but they had so much fun. It was also nice to not leave them for 4 days. I try to take them with me when I can. DS1 goes with me a fair amount, depending on where we land. If I’m working close to any of the grandparents, I try to bring him along. DS2 is too much of a terror to bring on my own. 

Concerns/Questions: Not really. I’m sure as we get further along that I’ll be concerned about going to a zone defense with 3, but honestly I’m just so happy to be pregnant that I just decided not to worry yet. Baby #3 will complete our family, and it’s almost a sense of relief that we made it here finally. 

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? I have a highly selective palate, but I love Italian and American food. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have 5 kids. DD-15  DS-14 DS-12 DS-8 and DS-1 

Daughter- has discovered dungeons and dragons 😂 she is so different from me, very nerdy and I love it. She keeps asking when she can tell her friends I'm pregnant. 
    Boys- all have been totally fine. 🤷‍♀️ other than the 1 year old. He started trying to walk this week and that's pretty adorable. 

Rants/Raves: I'm so tired of stormy weather. We've had to cancel 2 fun days of plans this summer. One to an amusement park, and yesterday I was supposed to take them to a water park, but it stormed all day. Every other day is beautiful and perfect for it this week, but I took yesterday off work and made these plans weeks ago. We went to a trampoline park instead, but I would have enjoyed a water park a lot more! 

Concerns/Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? Mexican food, forever and ever amen. 
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @photographerwife - yep Pelvic Floor Physio. I did a bunch of it on my last May leave and pre-Covid did pelvic floor Pilates. I’m half hoping it’s the putting in for 3 suppositories a day that’s been aggravating my bladder causing the leaks (like these are leaks that have no warning - never had this until I got pregnant now, even last summer when I made it to 9w). Thankfully I’ve got a bunch of Knix undies but I’m praying this doesn’t happen the whole pregnancy. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @photographerwife Im also feeling Mom guilt Im not doing much with my daughter, my husband has been great for the most part picking up slack but I miss doing more with her. 
    Also, Can I trade my 3.5 yr old in? Shes terrible now! I miss when she was 2 lol

@tessiesmom26 I will trade you my 3.5 yr old for your 2.5 yr old, I miss the 2's! Hope everything calms down <3 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One daughter, shes 3.5 

How are your other kids doing this week? She is a real sour patch kid, so effing adorable one minute and the na complete monster the next, Im not happy about this age

Rants/Raves: Daughter had a full on tantrum last night during bedtime and my husband just cant handle it at all and then he basically throws a fit. I keep trying to tell him she is 3 and he is 30, there should one be one person in the house throwing fits.

Concerns/Questions: I really just want to enjoy this pregnancy but I feel like a lot is getting me down lately. Hopefully I start feeling better in a couple weeks and things look up. 

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? Cheese. Cheese is a type right? Shredded cheese, sliced cheese, cheese cubes, melted cheese, queso cheese, cheese sticks, fried cheese.... starting to sound like Bubba

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs only if you take my cranky 3.5 year old! 😂 he’s such a punk. Definitely a sour patch kid! Hope you start feeling better in the next few weeks!
  • Options
    @photographerwife
    Im only trading for 2 year olds right meow 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 I had the same worry when I was pregnant with #2. DD was around 2 years old at the time too, I would offer to do more things with her sitting when I got too tired or run down like reading or puzzles. It got easier for her to understand why I couldn't pick her up as much when I got a little further and started to have a belly. So much fun to watch her interact later on though!

@livingoffpbjs I hear you on the cheese! I have been eating a lot of cheese sticks lately, such an easy snack!

AFM
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 girls, 4yr & 2yr

How are your other kids doing this week? My eldest has been waking up when I leave for work at 330am and crying for me to stay home, watches my truck leave from the window. It's been breaking my heart. I get to be off the next 3 days (I've been working mandatory Saturdays) so I can spend some quality time when I'm not exhausted coming home. My youngest has gotten super sassy, I think 2 is catching up with her now (birthday was Mar), "no" is now her new favorite word. 

Rants/Raves: I cannot believe the sass coming from my youngest and how much of a bully she's been lately. Yesterday I had to put her on two time outs for hitting her sister. My first threw some massive tantrums at that age but never had a sibling to "beat up" on. I know it's a phase that they go through but at least with the first it was aimed at us.

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: What is your hands down favorite type of food? American, burgers/fries/pull pork. I do love a good sushi restaurant though.