November 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/28

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/28

• Sorry I was MIA all weekend and didn’t post anything. See Monday BF for the reason why 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I, too have been MIA, we went on a trip to visit friends who live in Ann Arbor last Friday and got back Wednesday (it's about an 8 hour drive without stops from where I live). It was super fun, but also exhausting. DS was a total champ in the car, also, which made everything much, much easier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've started irrationally getting worried that I won't get to the hospital in time for an epidural/birth since this is my second...I know that that's not anywhere near the standard case, but lately I've been meeting moms who dropped their seconds out within minutes of getting to the hospital 😶😶
  • @marbellie if it makes you feel better all of the STMs I know who have recently given birth (I know like 7 who have had babies in the last 2 months lol) have had time for the epidural even thought the second baby came super fast. I know that's not always the case of course but I am optimistic for you! 
  • @marbellie my second birth was my longest labor and the only one that I had an epidural for (I’m on baby 4). Each baby is so different! Also natural birth isn’t so bad. Your body gets a huge rush if adrenaline and it’s the contractions that are bad (at least in my experience)… Epidural or not. I felt wayyy more with my epidural since I had to wait for them to administer it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marbellie I’ve never made it in time for an epidural and honestly, I’m glad. I would definitely get one otherwise and I liked being able to get right up out of bed afterwards and shower 🤷‍♀️ 
  • @Starynightsky24 so crazy that you felt more with your epidural. That's another worry I have, that my experience this time won't be as awesome...I wonder if my epidural was some strange holy grail. I was able to feel the contractions/pressure and push myself without being counted, but not have the pain. They offered some standing/kneeling positions as pushing options. Oh yeah @doodleoodle I was able to get up to the bathroom right after skin to skin too.

You know what, I'm just going to stay positive and happy and forget about all of the what ifs. That's how this works right? 😅😅
  • @marbellie yes! It’ll be okay no matter what 😄. My last (3rd) baby was born in triage less than 10mins after we arrived to the hospital and honestly it was the best haha. It’s SO nice to just get it over with. I hadn’t even filled out the hospital paperwork yet. They literally grabbed the first person in the hallway that they could find to deliver him. I promise it’s not as scary as it seems. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, I am hoping for a super quick labor with this one, but I was group b positive with DS so I hope it isn’t so fast that I don’t get the antibiotics since there is a high chance I’ll be positive again. 
  • @marbellie I had the same experience! That epidural was an absolute godsend, but my body knew when to push without much coaching from my OB. 
  • This is not a happy post. I had my midwife appointment today and I said how hard the last 2 weeks was (depression, pain, a yeast infection). I cried, again.  Long story short she put me on an antidepressant and told me I need to see a therapist.  Now it's 330 at night and I'm nauseous from my first dose then I read that I probably can't breastfeed on it and now I'm upset again because she didn't mention that. 
  • @MaximumEffort I’m so sorry you are struggling. Definitely talk to your dr, but generally if a medication is safe to take while you are actively pregnant it is safe to continue while breastfeeding. Antidepressants are some of the most tested medications during pregnancy/breastfeeding and while they can be passed through breast milk it is an extremely low dose.  

Also she could easily switch you to something else or you may find that you don’t need it anymore once baby is here. Sending you all the love and I hope you get a break soon ❤️❤️
  • @MaximumEffort I’m so sorry ❤️ depression is so hard at the best of times. We’re all here for you! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @MaximumEffort hugs ❤️ The side effects should ease up as your body adjusts, but if they don’t advocate for yourself and ask to try a different one. I would also speak to a pharmacist and your OB about taking antidepressants and breastfeeding 
  • @MaximumEffort Major props to you for speaking up regarding your mental health. I agree with others that it's well worth a conversation with your doctor about your concerns and possible options for antidepressants and breastfeeding. I hope the nausea eases up and you start feeling better soon.  <3
  • @MaximumEffort I don't have anything else to add, but just wanted to send virtual hugs and strength! 
  • @MaximumEffort Sorry you’re struggling. I’m glad you got on an antidepressant and hope that it works soon! Please talk to your doctor about taking it while breastfeeding; the internet can be a big fat liar. If it will interfere with breastfeeding, then I suggest trying another one that’s safe for pregnancy and postpartum. It seems unusual that she would start you off on an antidepressant that wasn’t safe for both. 
  • Same as @marbellie, I have nothing else to add (everyone is on point) but I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • I'm at my check up appointment right now, it turns out that I have one today and AS is tomorrow. I definitely have STM brain this time around and didn't remember it until my husband asked about an appt on the family calendar this morning 😶 I was like "oh yeah!" and hopped in the car to get to the OBGYN 😂
  • @MaximumEffort I completely understand how hard it is to talk about mental health and sending you support from afar ❤️ I don't know what you're taking but I'm on Zoloft and they've said my dosage (25mg) was safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding. We all deserve the support we need through this challenging time for our bodies and minds, be it through therapy or medicine or whatever works best for each of us. I also just got diagnosed with a yeast infection and anemia and had a good cry about it. Felt better after the cry and think I'll take a nap...