January 2022 Moms
Options

Dinner

Can we share dinner recipes ? I have zero desire to eat food…and therefore don’t want to make anything- suggestions please ?

Re: Dinner

• Options
    @relizabethp we had beef hot dogs and salad last night. They were soooooo tasty. 
    I'm super lazy when it comes to food. Thankfully my husband is the one who does the cooking in the house. 
  • Options
    So yesterday my baby was the size of a brussel sprout so sharing one of my fave healthy(ish) meals.  We eat this as the main course prob once a week and it’s delish!  

Roast brussel sprouts (I buy the shaved Brussel Sprouts at TJ’s. - 2 packs) for about 30 or 40 min at 400.  Toss in a little olive oil first - maybe like half a tablespoon. I like mine really crispy. Then I cook up some chorizo sausage on the side and all toss together.  Just cook however much you want- depending on how healthy I am trying to be I use more or less.  Then top with green salsa and fat free Greek yogurt!  I mix it all together so it’s like a spicy creamy Brussels dish.  My husband doesn’t mix his.  Either way it’s amazing!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited June 2021
    @karenmarie9 That sounds amazing!

@sarah_is_pregnant Hot dogs are super tasty for me right now. I won't eat a full one because I'm paranoid (probably silly) but if my kids leave bites on their plate, I'll sneak one, and it's like the best thing I've ever tasted.

As for me, we do one of those meal subscription services (Gobble - I highly recommend it if anyone's looking for one!) so thankfully most of our dinners are planned. But if I'm looking for an easy meal that I have to make myself, I think tacos or burritos are a good bet. I get a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, a packet of seasoning, and then just chop up the usual taco toppings. 

Another easy meal for me is omelettes. Kinda the same deal with tacos, now that I think of it - just chop some filling stuff and go! I've been lately topping mine with hot salsa, and I'm obsessed. 
  • Options
    I had a hot dog yesterday (I had been careful to avoid them but I was just craving one...) DELISH! 

Luckily DH likes to cook and since becoming knocked up, has taken over a majority of the cooking since I couldn't stand to look at food for a while. Salmon is a pretty big deal in our house. I like to marinate it in honey and miso. 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 - oh good call on the rotisserie chicken! It’s absolutely a lifesaver to have on hand.  And yum tacos are the best!  

@fifilala516 - I love salmon! Honey and miso sounds delightful.  I will need to try that soon!  
  • Options
    I literally haven't made dinner in 2 months.  Like we're are in complete fend for yourself mode right now.  It's like a smorgasbord every night.  Luckily my husband does most of the cooking now for our son since I'm having a hard time cooking and mostly just eating yogurt, PBJ sandwiches, fruit, and occasionally pasta. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @magalina_h you just described my diet - it’s all i can keep down! My problem is that my husband doesn’t know how to cook so I still need to make dinner for him and my daughter- and i got nothing- yesterday i made chicken and got so sick just from the sight that i had to stand back and explain to husband how to make it!
  • Options
    @relizabethp, that's rough. Luckily my husband can cook the basics and understands that I really can't cook right now. 
  • Options
    kcf19kcf19 member
    I literally haven't made dinner in 2 months.  Like we're are in complete fend for yourself mode right now.  It's like a smorgasbord every night.  Luckily my husband does most of the cooking now for our son since I'm having a hard time cooking and mostly just eating yogurt, PBJ sandwiches, fruit, and occasionally pasta. 
    I typically love cooking but I’ve never enjoyed cooking while pregnant for several reasons. Tired, food aversions, nausea, and I much prefer cooking with a glass of wine. 
  • Options
    kcf19kcf19 member
    A yummy and easy dinner we like is Trader Joe’s Schwarma chicken roasted, rice or naan and broccoli and tzatziki/hummus. Orrrr you can make schwarma chicken nachos with pita or tortilla chips, cucumber, feta and tzatziki/hummus. Now I want some. 
  • Options
    @kcf19 YES! Cooking without a glass of wine is almost torture! 
  • Options
    nik012nik012 member
    @MagalinaH @relizabethp Same here! We have been ordering out so much because if I cook the food, I can't eat it. It just grosses me out right now. My husband can cook but he hasn't stepped up, but I'm fine with that because he loves spice and over seasoning everything and that would not be the best for my indigestion! One night I made buttered rice. Sometimes PB&J and fruit. 
  • Options
    @kcf19 - yum! I was addicted to the gyro meat and thick middle eastern bread + tzatziki and hummus and cucumbers frim
    Trader Joe’s my first month of pregnancy! So yummy and quick and easy.  TJ’s is the best for quick and easy meals.
  • Options
    I did a sheet pan chicken with maple syrup+dijon mustard, veggies and potatoes and it was delish. 
  • Options
    DH is smoking a pork shoulder for pulled pork and while I usually love when he smokes meat, the smell is KILLING me and I can't stop gagging.
  • Options
    @fifilala516 That reminds me of my first pregnancy. We had a big box of Duraflame logs in our living room, and that fire/smoky smell they give off was making me so sick to my stomach, I had to have my husband totally get rid of them. I think he put them in a shed or something, haha. But yeah, it was stomach churning. 
  • Options
    @kcf19 umm I know I'm super late to this thread, but chicken shawarma nachos sounds AMAZING. Next time I'm at Trader Joe's, I know what I'm getting!!

@Lisa3379 How does Gobble compare to Hello Fresh? H and I have only done Hello Fresh and loved it, but it got a little pricey. 

A super simple dinner that is always a hit around here-- chicken breasts in the crock pot, cover with a packet of taco seasoning and a jar of salsa, low for 6ish hours, then shred for tacos. 
  • Options
    @felix08 we only tried Hello Fresh for a week I think, but the meals seemed boring. Maybe it was just a clunker week. But I also felt that there was a lot more prep with Hello Fresh, and preparing the Gobble meals was faster. I also really like Gobble’s Asian meals. They use ingredients that I would never think to get, so our dinners are always super diverse. The portions also seem massive, so we have leftovers pretty often. We’ve been using Gobble for maybe 6 years and have been really pleased. I’m not sure how they compare to Hello Fresh cost-wise, though. 
  • Options
    magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited July 2021
    We've done Home Chef for almost a year now after also having done Hello Fresh and Blue Apron before. I really like Home Chef. They have a huge variety of meals to choose from, that are very healthy (we try to stick to lean protein and veggies, with limited carbs). We've never had any issues with quality of ingredients (which we had tons with Hello Fresh), and they had some options where you just dump everything in a pan and bake it. There were quite a few that only took 15-20min to prep/cook start to finish.