December 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 7/5

How far along are you?:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY:  What is something surprising you have found you love about being pregnant, or for STMs+, what's something you missed about being pregnant?

Re: Weekly Check-in 7/5

• Loading the player...
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared thanks, it caught me off guard a bit. I’m getting kind of worried it’ll be a problem throughout the pregnancy, but doing my best to not aggravate it and will tell my doctor at the next appt in case I need PT or something. Hoping that’s not the case! 

It’s crazy how pregnancies are so different!! I also forgot to mention I’ve been having way more acne problems this time around too! Ugh!! Hoping it calms down soon… 😭

I need to get back into walking as well! I had every intention second trimester and then my pubic bone started hurting! I need to make that a priority moving forward! I may need an accountability partner as well 🙈
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @brookert615 I know, same here! I googled random pubic bone issues during pregnancy and it had all those things listed! Whoops! 🙈 

Glad you started feeling him move again! I know that’s nerve-racking! I hope you start feeling better soon, I know it can be super rough for some people for 24-48 hours! 
  • @melbel0824 These were on our list if we had another girl with Italian variations: Estella, Paloma, Marina
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • How far along are you?: 16 weeks

Upcoming appointments: none until A/S in August

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling pretty good.

Rants/Raves: My partner and I have reached the point where discussing baby names is frustrating. We have different naming styles and don’t agree on anything. 

Questions: None

GTKY:  What is something surprising you have found you love about being pregnant, or for STMs+, what's something you missed about being pregnant? I’m one of those annoying people who enjoy pregnancy. I feel most confident and take better care of myself. This pregnancy has been a breeze compared to my others, so I’m loving it.

@brookert615’s suggestion of Paloma.

• @rgn12 - I'm glad the pubic bone pain is slightly better with some modifications. 

@scaredunprepared - I hope you and your daughter feel better soon! It's so hard right now because feeling movement is so inconsistent. I can't wait to feel baby regularly.

@brookert615 - I'm sorry the second dose was so rough. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!

How far along are you?: 16w3d

Upcoming appointments: a/s 6/22

How are you feeling?: Pretty good just tired.

Rants/Raves:Still dealing with the itchy rash but I do think it's getting a little better so hopefully the end is in sight. My face is also a little swollen already (I was hoping this was from meds but now I'm doubting it) and it is so broken out it's horrific. On the bright side I'm feeling more consistent flutters when I'm sitting or laying down. 

Questions:

GTKY:  What is something surprising you have found you love about being pregnant, or for STMs+, what's something you missed about being pregnant? Feeling baby move is the best thing ever

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• RDFree32RDFree32 member
    edited July 2021
    How far along are you?: 18+2

Upcoming appointments:
    Just had OB check yesterday. Heartbeat is good, so a bit of respite from stress there. Anxiously awaiting anatomy scan in 2 weeks.

How are you feeling?:
    Large lol

Rants/Raves:
    I'm excited to actually whittle down my list of names and redecorate the room for baby (after a/s).

Questions:
    Suggestions (things that have worked and not worked for you) on how to prep 3yo and help him cope with and transition for new baby?

GTKY: What is something surprising you have found you love about being pregnant, or for STMs+, what's something you missed about being pregnant?
    SORT OF answering the question...I made a conscious effort to find a moment of joy, thank God, and feel blessed every day - things I wasn't able or didn't allow myself to do with DS.
  • @RDFree32 - something we do to help transition into big brotherhood, we read books about becoming a big brother, we ask ways that he could help with the baby, when baby is here, we give them age appropriate jobs to help with baby, so it helps them feel needed and proud. I also think it’s important to take big kid on dates, for one-on-one time.
  • How far along are you?: 17+1

Upcoming appointments: aug 2 is my 20 week! It was supposed to be a week earlier but they had no openings.. 👎🏻

How are you feeling?: Once I hit 2nd tri I’ve felt so much better. 

Rants/Raves: maybe more of a concern. I still haven’t felt baby and I’m just so anxious about it. I feel like with my 2nd I was feeling a little movement by now. 

Questions:

GTKY:  What is something surprising you have found you love about being pregnant, or for STMs+, what's something you missed about being pregnant? Definitely love feeling those baby kicks once they start! 

• PYLWhammyPYLWhammy member
    edited July 2021
    @eggsbene42 this is helpful advice, thanks! My daughter has always been high-maintenance and is used to being the center of our word, so we really want to make sure we do the transition to big sister right.
  • @rgn12 how have you been doing with exercising?  I failed this week, but to be fair it was 95+ degrees or storming every day this week except today.  Today I played with DD at the lake and I'm calling it exercising!

@melbel0824 and @brookert615 I love Marina!  It was top 2 with DD, but hubby vetoed both!
  • @eggsbene42 thanks for the advice!
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared I failed miserably! Unless you count me running up and down the stairs frantically like 500x trying to clean for DD’s birthday 🙈🤣
  • @rgn12 that totally counts!  Happy birthday to your DD.  How old is she?
  • How far along are you?: 19w4d

Upcoming appointments: Monday I meet my new midwifes

How are you feeling?: Good. Although last Sunday I fell down a flight of stairs. I'm fine, baby is fine I just have a massive bruise on my butt. We see installing carpet on those stairs next week hopefully. 

Rants/Raves: I'm doing a spa day and getting my hair done so Rave!

Questions:

GTKY:  What is something surprising you have found you love about being pregnant, or for STMs+, what's something you missed about being pregnant? I love that my allergies and Rosacea go into remission during pregnancy! 

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared she turns 2 tomorrow!! 😭😭
  • Lurking from March 2022 board...just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS @rgn12 !!!! I was trying to find you before to see how things were going but didn't have any luck...but here you are!!!!! Yay!!!!! So excited for you 🥳🎉🎊!
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @Panaceia yay!! Thank you and congratulations to you as well! I am so happy for you, and hope you have a very good uneventful and healthy pregnancy!! ❤️❤️❤️