Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS 6/28

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

***If you are having a hard day Re: TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy, or labor & delivery experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WAYDTGKU:

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? 

Re: TFAS 6/28

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1AL

WAYDTGKU: benched

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Looks like I'm back to normal!! Very excited about that, now to see how my LP does. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? What the actual hell with daycare germs right now. DD got croup AGAIN last week. Twice!! in just under 3 weeks. I've been sick since the first round, and had just finished up antibiotics for that when I got sick again. So now it's been almost 4 weeks straight for me. It hasn't been this bad since she started daycare! 

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? Trashy reality TV (anyone else binge The Circle or Love is Blind? 😂) and also I'm a sucker for Hallmark movies. Gotta love a guaranteed happy ending, and I'm loving all the new actors they've gotten in their efforts to be a bit more diverse. 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @pajamstagrams twice in 3 weeks?! Your poor daughter!! Hope she gets better quickly, the daycare germs are no joke. Happy to hear you’re back to normal. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 11m

Any thoughts about this cycle? Kind of just meh about it. MH has a random rash that is preventing us from having sex and I’m on CD 12 soooo (usually ovulate around 13-14)

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? DD turns 1 next Tuesday and I can’t believe it. We are driving up to my parents’ house this weekend and they’re having a party with my side of the family. Then we will have a party with DH’s side at our house the following weekend. I feel a little extra but hey pandemic baby with no baby shower to celebrate her 🤷🏼‍♀️ We
    went to Florida last week and although vacation wasn’t necessarily relaxing with her, I enjoyed all the quality time. 

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? Also the cheesy hallmark type movies / any Nicholas sparks one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @b_1029 girl you celebrate that baby! I spend legit a couple thousand on birthday parties in top of their baptism parties that first year 😂 seriously feel no shame and have a great time! That first birthday is just as big for you as her 💕

@pajamstagrams oh no croup is no fun I’m sorry! Sending lots of popsicles and love your way. My kids have never had it. Luckily they got my hubby’s immune system and have only been sick a few times. Any other time in history I would’ve died by now lol I’m sickly. But I treated it a lot at childrens it can be so scary for parents! I hope she’s feeling better and you get some rest too. 
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/4

WAYDTGKU: seeing a NaPro next week and we are on the donor embryo list 

WTO/TWW? Who knows I maybe ovulated yesterday we will see

Ages of other child(ren)? 1 & 3 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m excited to see the NaPro doctor. I’m having a super hard time post weaning though my PPD is flaring up - it did last time too though it doesn’t last long  

Any questions? Not really in a few days I may post my chart to to the Q&A thread. 

Rant/Rave? I’m packing for our trip which I find so stressful but I’m really looking forward to relaxing. However it’s not the most financially responsible decision. It’s not a huge deal but we should probably have saved the money. It’s needed though we’ve been stressed out lately and and I could definitely use a pick me up. 

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? 
    On the rare occasion I don’t have the kids with me I always take the long way home and turn the radio up all the way and play music I won’t let them listen to while I eat chocolate haha 
  • Options
    @b_1029 ugh, sorry that this cycle might be a bust for you. What poor timing!

And it's definitely not extra to celebrate a first birthday!! Never a bad thing to celebrate with friends and family (provided no one has covid haha)

@daisy0322 yes she's mostly better, just a bit snotty (both physically and in typical toddler attitude 🙄) thankfully she didn't need the racemic epi in addition this time (just the 'roids), so it was definitely a milder case. And only needed one night in our bed, so that was a huuuuge relief.

Oh man, I love my kid free radio time. As soon as DD gets dropped off at daycare, the playlist changes 😂 

I hope you have a fun time on your trip! It's always tough when you're stressing about finances but hopefully everyone can still relax.

• Options
    @pajamstagrams I’m sorry for your loss but glad to hear that things seem to be going back to normal. 

@b_1029 happy early birthday to your DD!!

@daisy0322 enjoy your trip! I feel you about needing to save the money but I’m sure you guys need a trip also. 

Month/Cycle? 0/0

WAYDTGKU: NTNP until next month 

WTO/TWW? Maybe TWW? I haven’t been tracking too closely this cycle and it’s my first cycle off BCP so it might be wonky. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 1/2 and 2 1/2

Any thoughts about this cycle? We haven’t been preventing but I honestly have no idea if I ovulated or not yet. When I came off BCP when TTC DD1 I ovulated a week late the first month and missed the window entirely so it’s possible I haven’t even ovulated yet. 

Any questions? Nope. 

Rant/Rave? Only 6 more shifts left at my job (which I hate) before starting my dream job on 7/19!

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? Every now and then I’ll pick up a trashy romance novel in between books. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @pajamstagrams haha yes! I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’m probably only away from the kids maybe 1-2 hours a week if at all so it’s definitely coveted. 

@shortstack930 thanks yeah it’s not that big of a deal I just am always stressed about money - we could be rich and I’d still be freaking out 😅 that’s exciting about the dream job! What will you be doing? PS i sometimes read those too lol and 50 Shades 
  • Options
    @shortstack930 I've definitely been known to read a trashy romance novel or two 🙈😂 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I can't believe it croup twice in three weeks! Hope your kiddo is better soon!

@b_1029 be extra and enjoy that party! 

@daisy0322 I always have vacation regret right before I go-but you're right not only do you need the break but its memories! Hope you have fun!

@shortstack930 what is your current job and what will your new job be? That sounds exciting!

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WAYDTGKU: CM, CP, temping, OPK

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 6, almost 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopefully get a clearer O picture this month-I didn't do anything but CM and CP because usually I have plenty of EWCM and ovulation cramps but this month no symptoms no mucus, nada. Maybe its because its the first cycle post IUD being out?

Any questions? This might be dumb, and I could totally google it, but my temp was higher than usual this morning and I'm wondering if its because I was slightly elevated on my pillow and usually I take it laying flat. Does that make a difference?

Rant/Rave? My oldest is at camp and he's having a blast and there has been no complaint about his behavior. 

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? Young adult and middle grade books. 
  • Options
    @smashjam you never know, my temp is higher when my arms are under the covers. 😂  It wasn't a temp shift, was it?

Also glad I'm not the only one who reads YA occasionally. Gotta mix it up with the trashy romance 😬
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams no, it''s too early and it went back down today. Just weirdness, I guess!
  • Options
    hi, i'm back after what feels like i was mia for ages.

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 7/7

WAYDTGKU: ntnp this month and last bc of trips

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 mos

Any thoughts about this cycle? prob a bust, way too much going on and stress

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? i'm just so tired post office move, and then my child must've brought home germs bc MH and I both are suffering from colds. and i still have slight is it a cold or covid paranoia 

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? bad tv: bachelor/ette, married at first sight, some of the housewives

@pajamstagrams dude, the cdc is not joking about colds and stuff running wild right now. i think this is our 2nd or 3rd summer cold. this one is hitting me the worst, i think i'm just run down in general.
    @b_1029 aww enjoy, i was so sad to be gipped of a first bday celebration for my DD. i vote go all out.
    @daisy0322 that's exciting, i did some googling on napro. if you don't want to explain i totally understand, but how will that work with a donor egg? bc it's not true ivf, right?
    @shortstack930 ooooh congrats about your dream job! so exciting!! i'm sure those last shifts will fly bys
    @SmashJam i'm glad to hear camp is working well! i loved camp as a kid, even overnight camp.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 good to see you again! If we go the donor route we will use the RE. NaPro is kinda a different thing but we did discuss embryo adoption with our priest and such as being an alternative to IVF 
  • Options
    Hello! I'm new here 😃

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: temp, CM, sex

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 and 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? This cycle I'm mostly trying to figure out when I ovulate. My cycle are "regular" but super long, like 34-38 days, so I need to be really meticulous about temping.

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? It's Pokémon. I pretend I know all about it because of my kid, but really I got him into it.

@pajamstagrams I'm convinced that bad colds in July are a distinctly daycare phenomenon. We got so many last summer when they went back after the covid closures 

@b_1029 have fun at your birthday party!

@daisy0322 enjoy your trip!

@shortstack930 congratulations on the job!

@SmashJam Love YA and middle grade
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 4

Month/Cycle? 9 months

WAYDTGKU: Provera and metformin for PCOS

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9, 5, 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Since it's my first cycle on new meds, I don't really know what to expect. 

Any questions? If anyone has used Provera or metformi , I'd love to hear your experience

Rant/Rave? 

GTKY: Do you have a guilty pleasure? Mani pedi every two weeks. That's what I'm doing right now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @daisy0322 @SmashJam my current job is as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory but in two weeks I will start my job as a Labor & Delivery nurse!

@SmashJam I loveeee YA and that is mostly what I read! I feel like being elevated in bed shouldn't really affect your temp.

@anniemarie887 we have had colds going on in our house for the last few weeks also! Hope you all feel better soon!

@wisewitch222 Pokemon is awesome!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @SmashJam young adult books is my lane, too. My oldest just went to camp for the first time. I opted for day camp instead of overnight to ease him into it. He loved it though
  • Options
    @heathergirl89 we also did a day camp-and I'm just so excited he did at least well enough that no one spoke to me! We have a couple more day camps this summer and I'm hoping he continues to do well! What kind of day camp did your oldest go to? 
  • Options
    He went to a local Christian camp @SmashJam