Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 7.12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Monday 7.12

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: pnv, nac, kindara, opk

R/R: I expected this but was trying to remain hopeful. First cycle AL and it was a strange one that didn’t totally seem like I ovulated, despite the positive OPK. I’m optimistic that my body will be back to normal since I had my regular 25 day cycle again.

CS/Q:
  • @mamanbebe sorry AF showed up and sorry for your loss. Hopefully this cycle will be normal (and successful!) for you.

Month/Cycle: 25/4 AL

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Clomid & TI, PNV, OPKs

R/R: Officially started Clomid today. Nothing much else noteworthy going on though. It’s another gloomy rainy day. I finally have guys coming tomorrow afternoon to address the “water feature” in my basement. They’re putting poly vinyl in to redirect water to the sump pump (which should’ve been done when they built the wall a little over a year ago). 

CS/Q:  

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 6/2

CD: Day 4 simulated cycle 

WAYDTGKU: letrozole

R/R: so we decided to go gluten free to try it out as a family... I’m kind of overwhelmed but so far so good.if anyone has favorite recipes that are gluten free though I’d love to hear them! 

CS/Q: Nah

@gingermama29 Let me know how the clomid treats you! Letrozole has been a tad rough on me. 

@mamanbebe I’m so sorry I know those first few cycles back can really mess with your head too ❤️ I hope things get back to normal for you soon love 
  • *lurking from TWW*

Oops this got long so I'll spoiler...gluten free help! 

@daisy0322

most of the time you can just swap out the gluten ingredient with a gluten free version (pasta, bread, etc). Baking gets trickier, use a 1-for-1 mix if you want to adapt a gluten recipe, and it's usually good enough. Or just Google GF recipes. Personally I rarely bake from scratch because GF flours are finicky, so I use mixes most of the time (King Arthur GF, Pamela's, Simple Mills, etc). 

Ive been GF for half my life at this point, and back when I was first diagnosed with Celiac disease, your GF bread options were sh$t, and would crumble if you looked at them funny. Hamburger buns tasted like cardboard English muffins. And there weren't a lot of GF recipes or 1-1 flours out. So, I've always just bought cake mixes, etc, and we don't buy bread that often. I just got used to eating burgers without the bun and prefer it that way most of the time. I'm so thrilled that there are more GF options out there now that actually taste good, and that restaurants and food packaging are labelling things GF more often! 

Just a heads up, if you didn't already know, soy sauce almost always contains gluten (tamari is sometimes ok!) so you'll have to watch out for anything that has soy sauce in it. If you don't have celiac or an allergy it probably isn't as big of deal to worry about that though. Same with soups/marinades/sauces- always double check to make sure they didn't thicken with flour. But that small amount of flour may or may not be an issue, depending on why you want to go GF. 
  • @pajamstagrams
    thank you so much! We are all doing it because one person in our family has some health issues and the cause may be a gluten sensitivity. So it’s not super serious we are experimenting but it’s a hard switch to make so we are doing it together just to be supportive 
  • @daisy0322 it's definitely easier when the whole family goes GF as well. We rarely have gluten in the house, usually only hamburger buns for DH. My parents eat GF now too, and my in-laws are super great about pointing out if any dishes have gluten (which is very few at this point). Makes family gatherings much less stressful when I know I can eat everything!
  • @mamanbebe I’m sorry you had an off cycle. I anticipate this cycle being off for me as well. 

@gingermama29 this weather is driving me crazy!! The pool by us is finally open and it’s been rainy/storming/chilly every day!!! Grr.. anyways. I hope your basement wall gets fixed like it should have originally. I feel like a lot of companies lately have just been doing half ass work. 

@daisy0322 I don’t have any advice about gluten free recipes. My sister was gluten free for a while and is a vegetarian but I think she just got the store gluten free things for her normal recipes (pasta ect.). If you have an Aldi near you they have a small reasonably priced area of gluten free things. What is the reason you guys are trying this?

@fameonmain2 from yesterday- I’ve been there 9 years but the vet sold the practice in December/January so technically I work for a completely new hospital and it’s been 6ish months. We completely switched over in feb/March and that’s when my stress really started. It’s just been terrible. 

Month/Cycle: 2/ 1AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: currently benched

R/R: I was supposed to take my dog with me to work on Saturday and I completely forgot 🤦🏼‍♀️ So now I have to take him today. He just needs a blood work recheck and I’m hoping it comes back better than a month ago. If it doesn’t he might truly be sick 😢

tw**** 

CS/Q: Before I call my doctor… How long are cramps normal after a mc? It’s been one week and I’m still getting some cramps on and off. I’m not entirely sure they’re repro related. Might definitely be poop cramps.
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited July 2021
    @daisy0322 so far so good for day 1. Haven’t noticed any real difference from Letrozole so far. Good luck with GF. It’s definitely a lot of work but there are a lot of options out there.

@paytonpedro I hope everything comes back good with your dog’s blood work. Re: your question *TW*
    I had the worst cramps of my life the day of my MC and milder ones up through a few days after but I don’t think I had them as late as a week after. May not hurt to call your OB if they’re persisting tomorrow.
  • Thank you @gingermama29 they’re definitely just dull and very occasional. Which makes me question if they’re related to that or just poop cramps 😅
  • @mamanbebe I'm sorry, even if you're expecting it that's still tough. Hopefully this is a better cycle for you.

@gingermama29 I feel you on the weather. My poor dog is terrified of loud noises and we went from three days of fireworks to what seems like a week straight of thunderstorms with more in the forecast.

@daisy0322 Good luck with the gluten free diet! I haven't tried it, but my blanket advice on anything recipe related is the NYT Cooking app. It isn't free (I have it with my NYT subscription) but I use it every week.

@paytonpedro Poor pup :( How old is he?

Month/Cycle: 3/3 (realized today I miscounted the number of months...)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk

R/R: I had to cancel my workout yesterday because I've done something to my right pec and shoulder. I say "something" but really I know this is because I did something wrong while lifting. I'm pretty frustrated. Lifting is a critical part of my mental health plan to support this TTC journey along with everything else in my life. I knew something was off with my chest and I still did push ups and bench presses, which is probably why my shoulder is now problematic. Finally admitted I have to give my body time to heal and now I have to decide what's the right amount of rest time.

CS/Q: none 
  • @mamanbebe I'm sorry for CD1 and your loss.

@gingermama29 I hope the Clomid goes well for you!

@daisy0322 that's great that you are all going GF together, hopefully that will make it easier on you all.

@paytonpedro oh no, what do they think is wrong with your dog? I hope the blood work goes well.

@pinkkillersheep I hope your shoulder feels better soon! Getting some rest will definitely help.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CM

R/R: I'm proud of myself for getting in a barre workout this morning. I'm trying really hard to make exercise part of my every day routine so I don't have to try to "fit it in" but it's hard to do when I don't know what my new work schedule will be like starting next week. I'm kind of annoyed that my new job has been so last minute with all of the information but I'm hoping I'll get an idea of my schedule soon so I can plan my life a bit better. I'd like to fit in a beach trip before the end of the summer and I have 3 weddings I'm invited to in NY in October but I can't even figure any of that out yet.

CS/Q: None.

TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930 good for you getting exercise worked in! I hope you find it easy to stick with it!

@pinkkillersheep I hope your shoulder is able to heal soon. Do you think it was a muscle tear?

@paytonpedro **TW LOSS**

I am so sorry you’re still experiencing cramping. Mine continued on and off for a week, but my CP loss was really early. I think as long as the clots continue to pass, cramping can be expected. I had 9-10 days total but still saw a few stragglers later in the month. 

@daisy0322 Thank you ❤️ On gluten, the best replacements I have found are going to sweet potatoes and other root veggies, quinoa, brown rice, and adding in more salads and green veggies. Occasionally, I find some gluten free pizza dough or baking mixes that I really like but they usually have a lot of starch, more than the regular version, so they can unsettle the tum. For pasta I really enjoyed lentil pasta though! If you can find the refrigerated brands they tend to have a better texture than the dried when cooked. Quinoa past is pretty good too!

@gingermama29 Oh goodness! I hope your underground swimming pool retreats soon!