February 2022 Moms
Options

Monday BF 7.12.2021

makingbaconmakingbacon member
edited July 2021 in February 2022 Moms
Happy Monday - What is grinding your gears?

Re: Monday BF 7.12.2021

• Options
    We had a wedding this weekend and my usually super outgoing, dance machine, life of the party husband was in a mood. He danced one time and just kind of sat there being a grump. Kind of ruined the first wedding we have been to in 2 years. 
  • Options
    Not really a HUGE deal, but my bitch fest is that i HATE grocery shopping right now. Nothing sounds good and I just do not have the brain power and appetite to satisfy a whole families grocery requests today. Can someone just do it for me? 😅
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We hired a carpenter to make us radiator covers and a built in bookshelf in MARCH 2020 and it's still not done. Obviously a lot of that was Covid related and I consider myself to be more patient and understanding than most but.... really? I swear everything will be done with like 30 minutes of work but this guy refuses to leave his house if it's too hot... too cold... too rainy.... just doesn't feel like it. It's been 3 weeks since he's been back. I kind of hope he just bails forever and we don't have to pay him. He originally told us install would take two days lololol  :D
  • Options
    I'm tired of taking the 'higher road" with my SS's mom. It's never reciprocated. I've been so good about saying nothing but positive and nice things when he brings up his mom but the petty side of me (now that she's lost all of my respect) wants to just ignore anything he says about her. blah. Why can't we all care about what's best for him? I'm envious of the few relationships out there (that I know of) that are able to have great relationships with their exes because they put the kids first. This may forever be my rant/BF, I'm sorry ahead of time (since I've already brought this up before---it's stressful!)
  • Options
    @lexilougolden anything new happen?
  • Options
    I manage a team of employees and have recently moved to a different department with a new team, but those who are overseeing these decisions, did not communicate with each other fully so I currently have both teams without a specific plan in place. It's not the end of the world, but it is stressing me out lol, my tolerance level is not very high right now which doesn't help. Also, I'm more anxious than normal...is that normal for others to have heightened anxiety in pregnancy? Or specifically first trimester?

• Options
    @angelz429 yes. He told his mom that if we had a baby he'd know we don't love him.  I'm sure she played that up.  We haven't told him we're expecting and now I'm super nervous about it.  
  • Options
    @lexilougolden boo. That’s hard. 
  • Options
    @bloomer0060 I have fairly well managed (and medicated) anxiety in normal times and it definitely gets worse in pregnancy for me. When I was pregnant with my son I didn’t notice until third trimester when it had gotten really bad, but now that I know to look out for it this time around I’m definitely already noticing it creep up. 

@lexilougolden I’m sorry that sounds like such a shitty situation. 
  • Options
    @JWatt5 Please don’t be hard on yourself for speaking your mind. Sometimes you just have to speak up. 

@lexilougolden Why would someone do that?! She sounds absolutely awful. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 
  • Options
    I have to go to pee so bad but Ive already been on hold for half an hour and I know as soon as I leave my desk phone to go to the bathroom they will pick up and this outrageous hold time will be for nothing! 

Also, Im super mad its not even 10am. Im starving, Ive already eaten so much and now I have to wait to go to Sonic >:( HANGRY
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm over it at work, my boss is demanding which is fine but the way she goes about it is absolutely infuriating. For instance, I got a call from one of my employees that there was a situation I had to go meet them at the transfer (where they dump material) about 10 minutes down the road. She comes into the office and says "wait, I need to go over some yesterday stuff quick," no big deal. We go through it, takes about 5 minutes, then I turn to grab my bag and close my computer and she goes "I thought you were headed to the transfer." :neutral: .....I was, until you told me to wait for you to go over things. Always a negative comment to add and I'm over it.

• Options
    @angelz429 thanks for letting me vent :)
    @kaf1788 thank you.
    @makingbacon thanks. She's just petty and jealous--which in and of itself is hard. But when she includes her 7yo, then it's immature and inappropriate.
  • Options
    @lexilougolden I honestly can't explain how much I am enraged on your behalf and especially your SS. That's just cruel of her. I don't understand how someone can lack such empathy towards their own child. So selfish.

@livingoffpbjs also hungry all the time! I'm trying to maintain at least a reasonable amount of time between meals and snacks but the hangry comes on soooooo quick.

My BF is that I had a rough weekend with nausea and exhaustion and spent a lot of Saturday in bed because DH was home and available to watch DS. Sunday night MIL called, come to find out he apparently called to tell her I didn't sleep well over the weekend and had a headache and asked her to come stay at our house for a few days to help me out. I know he was trying to be helpful but she doesn't know I'm pregnant so I'm sure it just sounded pathetic that she needed to travel 2+ hours each way because I was "tired and had a headache". I truly don't have any problems with her coming to visit but I felt embarrassed and worthless that she was thinking I couldn't take care of my son because I was too tired.

Also, while DS might not be the most stimulated and entertained, he'll survive the next couple weeks of laying low with just me. Might have blown it out of proportion but I was super annoyed. I'm not sure how the conversation went, hopefully he just told her I was feeling better but she did not end up coming.
  • Options
    @gardenvariety88 Incredibly selfish right? She can't see how she is hurting her son by feeding him negative thoughts.  Sigh.  

I'd be upset too if he didn't run it by me.  Totally understandable! Hope you get feeling better soon.  But if you do have to lie low for a while,  do it!
  • Options
    @gardenvariety88 yikes, I get what youre saying, but at least when it becomes news everyone knows she will think back and go ahhhhhhhh thats why. 

Pregnancy Ticker