February 2022 Moms
Options

7/15 UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

Re: 7/15 UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

• Options
    Dogs don't belong on furniture. I love my dog but haaaaate dog hair so much. To be fair, she doesn't shed, but my last dog did and it was unbearable. 
  • Options
    @modoodles I agree. I know a lot of people love to have them up there, but I feel like no matter how many baths mine has he still smells like a fish! And I definitely don’t want the hair all over the place. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    My dog lives on the couches & beds lol. But I can’t understand why people wouldn’t - it is a lot of cleaning. Dogs are a lot of cleaning in general! 

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    Our one dog, the fat older corgi, doesnt get on our bed at all since its too tall for him and rarely gets on the couch, which is nice, he is happy on the floor and his beds. But our Pit wont sleep on the floor. When she was a puppy she would fall asleep with her two front paws on the couch and her butt on the floor because she couldnt get on the couch and wouldnt lay on the floor. She sleeps on my legs every night. I did buy a waterproof dog cover for our couch to keep the dog smell out of it. Its not pretty but were the only ones that see it. When we move and get new furniture we will probably buy her her own chair so she stays off the couch
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our beagle gets on the couch/furniture, but we made the rule that she can't sleep in the bed.  She doesn't like the rule, but we enjoy not having a bed full of fur.

My UO is I hate the taste of vanilla. It makes my stomach feel weird, it tastes gross, and it shouldn't be a flavor.  I can eat vanilla ice cream, but not if it's the vanilla bean kind.  Same goes for coconut, but for everything. When I went dairy-free for DS2, I tried a lot of coconut-based products.  Some were okay, and some were really not okay.
  • Options
    I love my dog on the couch--it's the best snuggling! But I also get that it is a mess to clean. She actually isn't allowed on our couches right now--she's really good about obeying the rules. Bed is a no-no as well. Sometimes I sneak her on the couch when DH is out. :D And then I promptly de-fur the couch. lol. I used to have a dog-couch cover that worked really well.

My UO: Tipping is lame ( though I've never worked in an industry that I would get a tip).  Many countries don't do it. I'd prefer the tip to be in the person's regular wages and to leave it at that! I get stressed out trying to decide if someone should get 20% or not, if this person needs a tip because they put my food in a Styrofoam container and then I picked it up. It just seems like it would be simpler to raise prices a bit and not worry about tipping!
  • Options
    @lexilougolden interesting, so would there be different prices? Like dine in prices and dine out prices? If I pick up a meal to take home from a restaurant I wouldnt want the inflated costs passed onto me when Im not being waited on. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @lexilougolden - I hate the tipping concept too, and I lived off bartending for 3 years. Back then though, this 20% tipping wasn’t a thing. We were pumped with 10%. I don’t mind in the food industry as much as the salons. I’m already having to pay a crazy amount to get hair done (so I only do it once a year) and I have to leave another 20% when the hair dressers don’t get reduced pay like servers. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @lexilougolden I only tip if I'm dining in and have service.  If I'm filling my own stuff or doing pretty much all the work, I don't typically tip.  I'm now wondering if that's wrong?  I tip 20% if service is good, 10% if it was really bad, and 15% if it lands somewhere in the middle. 
  • Options
    @livingoffpbjs Not really sure but they have a tip line on the receipt that I believe they expect tips for pickups. I surveyed people about this at work :D and most agree that you tip on everything-- even pickup at a restaurant. So, I suppose every price would be higher. @JWatt5 Yes, most of what bothers me about tipping is outside of food. Hairdressers, nails, dog groomers, etc. You're paying them for that exact service, why do we then have to tip on the service? It has never made sense to me.
  • Options
    I would say Im a good tipper, at least 20% unless the service is bad. But Im also cheap in other ways like I refuse to have pizza delivered and pay them $5+ to drive a pizza to my house from 4 minutes away lol 
    I also dont tip 20% if its a buffet restaurant, Ill leave a few bucks on the table since they are cleaning up after me and thats it. I dont tip if Im picking my meal up myself. 
    Speaking of tips, when I do the target drive up service I usually hand them $3-$5 for bringing me my order, but twice now the person said they cant accept the tip. But all the other people do soooooo are the other people taking tips when they arent supposed to? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don’t like tipping either! I mean I do tip well when I dine in and stuff. But I hate tipping things like baristas and places where they’re already paying a full rate. Like you aren’t making $2 and hour, take it up with the boss. I think any employer should be able to pay their employees a livable wage without having to rely on tips from customers, and if they can’t they should reevaluate their business model and whether they should even be in business. I’d really like to see the tipping culture in the US die down.